Starting Mary's Mini for 10 days tomorrow, Monday, July 23

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Wendy » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:41 pm

Charlie,

The only reason to do the 10-day Mary's Mini McDougall Diet is to lose weight fast.

You'll lose weight just fine on either regular McDougall or Maximum Weight Loss (MWL).

The mini is tough. Only do it if you want to kick start maximum weight loss. Otherwise, my suggestion is to go with the other two. Again, the mini is brutal, but effective. I say brutal because our society doesn't understand it nor support it.

I was considered a real freak while doing it to those at work. It actually made my boss feel depressed that all I ate was a potato and green beans for lunch. (And, I work at a hospital!)

I will not do it again. Posting on this board gave me the drive to succeed. I, as I mentioned, tried numerous times before to do it for 10 days and failed after a day.

This time around all I wanted was to:

1. See if you could really lose 10 lbs., and
2. Lose weight fast and not be hungry.

Good luck on what you decide. May I suggest trying all the wonderful recipes and have fun eating. The mini is B-O-R-I-N-G, but very effective with weight loss.

Kind regards,

Wendy
Wendy

Postby Charlie » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:04 am

Wendy,

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I guess I want to lose weight fast sometimes. In March 2005 I was up to 280 lbs. I was 199.4 lbs this morning. I would like to get down to 180. I don't know if I have enough time left to lose 20 more pounds at the rate I have been going. It seems like I have been at a stand still. I think I have slipped up on my daily walking but I'm back in the groove again. I'm using my pedometer again and my goal is 10,000 steps each day. that will help get those pounds off. Well, I'm off to mow the yard.

Charlie
Charlie

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:47 pm

slow and steady win the race. I've been working on what I've lost since January 26 2006.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Re: 10 days

Postby fatfreevegan » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:56 pm

Wendy wrote:Well, Mary's Mini was tough, but worth it. At first you're excited to lose the weight, then you wonder, will I continue? Yes, you do! I'm now onto MWL. On Mary's, I lost 10 lbs., just like they said! It's really, tough, tho. Did I mention that? (just kidding, I know I did.)

I've just completed one week on Mary's Mini myself, and so far I'm doing fine. My hardest point was the first few days, but I find it's getting easier the further along I go. Eating a monotonous diet definitely has me eating slower and not scarfing my food down like I tend to do with more variety. And I'm down 5 pounds so far, so I think I'm going to make it the 10 days ... my goal is to go another full week and see what happens from there.

I'm definitely eating more than potatoes and beans! I thick slice a potato nearly all the way through and microwave it, then separate the slices and put a bit of ketchup on it ... that with fruit is my breakfast. Mashed potatoes with salsa and a big salad is lunch lunch, and baked potatoes with stir-fry veggies for dinner.

My fear is, if this is working so well, even going back to MWL might cause the weight loss to stop or slow drastically ... what was your experience with that?
fatfreevegan

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program