New Discussion Board Issues

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: New Discussion Board Issues

Postby JeffN » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:12 am

Sorry. This thread is just for issues with the DB which I’m trying to help them with and not the main page.

Please direct those issues to the office.

Thanks
Jeff
JeffN

Postby Nancy Lou » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:23 am

I tried to log in to post using brave browser and it kept taking me back to the log in page. Told me on my first that I tried too many times and had to do the which foods are good and bad thingie. I got logged in then when I went to add to my journal it took me back to the log in.

I switched to Chrome and that seemed to work.
Nancy

Nancy Lou

Postby VeggieSue » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:18 am

Nancy Lou wrote:I tried to log in to post using brave browser and it kept taking me back to the log in page. Told me on my first that I tried too many times and had to do the which foods are good and bad thingie. I got logged in then when I went to add to my journal it took me back to the log in.

Did the same to me this morning. The puzzle the second time was to move the bad things to the right. After I did that, it logged me in.

The board made me log in yesterday, too, but at least there were no error messages or puzzles then.
VeggieSue

Postby deweyswakms » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:13 am

Took me 3 tries to log in this morning. Has happened before where I get an error message saying I have exceeded the # of logins. What? I logged in a few days ago, and just today.

On the 3rd try and doing the Captcha quiz twice, I made it here. Going to try to get to my journal.
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:52 pm

Hi,

I've experienced same issue described above with "maximum logon exceeded" - when I am not logged in at all. Today was first time that I had to do the puzzle... :mrgreen: At least I was able to answer and get logged on! :-D

Cheers,
Stephanie
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Postby windmill » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:49 pm

Experienced the same this morning. Got this message right before I even entered anything to login. But it was not the first time - had this weeks ago as well. Seems it only happens when I visit the forum with my notebook (Win7) and never when I sit in front of my pc (Win11) or when I use my mobile (Android). Yeah forum, I got that ... I need a new notebook. :D
windmill

Postby VeggieSue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:29 am

Once in a while I still get the command to verify I'm not a robot. Looks like it's going to be the new norm.

But another problem I noticed, and I think it was mentioned elsewhere before, was the fact that in the text editing box, you can no longer edit your text using the buttons for bold, italic, underline, & quote. Nothing happens when the buttons are clicked and the code has to be manually typed in. It was bad enough this version of phpBB didn't have the automatic formatting, but now it doesn't even have the semi-automatic.
VeggieSue

Postby VegSeekingFit » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:31 pm

Ha!!

I have been challenged by the puzzle like every time for awhile... Who has a macro to move Dr. McD doesn't like Milk / Eggs / Cheese / Meat and move it automatically? :D
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Postby deweyswakms » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:38 am

Dec 10, 2021

I now have to think we really aren't supposed to log in very often. I last logged in a few days ago. This morning, I got this message two times! What IS the maximum allowed # of logins?

"You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below."

Marsha
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Postby VeggieSue » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:44 am

deweyswakms wrote:I now have to think we really aren't supposed to log in very often. I last logged in a few days ago. This morning, I got this message two times! What IS the maximum allowed # of logins?

It's just a quirk of the software, I think. Every time my computer reboots I have to log back in, and every time I log in it gives me the same message. I was busy the past few weeks and haven't been here for a while - it *still* told me I exceeded log-ins.

Just be glad it's an easy puzzle and not one of those with the pictures where you have to find every tree, or every stoplight in those tiny, fuzzy pictures. :?
VeggieSue

Link to the Starch Colution youtube video free

Postby Dougalling2 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:51 pm

I am in Canada
The youtube link for the Starch Solution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaSi3OH_y_w
tells me the video is not available. If I click on that message, it tells me the video is private.
Is it only available on youtube in the USA?
The link to vimeo works for me.
Dougalling2

Postby KillSwitch » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:28 pm

VeggieSue wrote:
deweyswakms wrote:I now have to think we really aren't supposed to log in very often. I last logged in a few days ago. This morning, I got this message two times! What IS the maximum allowed # of logins?

It's just a quirk of the software, I think. Every time my computer reboots I have to log back in, and every time I log in it gives me the same message. I was busy the past few weeks and haven't been here for a while - it *still* told me I exceeded log-ins.

Just be glad it's an easy puzzle and not one of those with the pictures where you have to find every tree, or every stoplight in those tiny, fuzzy pictures. :?

I am having the exact same issue. Why can't the webmaster fix? The old board was a lot better. Plus, when you have a private message, you do not even get notified anymore via e-mail. <smh>
KillSwitch

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:16 am

I pretty much have to do the puzzle every time.

Then, after I log in - it looks onscreen like I am logged out. :shock:

I can't remember where I saw someone write that they went back to the Discussion Board URL and were logged in. This has actually worked for me.
VegSeekingFit

Postby hazelrah » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:12 am

f1jim wrote:I guess this means I should fix my bonehead posts?
f1jim

No! We need the evidence.

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby KillSwitch » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:28 pm

Just an observation:

This forum use to be super active.

No one talks to each other anymore. You post a question and seldom get replies now.

What in the world has happened to this once vibrant online community? It is like everyone has left, and the forum has been abandoned.
KillSwitch

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge