Covid vaccine

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Covid vacine

Postby dynodan60 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:46 pm

AMERICA….‘Land of The Free’!
Something Typhoid Mary (and the people she continued to infect) could confirm.
Hopefully, those that spread misinformation (and are naive enough to get their news/data mostly from internet blogs) will follow their own wrongheaded advice. By the time this pandemic has finally run it’s course, the gene pool will likely be much improved.
dynodan60

Re: Covid vaccine

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:47 pm

Vaccinated and have signed up for the booster. Saddened that misinformation has been more prominently proliferated than scientific studies - which I am guessing will result in many more variants to come .... (along with lockdowns, etc.) - since we won't get to % of people vaccinated to eliminate this pandemic.
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Postby Red Onion » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:37 pm

Misinformation is all most Americans have when it comes to Covid. I was taught by.Dr. McDougall that we are constantly being fed misinformation about diet. . by our own government agencies, which have practically become wholly owned subsidiaries of the meat, dairy, and processed food industries. Same with medicine. The medical establishment does a lot of good, but more and more we have to look very carefully at its recommendations, because they tend to help our health far less than the bottom line of big pharmaceutical companies. I am so grateful for how he taught us to be careful, to look at the actual data before following blindly.

Why would things be any different now with Covid? Pfizer, Moderna & J&J are reportedly raking in upwards of $900 million... a day... On these vaccines. The FDA and all the other agencies cannot be trusted on vaccines any more than they have been on other questionable advice Dr. M has warned us about in the past. And most of the media is no better, dependent on pharma ads for revenue. A lot of "misinformation" is just anything that goes against the big pharma narrative. We have been lied to, over and over, from the beginning of this pandemic, by the very agencies and health institutions we should be able to rely on.

The virus is real, but the vaccines are a disaster. They may make sense for the elderly with comorbidities. But there are emerging signals that they may be a "cure worse than the disease" for most younger folks and especially children.

This link is based on readily available public information from England's public health service. It is pretty shocking to anyone who hasn't been following the uncensored science. https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/vaccinated-english-adults-under-60?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjozMjAwMTA5NywicG9zdF9pZCI6NDQzMzc2NTQsIl8iOiJPYmg2SiIsImlhdCI6MTYzNzQyMDg0OCwiZXhwIjoxNjM3NDI0NDQ4LCJpc3MiOiJwdWItMzYzMDgwIiwic3ViIjoicG9zdC1yZWFjdGlvbiJ9.MQpVCP3pNVWoylj6Q8joHj_B7lUCe9hC1F4hEeWF-ks
Red Onion

Postby dynodan60 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:02 pm

I would be interested in data comparing the death rates of the ‘unvaccinated’ to those fully ‘vaccinated’ (from the same age/health status groups) who followed the prep recommendations (to enhance antibody production), and also continued to adhere to masking/social distancing guidelines. While immunity wanes with time, apparently, the false sense of ‘invulnerability’ lags.
dynodan60

Postby windmill » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:28 am

Do you mean something like :arrow: that? You can change the age group there ...
windmill

Postby schnyd » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:42 pm

McDougall lost me when he made his ludicrous video about how to protect yourself from Covid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALwuVx-U6bg. I respected and appreciated what he taught me about being conservative in medicine and staying away from hysteria and being over tested (colonoscopies', mammograms', etc.). It seems to me he has lost his way.

In regards to the vaccine, how is it that the pharma industry was able to create and fully test a safe vaccine in just a year???? Not possible.

https://openvaers.com/
https://www.bitchute.com/video/hm6By1rnwJyO/
schnyd

Postby Dougalling2 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:20 pm

how is it that the pharma industry was able to create and fully test a safe vaccine in just a year????

The flu changes every year. New vaccines are produced for the most common flu viruses going around. Flu vaccines are produced and tested within months. This can be done because we know how vaccines work.
Dougalling2

Postby MINNIE » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:27 pm

People will believe whatever they want.
But - I'm happily Covid-19 vaccinated with two doses plus the booster.

In the past I've also been vaccinated for shingles, pneumonia, flu, polio etc....gratitude forever for the scientists, doctors and public health advocates who have made this possible.
MINNIE

Postby KillSwitch » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:24 pm

MINNIE wrote:People will believe whatever they want.
But - I'm happily Covid-19 vaccinated with two doses plus the booster.

In the past I've also been vaccinated for shingles, pneumonia, flu, polio etc....gratitude forever for the scientists, doctors and public health advocates who have made this possible.

