Mary Mini and Easter

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby prairiedream » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:19 am

Day 2 (Tuesday):

B - Hash browns
green beans/peas

L - salad with lemon juice
3 baked potatoes

Snack - salad

D - 3 baked potatoes
salad with lemon juice
green beans/peas

Exercise: Walk 1 hour

I haven't lost any weight yet. :cry: I know it's only day 2, though. My husband is also doing the diet. He's eating a lot of mashed potatoes. I think maybe I'm still eating too much. I'm still counting calories, though, and staying under 2000 calories a day (just under)
prairiedream

Postby havfaith » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:33 pm

Haven't been totally sticking to things the last few days, but I'm still trying. :-D

B - potato
L - potato w/veggie chili
D - baked fries, veggies

I've been walking with my dogs every day after work for about an hour for the past week and a half. After the first couple days, the boys won't let me skip! :D Best workout buddies ever! Who can say no to two adorable faces?

Oh, and I was questioned at work as to why the lead in my dept never sees me visiting her candy bowl like everyone else does... :-D
http://stashingless.blogspot.com/
http://delusionsofdomesticity.blogspot.com/
havfaith

Postby Sunny » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:33 am

Yesterdays menu:

B- potatoes O'brien

L- baked potato w/beans

D- Salad w/veggies and potato wedges

Snack- oranges / carrots

Drink- water

I have been doing the P90X exercise DVD's for my daily workout :-D
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby prairiedream » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:52 am

:cry: :cry: I've gained a pound!!!

B - baked potatoes

L - salad
baked potatoes
bowl of green beans/peas

D - baked potatoes
salad
veggies

Snack - carrot

I must be doing something wrong...
prairiedream

Have You moved your bowels?

Postby Losing Linda » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:58 am

Sorry for being so bold :oops: but I gain some when I haven't gone and potatoes slow me down some and then are you getting too much salt. And then I found my scale was off 7 lbs to boot so blame it on the weather, hight humitiy or pressure or anything because its a pound and keep on going sweetie you will make your goal one step at a time.
Losing Linda
Losing Linda

Hello Everyone!

Postby jmgoforth » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:59 pm

I was in an all day seminar yesterday on School Safety and stopping bullying.

Breakfast Hash Browns

Lunch- salad green beans and potaoe ( at a bufett).

Super- Green beans, mashed potaoe

Snack-Baked potatoe

Today-

Breakfast-Hash Browns

Lunch- 1/2 brown rice and 1/2 beans.

Tonight- supper at church-

Baked potatoe and veggies

Snack- potatoe

I gained a few pounds over the week-end. Almost back to where I started.

After Church I will bike 40 minutes on sationary bike.
Phi 4:[13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
jmgoforth

Postby Sunny » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:52 am

What I ate yesterday:

B- mashed potatoes w/ corn

L- hash browns w/ hot sauce

D- baked potato w/ beans / salad

Snack- carrots / banana

Drink- water

Have a good day all ~~~
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby prairiedream » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:57 am

I give up! I can't do it anymore! I actually feel sick to my stomach eating this way. I don't think I'm getting enough fiber. My gut feels like it's not moving anything through it. My husband and I are both doing this mini-diet with potatoes and both of us feel like we need a lot more fiber than we're getting. One really good thing about it, though -- I broke my addiction to bottled salad dressing! I'm now just using lemon juice or orange juice and balsamic vinegar on my salads. Hooray!

I am eating vegetables but I feel like I need oatmeal or wheat bran or something, so today we're both ending the diet on day 5. I'm just going to try to control my portions more carefully. I feel bad that I didn't go through with it, but with my hypothyroidism I find that I'm very sensitive to getting constipated right away if I don't eat enough fiber. Good luck to everyone else who is continuing!
prairiedream

The purpose is to feel better!

Postby jmgoforth » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:28 pm

Why are people the way they are? I had some ladies lie about me and could have gotten me fired. It was bad enough to eat over and over but I reframed. Thank God those above me believed me. The crazy thing is when this was to have happened my wife was with me. I mean I have been married to the same woman for 41 years. My CO was very understanding. But it just hurt because my wife and I try to really help the ladies. I really had to sit down and forgive them because I could have lost my job not to mention my reputation as a Chaplain. I truely believe what upset them is I woke them up at 11 AM.

Breakfast- Hashbrowns

Lunch- potato and onoins green beans

Supper- beans and rice

Snack-Mashed potato

Exercise 45 Minutes on Satationary Bike.

Signing off from a very stressful day, Mike
Phi 4:[13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
jmgoforth

Easy to gain hard to lose!

Postby jmgoforth » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:05 am

size=18]It was easy to gain with the kids last week-end but it hard to get back to where I was before the week-end.
It is NOT fair but life is not fair.

Yesterday-
Breakfast
Coffee- Once a month- if that- treat.
2 egg whites- My wife had to be at the hospital for tests and only had time for two egg whites.

Lunch-
Mashed potatoes
Corn
raw broccocli and carrots

Supper
Beans
Salad

Went to bed really early-10 PM because we got up so early for my wifes mammogram. Always a stressful time because she had breast cancer 5 years ago. Cancer Free for 5 years. Praise the Lord.

Therefore I didn't exercise.

I go to my doctor Wed. for my yearly physical. Always saying I need blood pressure medicine and high blood pressure medicine. I keep trying not to go on their meds. Needless to say she gets mad at me.
[/size]
jmgoforth

Postby ReneeK » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:38 am

I'm back after a weekend with "the fam." It was a fun albeit too short weekend and not very McD friendly. Since I hadn't been home to visit since Christmas, I'm not too upset about falling off plan. And now that the homemade cinnamon rolls and plethora of girl scout cookies are gone or given away, there will be no more temptations in my house. One last obstacle is my book club meeting tonight. At the restaurant where we are meeting, it will be difficult to pass up their delicious gyros.

B: oatmeal masa porridge (from Q&E cookbook); banana

L: mashed potatoes; chili beans

S: 2 clementine tangerines

D: dining out

Chaplain Mike...I'm glad to hear your wife has been cancer-free all these years. Best wishes when you go to the doctor coming up. With all the hard work you have been giving towards a healthier lifestyle, I hope you are able to stay off those blood pressure meds.
ReneeK

Chaplain

Postby Losing Linda » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:41 am

These women are so painful but I think you are great for your work your doing and don't deserve lies and having your wife with you is very smart. Hang in there and praying you can stay the course.
Losing Linda
Losing Linda

Throwing out the scales

Postby Losing Linda » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:59 am

This is driving me crazy :x because every time I get on my new scale it is different weight so I called the company and they said that it can vary 2 lbs and so not to weigh your self so often. Here we are worried over losing one to two pounds and the scale can vary by how you stand on it! So this is my plan to just keep on doing what I am doing and when my clothes get bigger buy new ones and forget about each pound that comes off. When people say wow you look thinner then that will be my scale and any way if this doesn't work ( the diet) then I will be a healthy fat person, :D
Losing Linda
Losing Linda

Postby ReneeK » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:09 pm

I guess I missed some posts...
Prairiedream, I'm sorry to hear that Mary's Mini isn't working for you. I wish you the best as you continue with the regular McD plan.
Chaplain Mike, I'm very sorry to hear that those girls were so malicious. I'm sure it put you in a difficult situation and I'm glad you have such a supportive wife.
Losing Linda, I weigh-in regularly but always take the scale reading with a grain of salt. I've noticed it really does matter what I'm wearing, how I'm standing, time of day, even the state of my bladder, etc. I have my scale in the bathroom, which is so tiny I have to push it against the wall to shut the door. I've noticed that the reading could be different depending on where I place the scale on the floor!

B: intended Kashi Autumn Wheat with ff soymilk, but just had a cup of coffee with soy creamer instead.

L: instant mashed potatoes with steamed green beans

S: apple and 1 newman's peppermint patty

D: church dinner - they're having "subway" style sandwiches tonight...lots of veggies piled high on a wheat roll for me. I've successfully been able to avoid the dessert line, so that's a big plus.
ReneeK

Not my best day-

Postby jmgoforth » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:26 am

Yesterday I went to my doctor and she had bad news. I had an irruglar heart beat. So they put me on a bata blocker and a blood thinner. I go to have an echo gram next week. Not what I wanted to hear. She has been concerned with my blood pressure the past several years. She said it was time to do something. So I will know more next week. God and His Word has not chaged. So I believe, " with God althings are possible."

I'm up to 60 minutes on my sationary bike per day.
I will continue the Mini Mary Diet until Easter.
I will continue my Dr McDougall eating.
I have lost weight and will continue losing.

Yesterday and Today- Hash Browns

Lunch Veggies and Beans- Today Baked Potato and Veggies-

Supper Mexican Restraunt. Final Exam in my Spanish class. I had to order my meal and my wifes meal in Spanish. Could not just order Numbero uno. Had to speak most of the meal in Spanish. But there was still lots of English for the non class members.
Over all it was an Entertaining evening!

Tonight I eat at church-Baked potaoe and veggies.

Chaplain Mike
jmgoforth

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program