Covid vaccine

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Covid vaccine

Postby Alycia 123 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:56 am

Not sure if I should get the COVID-19 vaccine
Alycia 123

Re: Covid vaccine

Postby CindyD » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:22 am

Dr. McDougall recommends getting the vaccine. It will not only make you less likely to get the worst of the symptoms if you catch Covid, but you will be much less likely to be hospitalized or die from it. In addition, you will be helping to protect young people and immuno-compromised folks who are unable to get the vaccine themselves. Vaccines are a net good for yourself, and for society.

What reasons do you have for not getting the vaccine? There is a lot of misinformation out there, some out of ignorance, and some out of malice.
CindyD

Postby Health 1st » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:59 pm

Alycia 123 wrote:Not sure if I should get the COVID-19 vaccine

Alicia 123,

It is not a decision that should be taken lightly. Each circumstance is different; it's not a one size fits all situation. If you are hesitant, make sure you do plenty of research on both sides. Ultimately, no one can know for sure if having the vaccination will prevent getting covid, hospitalization, +/or death. Likewise, no one (including doctors) can give you an absolute guarantee that you will not have any negative consequences from receiving the shot(s). Hoping you will finally settle on what's best for your body/health + have peace about it.
Health 1st

Postby Alycia 123 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:28 pm

CindyD wrote:Dr. McDougall recommends getting the vaccine. It will not only make you less likely to get the worst of the symptoms if you catch Covid, but you will be much less likely to be hospitalized or die from it. In addition, you will be helping to protect young people and immuno-compromised folks who are unable to get the vaccine themselves. Vaccines are a net good for yourself, and for society.

What reasons do you have for not getting the vaccine? There is a lot of misinformation out there, some out of ignorance, and some out of malice.

People say that it reprograms your DNA.
Some people say you will die from the vaccine.
Some people talk about how vaccines have a lot of chemicals and toxins in them.
I think I will get my second dose of the vaccine
Alycia 123

Postby Alycia 123 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:29 pm

CindyD wrote:Dr. McDougall recommends getting the vaccine. It will not only make you less likely to get the worst of the symptoms if you catch Covid, but you will be much less likely to be hospitalized or die from it. In addition, you will be helping to protect young people and immuno-compromised folks who are unable to get the vaccine themselves. Vaccines are a net good for yourself, and for society.

I’m still very undecided ..
Some people are against vaccines in general because of the mercury etc.
Alycia 123

Postby Vegankit » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:01 pm

Alycia 123 wrote:People say that it reprograms your DNA.
Some people say you will die from the vaccine.
Some people talk about how vaccines have a lot of chemicals and toxins in them.
I think I will get my second dose of the vaccine

43.3% of the world population has received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
5.95 billion doses have been administered globally, and 29.05 million are now administered each day.
Only 1.9% of people in low-income countries have received at least one dose.

Quote from https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccin ... ountry=USA. Updated daily.

From same source..53.93% Americans are fully vaccinated and 9.04% are partially.

It does not reprogram your DNA, it helps your body develop immunity to COVID-19.

There have been an extremely small number of deaths or more serious side effects to vaccinations, including COVID-19 vaccines. However your risk of getting long Covid or dying from Covid-19 is far higher and much more scary.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... vents.html

When I read over the categories, I remember that these side effects are seen in other vaccinations and can occur without vaccinations as well. My daughter’s friend, healthy, aged 24 developed Guillain-Barré Syndrome 5 years ago after a very short common cold. My daughter had a bout of pericarditis 2 years ago for no known reason. Both recovered as do most people with these diagnoses.

If you are afraid of these extremely rare side effects, why aren’t you afraid of the damage to the body caused by Covid 19? You are far more likely to suffer long haulers or death from contracting Covid.

I know young people who were healthy who died from covid. I know two people in their 50s who are still on oxygen from a bout of Covid when it was first discovered. You may know people too?

I’d rather have the extremely tiny volume of preservatives in the vaccine compared to all the drugs they might need to pump into you if you get sick with COVID-19.

