Is ezekiel bread MWL?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby boardn10 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Faith in DC wrote:yes, you have no need for maximum weight loss. That changes things totally. You can eat whole grain breads, pastas etc.

Thanks Faith, I thought the same thing. However, in talking with Jeff Novick...he feels this is also the fastest path to improving immunity so I was going to give it a go. No bread or cereal is tough!!!!

What about almond milk?
boardn10

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:19 am

ahhhh I must have missed that part. I would say no to almond milk. MWL is basically a whole foods diet, and so is Jeff's. There isn't much packaged that passes his test.

I haven't read the book for a while, so if I'm wrong someone correct me.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby boardn10 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:05 pm

What book? Does Jeff have a book? Almond and soy or Rice milk are fine in Dr. McDougall's book. Right now I use puffed cereals with almond milk for snacks at night because I need extra calories! I guess I could stick to hot oatmeal, amaranth and buckwheat for cereals.
boardn10

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:52 am

I'm sorry I think we are confusing eachother.

I thought you wanted to stay on MWL because you were following Jeff's suggestions. He has his on board subject here. He doesn't have a book but does have a website, and videos. I've seen him many times plus own videos.

If you are on the regular Mcdougall then usually they are fine if you check the label.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program