New Discussion Board Issues

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: New Discussion Board Issues

Postby KillSwitch » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:02 am

JeffN wrote:Let’s start a new list of any concerns/problems with the new board.

It looks like the search engines and search functions are now working and if any aren’t, they are working on it.

I have contacted them about the linked pictures. All are supersized and we only see like 1/3 of the picture. I also sent them the one from Veggie Sue this morning.

If there are any other issues, list them here. Keep it short, sweet and too the point and I will add it to this list

Thanks
Jeff

I noticed this also. I have to manually resize my images really small before uploading to an image hosting website for the entire image to show.
KillSwitch

Postby frozenveg » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:13 am

I wish for 2 things: a link at the top of the main site to get to the forums, and the "notify me" box for our posts (see KillSwitch's post). Are those in the works?
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby JeffN » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:20 am

KillSwitch wrote:I have contacted them about the linked pictures. All are supersized and we only see like 1/3 of the picture.

I noticed this also. I have to manually resize my images really small before uploading to an image hosting website for the entire image to show.

This should be fixed

Thanks
Jeff
JeffN

Postby JeffN » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:23 am

frozenveg wrote:I wish for 2 things: a link at the top of the main site to get to the forums, and the "notify me" box for our posts (see KillSwitch's post). Are those in the works?

thanks.
Jeff
JeffN

Postby debknott » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:27 am

Since the board changes, for some reason, I found myself signed out of the board. When I tried to sign in again I could not remember my password, and there was no button allowing me to request a new one. Finally, I called but never heard back from anyone. Today I called again and just listened to the recording. It mentioned that one could email the following for help:

[email protected]

I did and Carol quickly emailed me back, found me in the records, and gave me a new password.

I mention this in case anyone else is having the same problem. Hope it helps. :)
debknott

Postby JeffN » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:59 am

JeffN

Postby Taggart » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:24 am

In "How To Begin Pt 1 - Starting the McDougall Program"

The Color Picture Book - PDF

I get a "404 not found" message when I click on the link.
Taggart

Postby frozenveg » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:06 am

In the MWL section, the links to the MWL recipes simply lead to the recipe page, not the specific recipe, nor a list of MWL recipes. So, under the How To Begin threading early July there was a post titled Need Help. Three-ply to that had several links, one of which was the MWL 10-point Checklist. There are links at the bottom of that which lead to Chunky Gazpacho, Low-Cal Stew, Chinese Hot Salad, and Maximum Weight Loss Recipes. However, they just link to the Recipes section, not any specific MWL recipes. The first one that caught my eye was Creamy Pasta Primavera, which calls for 2 cups of walnuts! Even after 11 years of McDougalling, I still am not making recipes with 2 cups of walnuts!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby VeggieSue » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:40 am

Darndest thing just happened.

I replied to one post in a thread, and when it returned me to the thread after it posted I was logged out. I signed back in, replied to another post in the same thread, but it just returned me as normal, keeping me logged in.

Hopefully it was just a one-off glitch.
VeggieSue

Postby Lyndzie » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:52 pm

Is there a follow-up on getting the post response notifications? I really miss the feature!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby VeggieSue » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:22 am

Why did they insist on hiding things??

I wanted to send a link to the Acceptable Foods list and couldn't find it in any of the menus at the top of the main site page. I looked and looked and couldn't find a link on the Articles page, or anywhere else. I eventually found it by doing a search for a brand name I knew was on the list and found it, but I have no idea how it can be found! According to its url:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/fr ... ged-foods/
it should be on the Articles page in the Free McDougall Program but that doesn't exist on the Articles page, just off the main page. I gave up after 6 clicks off of the Free McDougall Program page when it still didn't appear.

I know the site now has a lot of pretty pictures and fancy formatting, but what good is it if you can't find anything?? Please ask the powers that be to return links to various pages to the dropdown menus at the top of the main page and any page that links to more pages.
VeggieSue

Postby Lyndzie » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:31 am

Lyndzie wrote:Is there a follow-up on getting the post response notifications? I really miss the feature!

I’m gong to be the squeaky wheel on this. Come on tech folks! Help me out!!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby VeggieSue » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:25 am

1) The search on the main page is still not working right. For instance, the other day I searched for "hypothyroid" and it said there were no results.

2) Log-in - This morning I came here and had to log in again. No biggie, because every time Windows or the browser does an update this happens. This time after I put my name and password in the board tells me I exceeded the maximum number of tries allowed, then had me do a silly puzzle (Move the food items to the good or bad columns). After I did that and again put my user name and password, then it logged me in.
VeggieSue

Postby JeffN » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:00 am

VeggieSue wrote:1) The search on the main page is still not working right. For instance, the other day I searched for "hypothyroid" and it said there were no results.

Results of a search of hypothyroid on the main page

https://www.drmcdougallforums.com/searc ... pothyroid+

In health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby VeggieSue » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:32 am

JeffN wrote:
VeggieSue wrote:1) The search on the main page is still not working right. For instance, the other day I searched for "hypothyroid" and it said there were no results.

Results of a search of hypothyroid on the main page

https://www.drmcdougallforums.com/searc ... pothyroid+

Off the main website page, not the forums:

https://www.drmcdougall.com/?s=hypothyroid

Today, I got results - the newsletter index link and a few Star McDougallers' pages. Better than the "no results" I got the other day. I still had to search the newsletter index separately to find the page I was looking for instead of it appearing in the original search results, but at least I got closer.
VeggieSue

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge