February 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: February 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby anne57 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:13 am

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby Idgie » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:37 am

Happy Friday, everyone!

I lost a pound this week. Would've been more, but I ate a big (compliant) pizza last night. No regrets! :)

Oh, and I am SO proud of myself -- yesterday was a dessert potluck at work and I didn't even go in the potluck room except to heat up my brown rice. I ate ZERO treats, and when people were passing out Valentine's candy to each other, I refused every offer. Go me!
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby Merwoman » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:51 am

Hi All,
I haven't been posting due to a family emergency. I had to travel to my family member's home in Europe, where they have no scale. But, I'm back!

I cannot remember what my last posting weight was...
Today's weight:165.4#

Amy, can you please look back and see what my starting weight was and my last posted weight. I tried to, but I was unsuccessful. I access this thread on my phone and it's very awkward. Thank you!
Merwoman

Postby Linda Dorrill » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:45 am

Down 1 pound to 173. Was able to resist all Valentine's candy, cakes, and cookies! Hooray! And dear hubby brought flowers. :D

Linda
Linda Dorrill

Postby anne57 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:15 am

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby Rosey » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:35 pm

This week I have been bouncing around a lot and I've noticed I haven't drank as much water this week. Starting to wonder if that is my connection to my swelling. 268.8 lbs last 2 weeks this week 276.1 lbs for 7.3 lb gain. when I was at 263 in middle of the week. Wish I'd quit bouncing but at least I have the pain levels under control.
Rosey

Postby anne57 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:16 pm

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby laurag » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:09 pm

0 this week but i didnt gain my weight is holding steady under 160 instead of getting right back up there. I am very focused on whole foods no processed so im doing pretty good and I really think Im starting to make some real changes. Thanks everyone for doing the group I love being here :D
laurag

Postby sirdle » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:24 pm

Michele613 wrote:I am 'shocked'. I was anticipated 2-3 lb loss. Not only did I have a perfect week re eating choices but I also got a couple days of walking in as well. However, there were a few days that I only ate 1 time per day because I was not hungry and then I only ate a plate of oven fried potatoes.

That's huge progress! 8)

Don't worry about your weight, it will drop as long as you stick with your good eating choices and keep walking! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Merwoman wrote:Hi All,
I haven't been posting due to a family emergency. I had to travel to my family member's home in Europe, where they have no scale. But, I'm back!

I cannot remember what my last posting weight was...
Today's weight:165.4#

Amy, can you please look back and see what my starting weight was and my last posted weight. I tried to, but I was unsuccessful. I access this thread on my phone and it's very awkward. Thank you!

I think this is your last weigh in, at 170.6. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=59073&p=595736#p595736

Well done on losing while traveling and dealing with stressful events!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby anelson108 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Weigh-in today: 198.4
Last week: 199.4 (two weeks ago)
Results: 1 pound loss
Total loss (since joining MWL): 6.2
Goal weight: 150 pounds (5' 6" height)
NOTE: I attended a conference and ate some off-program foods.
anelson108

Postby amandamechele » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:58 pm

Linda - Yum! Roasted brussels sound divine. I’m so happy for your Valentine’s Day success. You’ve got a keeper! What kind of flowers did you receive?

LauraG - Yep, Skyscraper is correct. Too bad it’s so darn delicious though...LOL. I hope you had a lovely and calm Valentines Day too!

Lindsey - Did you celebrate Valentine’s Day? We went out tonight...to the Keg and I had a baked potato and veggies. It’s kind of what we do most Fridays but this week we called it a Valentine’s Day celebration...LOL.

Sirdle - Perfect Valentine’s Day meal! Perfect everyday meal...LOL. Great loss this week. :)

Chris - Congratulations on your progress. It’s so nice when people begin to notice, very motivating. Enjoy your visit with your daughter, that will be so fun! I’m so glad to hear that this is becoming a lifestyle for you. :)

Jaap Thank you for checking in. Best wishes this week. (Also, I’ve been shortening your username, if it is something that you would prefer I didn’t do, please let me know - my mind reads it as a first and last name).

Michele - I understand how you feel, when we feel we’ve done a truly spectacular job at something we expect a commensurate outcome. Sometimes these things take a few weeks to even out, so try to keep it up. Some of the reasons you have mentioned could play a role... intestinal bulk, different hydration/salt intake pattern. I foresee a commensurate outcome in your future! (You have a great attitude about this)

Landog - Steady as she goes!

Dpascar - Woah, that’s fantastic progress; because we don’t track individual progress over time, I don’t always realize how well members are doing. You’ve done great both on your own and since you’ve been weighing in here. Congratulations!

Cena It’s coming off! Best wishes this week.

Anne - Eeek... I would have panicked too. That is really funny, I hope you have pictures. Hopefully the struggle isn’t too great. Just keep up the effort, whether its in thought or action. That way you won’t lose ground while working towards the next big burst of motivation.

Idgie - Nice loss! I’m making vegan pizza for the kids tomorrow night. What do you like on your pizza? When I eat it I like mushrooms, green peppers, onions, garlic and pineapple. My older kids will eat this, but my younger two basically get just garlic and very thinly sliced onions, they are so picky.

Merwoman - I can definitely do that for you. I hope your family’s troubling time is settling or solved, and that you are feeling okay. XO. I’m glad to see you back.

Rosey - Hugs! You are very positive, and I’m glad to hear that you’re not in too much pain.

LauraG - Hi again! That’s fantastic to hear. You are doing more than pretty good and I’m thankful that you are here too, contributing to your own health and to all of our health as a group! It takes a village!

Lindsey - Thanks for finding that info, I appreciate it. Merwoman has done great while travelling.

anelson108 - Solid loss and good reflecting. Conferences can be tough, all of the slight social pressure and tempting foods. I’m sure you made just as many great choices. Best wishes this week.

From BBC this week in pictures, roses from Kenya ready for North American Valentines Day sales:
(I just love the bright colours, especially after all of the cold and snow in my area... can’t you practically smell them?)
amandamechele

Postby Ellen N » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:34 am

I weigh 162#, no gain or loss this week.
Ellen N

Postby fiftysix » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:42 am

gained 1.5 lbs this week.
fiftysix

Postby moonlight » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:05 am

No gains this week!! Holding steady at 171. That's a real Woot! Woot! for me. I had a few difficult days this week.
I'm so inspired by everyone's energy and success. I hope you all have a great week. :)
moonlight

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program