EYE FLOATERS - or VISION FLOATERS

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: EYE FLOATERS - or VISION FLOATERS

Postby EmmetFitzhume » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:28 am

didi wrote:Emmet. Please pay attention if you see flashing lights when you blink. Just because you have had them all your life does not mean the retina cannot separate.

Didi

Well I'm 43 and remember them since early childhood. If I ever see flashing or see a sudden dramatic increase in the quantity of floaters I'll see a doc.

I also frequently notice the blue field entoptic phenomenon when looking at the sky or even white walls... Kinda neat really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field ... phenomenon
EmmetFitzhume

Postby noelalexis2000 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Well, my eye doctor also said because I started wearing glasses at such a young age (9) and because of my age 50's that it was very common since I am very nearsighted. Don't know how true that is but know I have them and they annoy me a lot. Sometimes worse than others. I don't know how diet would relate to them but it would be nice if they would just dissolve. :roll:
noelalexis2000

Postby sweetfruitlover » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:04 pm

I've had them ever since I can remember. I'm very nearsighted, so maybe that's part of it. I'm so used to them I don't even think about them. Once in a while they interfere with reading, but I just blink and go on. I haven't noticed any difference from diet.

I did have two detached retinas several years back. I had all of the warning signs except a sudden increase in floaters, which in retrospect I'm thankful for since I have so many already!
sweetfruitlover

Postby didi » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:35 pm

sweet, what were the warning signs of detached retinas?

didi
didi

Postby Kiki » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:09 pm

didi wrote:sweet, what were the warning signs of detached retinas?

didi

Same as eye floaters. With detatched retinas, people tend to see dark spots or have a sudden increase in floaters. Another possibility is ocular migraine where the blood vessels temporarily constrict and cause loss of vision, blurred vision, or black spots.

The detatched retina is serious and permanent. So, it's a good idea to get checked by an ophthalmologist for that. I did.
Kiki

Previous

Return to The Lounge