I am happy that you are thinking of getting your second dose. It helps protect people who can’t get vaccinated or can’t develop antibodies because of serious health issues as well as young children who aren’t able to get vaccinated yet.

You might also save our country money, at the end of the day someone has to pay for all those people who are so ill they need to be hospitalized, some for weeks or months…. In the end we’re all going to pay for that care.

Mostly let’s protect others from dying of Covid-19, sadly we’ve lost far too many people.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Postby QubitBob » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:04 pm

Hi Alycia,

I suggest you go to the COVID-19 vaccine Website of the CDC (link: https://tinyurl.com/prcx8k9t ) and do some background reading. All approved COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective, and free. Yes, you can have adverse reactions to the vaccine, but the percentage of the population which encounters these is tiny compared to the percentage of the population which has severe COVID-19 disease and/or death.

And, no, the vaccine does not reprogram your DNA. At the link I provided above are articles explaining how the various vaccines work. Here's a link to a YouTube video produced by the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health which explains how mRNA vaccines (like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines) work; this video specifically addresses your fear that the vaccines alter your DNA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4sUuFBEo2g .
QubitBob

Postby vegman » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:24 am

There is a well-organized disinformation campaign opposing Covid-19 vaccines and mask-wearing that has killed and injured many people, and is reaping substantial profits for some of the promoters who feed lies to their many gullible followers and spreaders. This is a disinformation epidemic.

The claims tend to be easily disproven, and are in some cases obviously insane, but that has not stopped them from gaining currency. No, Covid-19 vaccines do not inject people with microchips, they do not interact with 5G networks, they are not part of a global conspiracy to control population by killing people, they do not change your DNA, they cannot possibly cause Covid-19, they do not magnetize people, they do not cause infertility, they do not contain mercury, they only rarely cause serious side effects, etc.

I suggest finding credible sources of information that accurately present the benefits and risks, and explain why people should get vaccinated.
vegman

Postby Mayapples » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:44 am

Alycia 123 wrote:Some people are against vaccines in general because of the mercury etc.

The mercury-based preservative in vaccines is called thimerosal, and it's currently only used in certain flu vaccines. Here's the CDC fact sheet on thimerosal: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/conce ... index.html

It's never been used in any coronavirus vaccine. I hope that helps ease your mind.
Mayapples

Postby KillSwitch » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:33 pm

vegman wrote:There is a well-organized disinformation campaign opposing Covid-19 vaccines and mask-wearing that has killed and injured many people, and is reaping substantial profits for some of the promoters who feed lies to their many gullible followers and spreaders. This is a disinformation epidemic.

The claims tend to be easily disproven, and are in some cases obviously insane, but that has not stopped them from gaining currency. No, Covid-19 vaccines do not inject people with microchips, they do not interact with 5G networks, they are not part of a global conspiracy to control population by killing people, they do not change your DNA, they cannot possibly cause Covid-19, they do not magnetize people, they do not cause infertility, they do not contain mercury, they only rarely cause serious side effects, etc.

I suggest finding credible sources of information that accurately present the benefits and risks, and explain why people should get vaccinated.

I could not have said it better. I am fully vaccinated. IMO, the benefits of getting vaccinated far outweigh the risks of not getting vaccinated. Unless there is some compelling reason why your doctor thinks the vaccine is contraindicated in your particular case, people need to try and inoculate themselves as much as possible. I know two people personally who have died. Both were unvaccinated.
KillSwitch

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:10 pm

My husband and I recently got our boosters. No ill effects.

Just spoke to my sister today, and she told me about her refusnik next door neighbor. She's a woman in her late 40's living with a brother close to the same age, and their elderly father. Father fully vaccinated. Nobody else was. They had another brother visit, who gave them all Covid. All got sick and father in still in ICU. The refusnik still refuses to be vaccinated. Wait: it gets worse. She got really sick, and is now a little better, but still with symptoms. She's going to work. She owns the business and serves the public. They are in Nevada. Sparks/Reno area. Be very, very careful.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby RacingSnake108 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:35 am

Vanilla Orchid wrote:My husband and I recently got our boosters. No ill effects.

