apology that someone seems to be using my name

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

apology that someone seems to be using my name

Postby groundhogg » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:22 am

to put all sorts of junk on here.

I hate this, and sorry this is happening.

I feel harassed.
groundhogg

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:28 am

Maybe if you changed your password?

I'm sorry this is happening - I hope it gets fixed soon for your sake! :(
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby groundhogg » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am

I had enough trouble just getting on here in the first place.

I think I can't tolerate anymore of this type of thing...I manaege to get lots of people having very nasty feelings for me on Vegsource boards, even though I have no such feelings for any of them,

Now I fear they are more high tech than I am and determined to follow me around harassing me wherever i am online.

It's very upsetting to me and I feel I just about went over my limits for tolerating this stuff.
groundhogg

Re: apology that someone seems to be using my name

Postby Puddy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:33 am

groundhogg wrote:to put all sorts of junk on here.

I hate this, and sorry this is happening.

I feel harassed.

If you look closely at one of those "harassing" posts you mention, the poster's name is spelled differently than yours.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C.S.Lewis in Mere Christianity
Puddy

Postby McSuegall » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:35 am

I was going to point out the same thing...he's transposed the u and the o....it's obvious this is a board "troll" and hopefully a board moderator can ban the creep.

I'm sorry this is happening. I just found the new site here and I love it and it's SO much easier to use!
McSuegall

Postby SandyW » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:37 am

Puddy, you're right!! I didn't notice that until I just read your post. It is spelled a little differently and just to glance at it you would think it's the same spelling. I don't understand why this person hasn't been dealt with already and removed from these boards...and I feel bad for our real groundhogg having to deal with this and making her feel bad. :(
SandyW
_______
"I will not eat anything that walks, runs, skips, hops or crawls. God knows that I've crawled on occasion, and I'm glad that no one ate me." -----Alex Poulos
SandyW

Mrs. Doodlepunk,

Postby Sparky » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:39 am

If groundhogg changed her password, it wouldn't help. The imposter uses a slightly different username. Anyone can impersonate another person in that manner. That's why, as I just said in another post, I think members ought to have to be approved and then have their first few posts monitored. The adminstrator could also make sure that nobody has a username meant to impersonate another person (notice that "gruondhogg" is "misspelled").
Sparky

Postby groundhogg » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:43 am

Well, I think I'm just giving up at this point.

I'm very low-tech, and had all sorts of trouble just getting into this new website to begin with.

Apparently I have made enemies with some person or persons online along the way...I've tried to keep going on in spite of this, but feel I can't possible continue on knowing someone will be posting all sorts of perverted stuff under my name.

I think I've had enough...bye ya'll. :) I need my privacy from online places.
groundhogg

Postby SandyW » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:49 am

groundhogg, don't let this jerk run you off...you haven't done anything wrong...I think once a moderator can look at what this person is posting, they will ban him immediately...I was just looking to see how you would report something like this...anyone know how?
SandyW
_______
"I will not eat anything that walks, runs, skips, hops or crawls. God knows that I've crawled on occasion, and I'm glad that no one ate me." -----Alex Poulos
SandyW

Please don't leave!

Postby Sparky » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:52 am

Groundhogg,

Please don't leave. Those of us who "know" you from the old board know that you wouldn't post that kind of stuff. Actually, probably anyone who reads the stuff will know it's not from you. If the imposter is successful in making you leave, that'll just encourage him to do the same thing to someone else. Be brave and stick it out. Don't let the jerk win.

I've emailed Carol, the moderator of this board, and gave suggestions for preventing that kind of stuff. Just stick it out for a little while. It can be taken care of and prevented in the future.
Sparky

Will the real Groundhog please stand up to the imposters

Postby Kathy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:27 am

Please don't go - we all enjoy your posts and sense of humor so much.
Kathy

Postby Sierra » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm

You get your furry little rear back on these boards right NOW. Do you hear me groundhogg???

The moderators will take care of this punk and hopefully the other one, Dr. Montana whats his name. There always has to be somebody to ruin a good thing.

We loves ya!!!
Sierra

Postby Sher » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:45 pm

groundhogg wrote:Well, I think I'm just giving up at this point.

I'm very low-tech, and had all sorts of trouble just getting into this new website to begin with.

Groundhogg, do not give up. And please don't take it personally. I think some troll decided to copy your name randomly. If you leave, you let them win. :x

Seriously, I have been on this type of board for years. I just looked at the one I was on the most, it has over 5,000 people signed up (although a lot are duplicates, for "secret pal" type games, etc.). There were problems, and the longer the board ran, the better they learned to deal with all the *mess* that could pop up from spammers, etc.

Practice makes perfect! You'll get the hang of the new board before long, but ya gotta keep posting to do so--most everyone that has been online for very long can recognize a TROLL/troublemaker, and they are not going to take their posting seriously, or hold it against YOU. Be patient, and give the administrators time to deal with the problem.

Straighten up now, or I'll cross the state line & kick some groundhogg butt! :D I like to read your posts.

Hugs,
Sher
Sher

Postby phillyrv » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:56 pm

:mad: Grr...I would be mad too.
But hopefully this person will not be around long so just hang in there and let the moderators take it from here...
Have a great "Mcdougall Day."
:cool:
Phyllis............... :-D I love them faces, too!!!!
phillyrv

Postby Sunny » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:00 pm

Hey not your fault Groundhogg :-D :-D
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Next

Return to The Lounge