This makes me SICK!!!!!!!!

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby pollkat » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:38 am

Sunny wrote:Does the food channel have a Veg show :?: That would be nice, since not everyone eats meat. :)

I watch a food show on my local cable channel. WPSX. Its called Christina Cooks. She's a vegan (mostly) but her diet consists of macrobiotics eating. She had cancer as a teen & was given little time to live. She started her vegan diet & 20 some years later she is cancer free. Her shows are fun to watch. You can check your network to see if she's on any of your channels. Or go to her website & it will tell you what is available in your area.

There's also shows on the Healthy Living Channel. I don't get them because we don't have dish or directv, but they look like interesting cooking shows. Mostly vegan stuff.
pollkat

Re: This makes me SICK!!!!!!!!

Postby PattyC » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:56 am

Sandie wrote: To tell you the truth, if Oprah can help get millions of people switching from SAD to a healthier eating plan such as the one in Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen's new book, I'm all for it. It was just such a discovery that started me on the journey to health and eventually to Dr. McDougall! One step at a time will take us great distances! :-D

I soooooo agree with you Sandie. I saw the show too and was quite thrilled to see that the doctors were closer than ever to the McDougall lifestyle. That's the closest Oprah has come on her show. She says she's going to try it for two weeks. Let's all hope that she experiences something she never has before in how this lifestyle works both for weight and health. I would hope that any success would bring her one step closer to considering having Dr. McD on her show.
Pat

PattyC

Postby noodle » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:12 am

I am thankful we don't have T.V., so I'm blissfully ignorant of all the nonsense out there!! :D

I'll just stick to all my McDougall books and VCR's, thank you. :-D
noodle

Postby PattyC » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:22 am

noodle wrote:I am thankful we don't have T.V., so I'm blissfully ignorant of all the nonsense out there!! :D

I'll just stick to all my McDougall books and VCR's, thank you. :-D

You make me smile Noodle! You're probably better off than a lot of us sometimes!
Pat

PattyC

Dr Oz

Postby KareninTN » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:24 am

I didn't think he was so bad. Yeah, I rolled my eyeballs when he said olive oil :rolleyes: . But I thought he had lots of relevant points also. I'd read his book; he's really good at explaining how bodies work to a non-medical audience, and I'm always open to learning more.

karenturtle
McDougalling since summer, 2005. Maintaining my 100 pound weight loss since summer, 2007. My Star McDougaller stories: video written
KareninTN

Postby Sher » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:23 pm

pollkat wrote:I watch a food show on my local cable channel. WPSX. Its called Christina Cooks. ....
There's also shows on the Healthy Living Channel. I don't get them because we don't have dish or directv, but they look like interesting cooking shows. Mostly vegan stuff.

I've always wanted to watch Christina Cooks, but never could get it straight if it was available on Directv...I had never heard of the Healthy Living Channel. I don't know if my pkg. includes it , but according to their website, they are on Dish Network channel 223. They are not on DirecTV yet.

I seldom watch tv. The computer has become my territory, & the tv has become DH's. :-D (Even the furbabies know this, they hang out in Mommy's computer corner, and run ahead of her to wait in her chair for a bit of attention). I have had DSL for about 2 weeks, and have enjoyed the heck out of the videos on the Vegsource site, so that is going to be my TV, I guess! It got very late one night, so I left one of Dr. McD's paused, to finish the next day. I got up, it was not on. :question: Later in the day, DH was talking, & said, "It's like that video you had on the computer "(referring to corporations not having our best interests at heart, etc.). Huh? What video? Turns out, he thought I left it on purpose for HIM to watch! Hmm! This might be a good ticket to getting him to hear the message, because he won't read any of my health books. But man + video + Play button...... :P

Sher
Sher

Previous

Return to The Lounge