Ditto! I am also fully vaccinated and have received the booster. As long as we have the COVID deniers and anti-vaxxers, covid will be the new norm sadly. 2 years of this crap with no end in sight! Ugh--
KillSwitch

Postby patty » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:26 pm

I am totally anit-medical.. but I quit work being a home health aide, when the pandemic began and got fully vaccinated with booster. The reason I quit work it because it is airborne. Being a caregiver the consequences were too great not only for myself but for those who I took care of.

My grandson and wife with her family flew in from California just before Christmas. I didn't intend to see them because the Covid numbers are up like everywhere, even though everyone was fully vaccinated with boosters, except a ten year old who just had the two shots. Against my intentions my path our paths crossed. I saw my grandson and his wife for about 20 minutes. Two days later I had stomach cramps, diarrhea and symptoms of a UTI. It turned out my grandson's wife tested positive. She was asymptomatic. 2 out 3 grandchildren plus my son and wife tested positive.Their symptoms were coughing and headaches. And this is just our immediate family.

I didn't get tested out of inconvenience and I am in isolation. When I had the first Covid shot I had a UTI after... so I think what I had was connected to Covid. And in being starch based and high fiber helped wipe it out. When experiencing a UTI, i am able to drink a cup of cranberry juice that wipes it out. Not to make lite of UTI's they can be life threatening.. as like any fever/infection you can die from it. As Dr. McDougall shares doctors are good at setting bones, lacerations and burns.. infections can have a point of no return like in treating pneumonia.

patty
patty

Re: Covid vacine

Postby Ron1943 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:41 pm

dynodan60 wrote:AMERICA….‘Land of The Free’!
Something Typhoid Mary (and the people she continued to infect) could confirm.
Hopefully, those that spread misinformation (and are naive enough to get their news/data mostly from internet blogs) will follow their own wrongheaded advice. By the time this pandemic has finally run it’s course, the gene pool will likely be much improved.

Love it! :)
Ron1943

Postby haze5736 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:06 pm

I'm a little surprised by the trust placed in the vaccines given the complete distrust I see, on this board, of big money interests in food and diet guidelines.

I suppose on the one hand, vaccine has been the only option presented to the US population as a possibility of getting us out of the pandemic.

I would highly recommend people read the book by Robert F Kennedy Jr. about the criminal activity (corruption, fraud, lying, study tampering) of Fauci and the big pharma interests in the rollout of this vaccine along with others in Fauci's 40 year history, going all the way back to the AIDS crisis. The mainstream media and social media platforms have done everything they can to defame Kennedy's character but have yet to point out any inaccuracies in his reporting. He has made it very clear that if someone finds an inaccuracy he will provide an update or retraction or whatever it takes to make the correction.

You may also want to check out this site to understand early treatment options instead of waiting to get sick enough to end up in a hospital in the unfortunate event you do get sick.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/about/

Follow the data. In the countries where the cases and death rate have gone down, what do they have in common? Look at Japan's recent decline in cases and death. What did they do just prior to the drop? All of the countries that are doing a lot better than the US have all employed early treatment strategies. And not by using a new, expensive, blockbuster drug that was rushed to market.

If the vaccines are so effective and the studies so convincing, why are dissenters not debated on the facts? They are censored out of the public discourse.
haze5736

Postby openmind » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:14 am

I took the COVID vaccine, not because I was personally fearful for myself but because:

1) It is the right thing to do to protect the community

and

2) Who are we kidding? If you want to have maximum flexibility to live your life, travel where you want to, visit who you want to, go on planes, cruises, business trip at some point, vaccination is going to be necessary, unless/until the pandemic is declared to be over.

Basically, resistance is futile for most of us, unless we want to miss out on the best that life has to offer.
openmind

Postby f1jim » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:37 am

The language is changing regarding the public message about vaccines and boosters.
Full disclosure...I am double vaccinated and getting a booster tomorrow. I know as much as the next person about effectiveness and immunity but I did notice the public messages supporting vaccinations and boosters no longer are telling us that will keep us from getting this disease. The message is if we get Covid it will be much lessened in strength and duration.
My gut feeling is having the vaccines AND getting Covid provides the best long term protection for any variants that may follow.
I have no basis in studies or data to back that up, it's only my intuitive sense that tells me this.
It just seems the virus is mutating very fast but if we have some antibodies already in play that is probably helpful.
Old codgers like me probably need every bit of help we can get.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Lyndzie » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:56 pm

Just to add my voice to the crowd: I am fully vaxxed and boosted, and my eligible children are vaxxed as well.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge