CHRISTMAS CHALLENGERS--wk. 3

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

CHRISTMAS CHALLENGERS--wk. 3

Postby JodyS » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:58 am

Hi all! Made my way here! It is time for everyone to sound off on their progress so far.

I did really well except for the anniversary of the day my husband and I met. We celebrate this every year, and while I did well during dinner, for dessert I had Tiramusu. (Of all things!!). My wieght stayed the same this week. I hardly think one dessert would keep me from losing though after moving and doing well all week, so it is probably a quirk. My body does this. It will lose nothing and then the following week, I'll lose 4 or 5 lbs.

So all hang in there and remember to keep moving as well!! (Even if it's around the block, it's around the block more than you did before!!)

Good luck! Jody
Be true to who you are.
JodyS

Postby Puddy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:31 am

Sounds like you fared well, Jody, even with the anniversary celebration!

I lost 4.5 lbs this week even though my diet was not the greatest, but I did get a little more exercise in. I think that's what helped. I'm trying to eat very basic. I'm boring of traditional breatkfast foods so I need to try some other things. But overall, a good week for me.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C.S.Lewis in Mere Christianity
Puddy

Postby Doris » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:45 am

I had a good week. Went to a wedding on Saturday and I survived the reception. Hiked with my grandsons (5 and 4) on Sunday and had a wonderful time. I am ready for this week on the Christmas Challenge. Have veggie chili, cooked brown rice, pumpkin pie oats, and will have some potato/cabbage soup prepared by this evening. So I will have no excuses. Wish all of you continued success! :)
Doris

Postby ReneeK » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:50 am

Was a good week this week. Friday and Saturday found me grabbing the sweets available in the office kitchenette. I managed some success Friday evening dining at a friend's house. I discretely picked the chicken out of the small spoonfull of chicken and noodles I took and concentrated mainly on the mashed potatoes and green beans. My friend's dad was even the first to comment on my weightloss. I was quite happy that he noticed.
Saturday morning was a work day. I trimmed trees and hauled brush out to the curb with several members from my church. Definitely felt the workout afterwards.
ReneeK

Postby Marla » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:55 am

Last edited by Marla on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marla

Postby Sierra » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:42 am

I lost another pound this week!! It sure is nice to have a partner to McDougall with. My 16 year old daughter and I are in this together!!! Although she really does not need to lose any weight, she enjoys the McDougall plan.

My daughter and I exercise together (although she does not have much time during the week, due to tons of homework). We found three different tapes at the Dollar Tree store this weekend and decided to buy them. Hey, for a buck a piece, ya can't beat that! By golly, they are pretty good tapes. So we exercised to a walking, pilates, and a yoga tape.
Sierra

Week 3 - 2 lbs down

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:11 pm

Week 3 was OK, with 2 lbs lost and enough exercise, but too many invitations to dinner to manage. Still OK on target for Christmas, though!
Mike

Start: 13 Dec 2014, 126.9 kg
Target: XX XXX 2015/6, 73.1 kg (BMI = 21.75)
Current: 104.8 kg
Mike

Postby KristaO » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:07 pm

Taking that healthy soup on errands with me, so I'm on target for Christmas too. Love this new board! 8)

Krista

KristaO

Postby Mirrim » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:40 pm

Is it too late to join this? Just found the board early this week and started back on the program. I'd like to stay on the MWL.
Mirrim

Postby jasmer » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:55 pm

Hi everyone !

I am a newbie here and was wondering what the goal is for Christmas?

Also, is there a testimonial section to the forum?

Thanks!
jasmer

Postby JodyS » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:53 am

Anyone can join in at any time before Christmas. We are entering week 4 on Monday. It is simply a challenge to take off those extra pounds before the holiday that we have gotten lazy about. I am an old time McDougaller who lost originally over 150 lbs. on the program. Lazy ways, not exercising and allowing some no-no foods back into the program helped me gain almost 30 lbs. I started the challenge as support. Join us and good luck!
Jody
Be true to who you are.
JodyS

Return to The Lounge