mary's mini with potatoes-anyone doing it?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby MaryW » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:53 pm

All right, all you Mini-ers! I've been planning to join in on the challenge all week. But all of my potatoes are wrinkled and sprouted (ick!). And every time I go to the grocery store, it's like a giant vacuum cleaner has been through. The only taters left are wrinkly and sprouting like the ones I have at home. I swear the whole area in on Mary's Mini! So all you potato freaks out there, slow down! Save some taters for the rest of us! :-D

I did find some taters in steamer bags, so I bought a couple. They are quite tasty!
MaryW

Postby Eppy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:56 am

This is intriguing to read about. I might join you. I get tired of thinking about what to eat and I love potatoes. I also want to get under 200 pounds again, asap! I have 21 to go. I might do this until I get under 200, so you might have someone else joining you in the AM (since I already have my steel cut oats on the stove cooking for breakfast! :-D )
Eppy

re: Mary's Mini & limiting fruit

Postby janluvs2heel » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:49 am

Well, got thru yesterday with no problem. Noone brought anything except the fruit so that was great. Although I would rather have had them see that I would not eat it. In a couple weeks it is doc's birthday so I know there will be stuff. I will have to wait until then so that they can see I am sticking to my guns.

I limit myself to 2 fruits, just like in MWL. Although I love the fresh fruit of summer, I am just not a big fan of fruit so it isn't a big deal for me.

Today is my 5th day of Mary's Mini & I am feeling great.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby chewy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:52 am

glad you are feeling so great on mary's mini with potatoes-i guess ,we could do it indefinitely since it is including all the most healthy foods-vegetables, some fruit and potatoes....
chewy

Re: 10 day Mary's Mini

Postby janluvs2heel » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:15 pm

Well, here it is, the end of the week. I dont work Fridays so I have 4 days off.

It is 2 weeks since I started seriously McDougalling. This am I put on a shirt & it was baggy on me. One of the girls at work noticed it, too. And people are asking me if I did something different to my hair. I notice anywhere between 2-3 wks. is when people notice a change in you. Not necessarily that you lost weight, but something is different.

One of the girls I have worked with for over 10 years was diagnosed with breast cancer. Good news, it is I guess the good kind of breast cancer, if it can be good, seems she has a really good prognosis. She is almost 63. Lumpectomy next week. So a little stressful at work. My potatoes keep me calm.

Hope everyone else is having a great week.
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:44 pm

nana3boys wrote:Hi,

I'm in until the 7th. We are going to Jamacia for seven days,for our 30th anniversery. So I can't say I will behave when I'm there.But will be 100% when I return.
I need some more taters and salad,fruit and veggies.Then I"m good to go.

Angie

where are you staying? Most of those places have lots of fresh fruit, you can find good things on their buffets if you are careful.....they have taters, salad and fruit and veggies! I went there for my son's wedding! oh and you have to try the snorkling! And go to Dunn's Falls but take the bus. The other thing if you haven't been there before, there are no ATM's at the hotels....just a word of warning! And make sure you read your tickets and info since they charge to get out of there!!!!!!!! :D
ncyg46

Nancy

Postby nana3boys » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:19 am

Hi Nancy,

We are going to Sandals Royal Caribbean. Did you stay at Sandals Dunns River when you went? I know they have lots of fruits and veggies. I'm gonna try to be good but the temptations are many.LOL Yes, we have been there before.

On our 25th anniversery, we spent the nite in the hallway of our hotel during the hurricane Ivan. I will never forget that night.All of the windows were boarded up and everyone was locked down.
Anyway we still love Jamaica.

Angie
nana3boys

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:54 am

we stayed at Breezes Golf Resort....about an hour from the airport with those crazy drivers!!!! We took the bus to Dunns Falls and I didn't do the walk, which I would have liked to do but I was keeping my son's new motherinlaw company because she couldn't do it....
ncyg46

Postby Bambie113 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:00 pm

I think I'd like to start Mary's Mini, you all inspired me. I'm going on a 3day vacation next Friday but it will be good to do it 7 days before and then maybe come back and do it for 5 days after (going away the weekend after too) and cleanse my system. Thanks for the inspiration, I'll be sticking to potatos and probably see if I can cook hashbrowns Sunday and bag them to bring to work for 2-3days of microwave breakfast.. we'll see.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTiqtcQ/]
[/url]
Bambie113

Postby chewy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:43 pm

yay bambie!so happy to see you will join us on mary's mini with spuds!
we should nickname ourselves the mcdougall spud club!
chewy

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program