Eating out

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:50 am

Watch your son closely. I did that Herbalife diet and wow, all the darn pills really made me sick to my stomach. What a waste of $200.

I live in a basement, and do all my cooking there but I am allowed to cook, so I kind of understand the situation.

You have to be careful where you eat, and what you order. Since you are so limited on what you can eat at home, it will get tiring soon. I'd probably be doing fruit and maybe whole sprouted grain or mana bread, and buying salads and baked taters. Those taters probably can stay a day outside the fridge too if you don't have one. One thing that is good, just open and eat, veggie baked beans.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby slugmom » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:15 pm

Is it possible to find a place to live that allows you to cook? I would think you'd save money in the long run by being able to cook your own food!

Do you have a fridge? Is it possible to cook a bunch of rice, potatoes, etc at a friend's place?

Other than those thoughts, I think you've gotten some good advice on restaurant foods, so I don't have anything more to add ...
- Kim

slugmom

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program