I'm so excited to be here!

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

I'm so excited to be here!

Postby GinaLaughed » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:22 am

Wow! The new forum looks great! I will definitely be a regular here now that this format is being used....it's much easier and quicker to read.

I'm Gina and I've been McDougalling since Thanksgiving Day in 2002. Yep, I picked a difficult day to start on but I did it! I did great for the first 4 months and lost 30 pounds. I had been struggling with secondary infertility for almost 10 years. We had gotten to the point of accepting that we would only have one child when I discovered I was pg with my son! I had lost weight before in hopes of getting pg and that didn't work. I'm convinced it was switching to a no fat vegetarian diet that did it for me.

The only problem is I started craving meat so bad I gave in and quit MCD'ing until after I weaned my son from BF a year ago. Since then we have been MCD'ing off and on. We just recomitted to MCD'ing for life and I'm back to cooking and chopping all the time but it is so worth it to be healthy!

It has taken me 1 year and 2 1/2 months to lose 20 pounds. That was not really even trying...just MCD'ing off and on and exercising off and on as well. I have 102 more pounds to go and I'm determined to get there.

I was estatic when I read the announcement that there was a new discussion board! I came right over to sign up even through it's in the wee hours of the morning for me! (I didn't mean to stay up so late but I had a bread machine problem that I was trying to figure out.)

I'll be back tomorrow to get to know you all a little more!
Gina

“Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” ~Winston Churchill

GinaLaughed

Postby Sandie » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:19 am

Welcome, Gina! :)

Glad you are here! I know what you mean about McDougalling on and off ~ that is the story of my life over the past couple of years. I'm back on track now and feel confident I'll stay here for life. I feel too good eating healthy to stray that far again! :D
Have a great day!!
Sandie

http://www.geocities.com/sandieb101/Menu2.html

~ Although I need to lose more, I'm taking baby steps with small goals! ~
Sandie

Postby Sunny » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:28 am

Hi Gina glad you are here. :-D
There are some of us who have done the same thing "On and Off", but alot of us have recommitted to sticking with it this time. :-D Nice to have you here with us. :-D
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby Lin » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:23 am

Welcome Gina,
It's always nice to have another McDougaller to join us.
Lin

Let all that you do be done in love.
(1 Cor. 16: 14)
Lin

Postby Doris » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:36 am

Have a Wonderful McDougall Journey!!!! Hope to keep reading your posts. Posting really helps us stay accountable. :)
Doris

Postby noodle » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:07 am

Hi Gina! It's great to have you here. Keep us posted of your progress. And a big CONGRATULATIONS, albeit belated, on the birth of your son! :D
noodle

Postby noodle » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:08 am

Hi Gina! It's great to have you here. Keep us posted of your progress. And a big CONGRATULATIONS, albeit belated, on the birth of your son! :D
noodle

Postby TKDTigger » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:40 pm

Welcome, Gina! Good luck and belated congrats on the birth of your son!
TKDTigger

Postby Bri » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:16 am

Welcome to the group Gina.

I'm 38 weeks pregnant currently and have struggled with sticking with McDing do to various problems with nausea, gagging, and sometimes food cravings. I was so happy when I was able to start eating the McD way again without my on-going problems.
Bri

McDougalling for both health and weight loss
Bri

Return to The Lounge