Uncle Buck and his tips for Success

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Uncle Buck and his tips for Success

Postby Melinda » Thu May 14, 2015 8:55 pm

Just thinking about when I first heard about "Uncle Buck", one of the Star Mcdougallers. If any of you haven't read his story, it is a great one - especially because he offers his tried and true "tips for success'. :-D
Melinda

Re: Uncle Buck and his tips for Success

Postby dailycarbs » Fri May 15, 2015 2:34 am

When I think of Uncle Buck I will always think of John Candy and I seriously doubt that he was a McDougaller. :D
dailycarbs

Postby VeggieSue » Fri May 15, 2015 3:02 am

His Star McDougaller story with some of the tips.

I don't have the url's for his original posts on VegSource's original McDougall forums with the 2 pages of tips, but here are 2 old blog posts containing them all:

Part 1 and Part 2
VeggieSue

Postby dteresa » Fri May 15, 2015 10:46 am

One I do not do is eat only when hungry. I like to have three good meals a day and if I am hungry will have some raw vegies or a piece of fruit. If I wait until I am really hungry I will over eat at the next meal. As a matter of fact I eat breakfast and am usually hungry by lunch time any way and again at dinner.

I also weigh frequently. Two or three pounds can easily creep on and after a while two or three more. A calorie is a calorie and I do not agree that you cannot overeat even on this way of eating.

didi
dteresa

Postby Acura » Fri May 15, 2015 12:47 pm

Anyone who says you can not overeat on this program are wrong. It may be true for some people, but not for all. You could be eating beans, brown rice, whole grain pasta, corns, potatoes with no added fats and still hit BMI of 26 easily or thereof. You may not hit 30 BMI etc but you will be overweight.
CC
Acura

Return to The Lounge