apology that someone seems to be using my name

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

don't be paranoid!

Postby Malva » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:50 pm

It was some punk who just used a version of your name.
It could have happened to any of us!
This is a public place, and so these kinds of things happen.

The links don't work, so either it's a stupid Halloween joke (which I believe it is), or the moderator has started to dismember him.
I do a more restricted Program to maintain my weight & health. I have been McDougalling for about 30 years, with a long transition, until I finally accepted this lifestyle, stayed on Program and reached my goal back in 2006.
Malva

Please Stay Groundhogg

Postby PattyC » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:16 pm

I've learned so much from you and you have become a friend to me even though we've never met.

We need you and what you add to this board.
Pat

PattyC

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:57 pm

I'm sorry, Groundhog, I thought your password had got highjacked. Now I can see that there are two Groundhog impostors and they need to be trapped and released in that swamp behind my in-laws house where there are wild dogs roaming around. That'll fix'em. :unibrow:

You better get your furry little butt back here where it belongs. The first thing I do most mornings is see what you are writing here. I just finished reading that whole thing by the guy who did the fast for his UC. Amazing! I read about it in one of your threads that you started on the old board, whether you provided the link or not is not important, you started the topic!

Come back!
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Don't worry, be happy!

Postby KristaO » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:51 pm

Yes it's a bummer :mad: but it could be worse, you know. The administrators can just find that name and delete all those goofy responses. Plus, they could tell from the computer who it was that signed up. Hopefully it will be resolved soon!

Meanwhile, here's a cute groundhog site to lift your spirits:
http://www.hoghaven.com/gfaq.htm :)
KristaO

Postby Doris » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:28 pm

This is your board, so hang in!! Don't let some Jerk prevent you from posting. I love reading your posts, your sense of humor, and your cooking style. You offer a lot of support to others who post here. Hope to keep reading your posts!!!!!!
Doris

I reported it today, 11/01/06

Postby yamster » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:50 pm

SandyW wrote:I think once a moderator can look at what this person is posting, they will ban him immediately...I was just looking to see how you would report something like this...anyone know how?

I gave a detailed report today to the site administrators, Dr. McDougall and Carol. I copied and e-mailed the offensive posts along with a request to have the intruder(s) removed from the Member List & boards, along with their obscene garbage.

yamster
yamster

Postby groundhogg » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:07 am

Okay :oops: sorry :-( I had a "reaction" to that stuff yesterday.

I'm sorry. I have a tendency to get very upset when I feel someone is harassing me...I guess during the entire year of 2006, a series of things got me feeling very paranoid and jumpy and vulnerable to such stuff. How many times did I get upset enough to drop offline forever on the old board :shock: ? I've been pretty uptight in recent months...there's just been lots of strange stuff that I've become super timid, unusually sensitive, or, heck maybe I just AM that way???? :oops:

I have to admit I became outraged :mad: over this yesterday. Groundhubby thought I was being hasty :o and thought I should trust that people who know me will be able to tell my posts from someone else's, and that the board monitors will be able to isolate the imposter and get that person banned.

Shaky, jittery, nervous--maybe trust is the thing I've let slip outta my life, lately :oops: .

Again, sorry I reacted with so much emotion. Let's see if it's safe for me here now :cool:

Thank you all for your understanding of a very "delicate" :-P groundhog(g), if you can picture such a thing :P .
groundhogg

Postby SandyW » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:55 am

Yipppeeeee! You're staying here with us...glad to hear that! :-D
SandyW
_______
"I will not eat anything that walks, runs, skips, hops or crawls. God knows that I've crawled on occasion, and I'm glad that no one ate me." -----Alex Poulos
SandyW

Postby JodyS » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:20 am

Groundhogg,
I am glad your staying. That other groundhog is merely a WEASEL!!
Jody
Be true to who you are.
JodyS

Postby groundhogg » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:32 am

I'm feeling embarrassed about my wild freak-out reaction.

I guess you can all easily see that...well...I'm a NUT :-P .

I absolutely love everyone here, though. :D
groundhogg

Don't leave, just take action

Postby yamster » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:03 am

groundhogg wrote:I guess you can all easily see that...well...I'm a NUT :-P .

Aren't we all, in one way or another? :unibrow: You're in good company, glad you're sticking with us. Together we can keep this place one of integrity. I, for one, am committed to taking action whenever creeps try to trash the boards with their garbage -- report it immediately. Then let it go, walk away for awhile, take a time out. But don't let it consume you.

Love ya' Groundhogg
yamster

Postby groundhogg » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:00 pm

Thanks for your help, Yamster.

I still feel totally stupid :oops: about my reactions to such things... or inability to KNOW how to react and then just flatout losing it.

I know I really do have a lot of nice friends here, in spite of how nutty I am :P .
groundhogg

Postby Sher » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:19 pm

You're such a long-time member of the McD boards, NO ONE would have ever thought you were behind those posts.

Glad to see you back today....don't feel bad, must be something in the air, we can blame it on Mercury Retrograde (October 28 - November 17, 2006). After a bad night at work, bad parts, irritation, we went to our car at near midnight and found a flat tire last night. :? I told DH at least we could be thankful that A. we were parked near a streetlight, and B. it had stopped raining (while HE changed the tire).

*Stuff* happens! :D

Sher
Sher

Previous

Return to The Lounge