Just spoke to my sister today, and she told me about her refusnik next door neighbor. She's a woman in her late 40's living with a brother close to the same age, and their elderly father. Father fully vaccinated. Nobody else was. They had another brother visit, who gave them all Covid. All got sick and father in still in ICU. The refusnik still refuses to be vaccinated. Wait: it gets worse. She got really sick, and is now a little better, but still with symptoms. She's going to work. She owns the business and serves the public. They are in Nevada. Sparks/Reno area. Be very, very careful.

I'm not trying to stir anything here, but if the vaccine was so great, how come the vaccinated father got sick and had to attend ICU?
RacingSnake108

Postby windmill » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:49 am

I'm not trying to stir anything here, but if the vaccine was so great, how come the vaccinated father got sick and had to attend ICU?

Because there is a difference between active, passive and therapeutic immunity. For other diseases we benefit from long experience such as great milestones in science and better living conditions over several years. CoVid is a "new information" for our bodies. And currently, according to my information, no one gets immune just because he/she is vaccinated. So there's still a chance to get infected, unfortunately. (Current status in my country: they recommend to boost every 6 months.)
windmill

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:17 am

If I decide to get the booster, I'm going to insist that they aspirate the needle. Vaccine injuries seem to be taking place in people where the needle somehow hit a vein. Yes, there are veins inside the muscle of the upper arm. If they aspirate and see blood, they can move the needle. If they don't see blood, they can plunge.

But I might not get the booster. I've never gotten a flu shot... ??? ... it's a tough one. I don't WANT to get Covid. The two times I've had flu it's been mild, but Covid might not treat me so kindly. OTOH, I've got a strong immune system and might not have a bad case of it. OTOH, one gal I know who got Covid and ended up in ICU on a ventilator :eek: when she started getting well, she told me adamantly Get the vaccine! Which I did. But there's a rare possibility of vaccine injury and if you're one of the few who DO have adverse reactions, it doesn't matter how rare it is. Vaccine injuries make you REALLY sick. Heart and neurological problems...well, it's hard to know, innit.

Aspirate, to make sure that it's not going into your bloodstream, eh?
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Red Onion » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:31 pm

I am not vaccinated, and will not be. I had symptomatic C-19 and now have natural immunity, thankfully. I've read a lot of papers, reviewed data summaries, etc and it is clear that acquired immunity is nearly always robust and long lasting. Far more so than the "vaccines." So recommendations from the CDC etc. for injecting recovered individuals seem to be motivated by something other than "The Science". By the way, although I'm 75, Covid was, for me, pretty much a long lasting cold. I was fortunate to have found some pretty good info from a doctor who pioneered early treatment for Covid. I had been taking his prophylactic regimen for several weeks, and when my nose started running & I completely lost all taste & smell, I upped dosages, added a few more things. Was fine, no fever body aches, even walked my dog our usual 3x per day. I used what is now called the Zelenco Protocol. Quercetin, zinc, vitamins D & C, plus when sick, Pepsid and aspirin. Mucus Relief DM for the thick mucus, which was the most unpleasant symptom. Frankly, the vaccines don't work well, and a new study showed their effect starting to wane about 2 months post " vaccination." Everybody is likely to contract Covid eventually, vaccinated or not. And the mitigation of severity wanes, too, as witnessed by data from England, Israel, and elsewhere. Bottom line, if you have not had Covid, prepare ahead of time. There are some really effective treatments, but you must start them as early as possible. What I took was all OTC (Amazon, in fact) Stuff like Ivermectin, hydroxycloroquine, monoclonal antibodies, inhalable steroids... All help a lot to keep folks out of the hospital. But it is likely your PCP will be unwilling or unable to get you these, especially not in time. We MUST be proactive, just like we have been with our WFPB diets. Our lives depend on it.
Red Onion

Next

Return to The Lounge