Gates wants Western Society meatless in a few years?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Gates wants Western Society meatless in a few years?

Postby darad » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:05 pm

Is this true, that Bill Gates wants the Western Society to be completely meatless in a few years? :mrgreen:
https://youtu.be/VyyYSVBeh3M?t=121

Of course, this does not mean plant-based, but rather vegan/vegetarian which allows all sorts of less desirable foods e.g. oil, dairy, eggs, cheese, yogurt, and highly-processed foods resulting in high BMI.
darad

Re: Gates wants Western Society meatless in a few years?

Postby michaelswarm » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:18 pm

Yes, because he invested in fake meat.
Man doesn't have wisdom to chose healthy food when it is right in front of him.
What chance does he have to design healthy food from the ground up?

What proof that Gate's synthetic food is safe?
Lots of work to make it edible.
But what long term study that it doesn't contribute to heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc?
That study would take 100 years to do.
Bet Gates does not wait that long.

See Jeff Novick
Beyond Meat or Beyond Health: A Step In The Wrong Direction
https://www.drmcdougallforums.com/viewt ... =fake+meat

Seen photos of Gates? He looks heavy and pale.
Last I heard, most fast food chains canceled their trials of fake meats, due to lack of customer acceptance.

Why not just eat grains, pules and potatoes, the way our ancestors did?
Plenty of evidence that this is safe and effective.
michaelswarm

Postby DynoDan » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:54 pm

Go figure. Even the most educated have trouble resisting the alluring hucksterism that pervades all media. It generates cravings that inevitably infect even those who have overcome life-threatening issues. Much like with nicotine, previous addicts are always in danger of ‘falling off the wagon’. Once the lungs are cleared/heathy, or the arteries cleaned out, the temptation is even stronger.
Phony meat (in the end) is much like ‘filtered cigarettes’ (or vaping). You eventually crave the ‘real thing’!
DynoDan

Postby Taggart » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:15 am

darad wrote:Is this true, that Bill Gates wants the Western Society to be completely meatless in a few years? :mrgreen:
https://youtu.be/VyyYSVBeh3M?t=121

Of course, this does not mean plant-based, but rather vegan/vegetarian which allows all sorts of less desirable foods e.g. oil, dairy, eggs, cheese, yogurt, and highly-processed foods resulting in high BMI.

Well first of all I don't listen to celebrities.

I'm "not" vegetarian/vegan but it depends. I highly doubt that foods like skim milk or non-fat unsweetened yogurt are going to result in a high BMI. I checked Barbara Rolls Volumetrics and both are very low in calorie density. If these items did lead to an increase in BMI the last place I would think would offer them to their guests is Pritikin in Florida. Never been there, but I still read the newsletters and watch their youtube videos and keep up to date as to what's allowed and what's not. That doesn't mean I eat everything they recommend. Like them, I'm mainly plant focused.
Taggart

Return to The Lounge