My Vegan Vitamin D Winter Experiment

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

My Vegan Vitamin D Winter Experiment

Postby TerriNC » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:10 am

Surprising results from a test I've been doing on myself over the winter months. http://blog.eatplant-based.com/healthy- ... xperiment/

I just wanted to know for myself what my body would do during the winter in my area of Western NC, because so many people told me that success was unlikely. I'm very glad I did it! :)
TerriNC

Re: My Vegan Vitamin D Winter Experiment

Postby f1jim » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:16 am

Excellent write up of your experience. I love the way you included the benefits of quality sun exposure.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby pundit999 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:25 am

Great post Terri! Good to know that you can get enough Vitamin D even in winter in NC.
pundit999

Postby veg tom » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:51 am

Yesterday the sun was out in south eastern Michigan but the high was 2 the low was 16 below 0 . Hard to get sun when your frezzing to death. Come on early spring :crybaby:
A is A
veg tom

Postby Crider » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:20 am

This is a great experiment! Your D levels are really high.

It was just this week that I was able to get some sun at lunchtime where I live in Northern California. I'm in full shade on my property this time of year, so i walk up a little road to the neighborhood's water tank. It's protected from the wind. Makes for a quiet & private place for a little lunch. I take off my shirt and sit for 15 minutes or so. The feeling of well being I get is so nice! Haven't gotten sun since mid-November and have been taking vitamin D pills. Dr. Michael Holick says there are additional D-like molecules produced from sun exposure that vitamin D pills don't have.
Crider

Postby TerriNC » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:32 pm

Thanks for the responses everyone! I'm excited about the results of my experiment. It's amazing that if you just listen to your body, it will let you know what it needs.
TerriNC

Return to The Lounge