July 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: July 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby BSimmy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:57 pm

I would like to join the July weigh in group. I am excited about this challenge and learning from everyone. My goal is to lose 100lbs in a year starting July 1st. I have been using this method for about three weeks with a 14 lbs loss and lots of optimism! The food is great and I just got my cookbook in the mail and I'm ready to go! :-D
BSimmy

Postby Meriellen » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:59 pm

Hi! I'd like to join the MWL group for July. I'm rather confused by how to post and maneuver my way around the site. I'm looking forward to losing 10-15 pounds. I change habits for a few days and then go back to my old ways. I'm hoping to change them permanently!!!
Meriellen

Postby TeriGG » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:00 pm

I would like to join the MWL Weigh-In Group for July 2020. I've had all the books, and have eaten the McDougall way for periods of time, but never fully and never really committed. I am ready to now, though, and am looking forward to being part of this community!
TeriGG

Postby Donaldb » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:04 pm

Please count me in for the July 2020 weigh in.
Donaldb

Postby JoBarb » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:21 pm

Hi I'm happy to be here. Just found out about McDougall's Diet, and happy to find a low stress way to lose weight!!
JoBarb

Postby vegyluvver » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:59 pm

TeriGG wrote:I would like to join the MWL Weigh-In Group for July 2020. I've had all the books, and have eaten the McDougall way for periods of time, but never fully and never really committed. I am ready to now, though, and am looking forward to being part of this community!

Same here. I'm ready.
Val in SoCal
Focusing on the food, not the number on the scale.
vegyluvver

Postby laura_delao » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:36 pm

I want to join the July group. I'm a bit confused though, is it a 10 day program? July only? Or until desired weight is achieved?
laura_delao

Postby Growing a Pear » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:52 pm

Hi. I'd like to join in for July. I know what I should be doing but can use the external accountability to become more consistent.

There are so many new faces here it's practically a party. :) Lots of work ahead for you, Mark, Jeff, and goose. Thank you for organizing us all!
I just want to emphasize: It is the QUALITY of the food, not the QUANTITY. You are guaranteed success when following a starch-based and a simple diet. Monotony can be a key helper. ~Dr. John McDougall
Growing a Pear

Postby gigieve » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:14 pm

Hello!

I'm ready to drop some weight and need some help. I've been a vegan for quite some time but I'm sure my diet needs some adjusting :)

Happy to be here!
Gigi
gigieve

Postby hollyhock » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:19 pm

Hello, I need help at this point, otherwise I will never be able to fully McDougal max Weightloss. Peace
hollyhock

Postby HealthyJ1 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:08 am

Greetings,

My name is Jennifer and this group is what I need in my life right now. My intentions are to be consistent and accountable. It's also nice to know that I am not alone.

Looking forward to progress.

Thank you.

Peace and blessings to all.
HealthyJ1

Postby PonysPlants » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:39 am

Hello,

Hope everyone’s as excited as I am to get started! Can I ask a quick question? I normally have a fruit tea on an evening sweetened with erythritol as my treat at the end of the day. Can I still use the erythritol? Thanks!
PonysPlants

Postby LesleyMills » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:12 am

Hello Everyone,
My name is Lesley and I live in Melbourne Australia. I'll try and find a reasonably recent photo but I'm a 58 year old woman who migrated from London to Australia 30 years ago. My children have grown up and left home and if it weren't for the virus I'd be working full time.
I've been vegetarian over 30 years and vegan for 3 years and whilst I have The Starch Solution and The McDougall Quick And Easy Cookbook, I'm finding it hard to stick to the regimen. I not only haven't lost any weight I've actually put on a few pounds of late as I eat when I'm bored and with no work and no gym to go etc, I'm struggling.
When I saw this group I thought I'd sign up in the hope that having a group to be honest with might help me on this journey. Getting on those scales on Friday is a worry but I think it's time I took this seriously.
Regards, Lesley
LesleyMills

Postby Nikisabs » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:20 am

Hi Everyone,
I’m so happy to be a part of this group! I’ve been wfpb for three years now, and I have lost 20 pounds. It has been easy some days and difficult others. I’ve watched myself fall into the Pleasure Trap Of vegan junk and have been frustrated with myself and this tough environment we live in. If I’m home, all is well. If I’m out in the social world, I often struggle. I have reached a plateau, and I could stay here...but I know I’m just not where I need to be yet. I came across Esther Loveridge and her amazing story, and I feel so inspired! I took a hard look at the guidelines and realized that rich plant food (nuts, seeds, avocado) and refined grains/flours are my last areas to avoid.
Thank you for letting me join! I look forward to the discussions and journey!
Nikisabs

Postby Cathmc » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:43 am

Hi there.

I haven´t been around for a good while but would love to join in please
Cathmc

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program