Male Pattern Baldness

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Male Pattern Baldness

Postby rickfm » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:56 pm

misterE wrote:http://www.skinlaboratory.com/peel-strength

MisterE, there are three different products under level one, which one did you use?

I've got a receding hairline. At the price of those products, I'm willing to give it a go. I usually keep my hair close cut at about 1/4", so shaving bald won't be that big of a deal.

How many applications did it take for you to notice a difference?
~Rick

Mmmm.... cabbage!
Keeping it Simple
rickfm

Postby misterE » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Conan wrote: It is hard to believe the effect is there at all, and if it is, that it lasts after treatment is stopped.

The McDougall-program-for-maximum-weight-loss will stop the progression of baldness hormonally by increasing SHBG and IGFBP's while decreasing inflammation, especially when combined with intense exercise, intermediate-fasting and sunshine exposure. To regrow the "lost" hair, glycolic-acid (the most potent alpha-hydroxy-acid) is needed to exfoliate away the dead keratin.

As long as you follow the McDougall-diet after using the glycolic-acid, you shouldn't experience any more follicular-hyperkeratinization (baldness).
Vote with your money.
misterE

Postby misterE » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:46 pm

rickfm wrote: MisterE, there are three different products under level one, which one did you use?

How many applications did it take for you to notice a difference?

Glycolic-acid...hands down. Glycolic-acid, out of all the other AHA's, has the smallest molecular structure and is able to penetrate between the dead-skin-cells much more effective than any others. Glycolic-acid is the alpha-male of alpha-hydroxy-acids!

After using level-1 glycolic-acid, I would then upgrade to level-3 glycolic-acid, which is the best product they have to sell, even better than any of the level-4s!

If you apply it to your entire scalp, you should get at least 4 or 5 really good peels (considering you do each peel one week apart) before your hair grows too long to apply any more. After the 4 to 5 peels, you should notice your hair is much thicker. That said, I believe it may take as many as 100 to 200 (or even more) peels to fully reverse MPB and have a norwood-1. Each bottle has about 20 peels in it.
Vote with your money.
misterE

Previous

Return to The Lounge