Mary's Mini-McDougall Diet

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Mary's Mini-McDougall Diet

Postby Patt » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:26 am

Just read about this in the June newsletter. It looks like an interesting idea and it might be doable for a couple of weeks.

Has anyone here tried this or heard results from someone who has?
Patt

Postby Porcelain Interior » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:53 am

Many posters have lost weight using the mini. I haven't tried it yet, but I really need to look into it.
Porcelain Interior

Done that!

Postby Malva » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:35 pm

And it works.
I used it to lose the last 5 pounds.
It's much more restrictive than the MWL Program (see Maximum Weight Loss Program forum).
Pick one starch (like potatoes or brown rice or oats) and eat that with added veggies for three meals a day.

Kinda boring for some folks.
Some found that they had to add other starches in order to keep their sanity. :lol:

If you've been McDougalling for awhile, and tried the MWL program, the Mini should not be a problem for you. I like to advise most folks who have just started McDougalling to stick with the regular program, then "graduate" to the MWL program, and then try the Mini when you plateau. It's less of a shock that way, and helps people to not "cheat" or give up completely.

McDougalling is a lifestyle change rather than a typical diet program.
I do a more restricted Program to maintain my weight & health. I have been McDougalling for about 30 years, with a long transition, until I finally accepted this lifestyle, stayed on Program and reached my goal back in 2006.
Malva

Postby fiddler3 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:16 pm

I used the mini diet when I started to seriously McDougall in June. I loved this article, because it gave me a template for planning meals, and I found I finally knew "what to cook for supper". I think it is a good way to jumpstart one's efforts to seriously McDougall.

fiddler3
fiddler3

Return to The Lounge