May 2017 McDougall Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: May 2017 McDougall Weigh-In Group

Postby hazelrah » Fri May 05, 2017 9:52 am

Down a pound this week ( -1.0). I was probably better last week, but really I suppose it has more to do with Thursday night doings than the actual effort for much of the rest of the week. Of course the real issue is how it's trending over the long haul. In any case I'll take anything that lets me say,...
Congratulations to all US losers.

Let's make it a great May!

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby donaldpetemc » Fri May 05, 2017 1:05 pm

I am weighing monthly, but I skipped weighing in April. My loss since the first of March has been 7.7 lbs. My total loss since the first of January has been 30.4 lbs.

I've had a rough couple of months. An out-of-town family wedding, and a vacation out to the west coast. Then a three-week flare of gout. (If you have never had gout, you cannot imagine how bad it hurts and how it cuts your mobility.) And then two fairly minor facial surgeries to remove basal cell carcinomas. Lots of good food calling my name, and lots of feeling very sorry for myself. I'm surprised I lost at all.

I don't know how you can enter this info into your data base. It's all right with me if you don't. It just helps me to report it anyway. Thanks for letting me vent.

P.S. I'm trying to set up a ticker factory in my signature, but so far without good results. The one shown below should have been with my post of Feb. 3, 2017. I'll keep trying to see if I can make this work right.

P.P.S. Well, I finally got the ticker going right, as of the first May weigh-in. Hope it'll work more easily in June.
Last edited by donaldpetemc on Sun May 07, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anne

donaldpetemc

Postby anne57 » Fri May 05, 2017 1:30 pm

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby RoseKatherine » Fri May 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Can someone tell me how to post a ticker to show progress? Thanks
RoseKatherine

I lost a pound!!

Postby dbassett » Fri May 05, 2017 3:52 pm

Hi everyone, I can't believe another week has gone by. I lost one pound this week, and because I'm really struggling to be more aware of my eating and to lose weight, I'm happy about this. It motivated me to eat a big bowl of steamed brussel sprouts for breakfast instead of my usual bowl of spruced-up oatmeal. The oatmeal is more caloric.

Thanks for being here-- the accountability is super helpful.

Diane

PS: Sending love from the Portland McDougall Group
dbassett

Postby Loralei » Fri May 05, 2017 5:23 pm

I am down 2.7 lbs this week. I'm shocked! I think it has to do with stress. We will see how next week goes, as hopefully things will be easing up a bit.

Good luck to all!
Loralei

Postby Luvslife2 » Fri May 05, 2017 8:13 pm

Hello all, I'm new here and starting today. Starting weight is 253
Luvslife2

Postby amandamechele » Fri May 05, 2017 8:26 pm

Anna - That's great that you are beginning to recognize a destructive pattern. I bet it's frustrating. :( But knowledge is power, so this information could be revolutionary in how you deal with things next week! I don't buy organic food either, for the most part, for the exact same reasons as you. Best wishes this week.

Qwerty988 - Glad you have still had a loss while transitioning some salt back into your diet. You must have done particularly well with your food choices. :) Potato waffles are the best! I love them too...with caramelized onion and applesauce, a recipe/idea from Chef AJ. Good luck this week and with your future decluttering plans.

ForestGoddess - Woo hoo! Congratulations, that must feel great. Keeping a record has been really helpful for you. Best of luck with your meal plan and prep, it will be so helpful.

BMcCloud - Best wishes for the week. XO

RoseKatherine - Welcome to the group! I hope we can offer you support to get you back on track towards working on your goals. What kinds of salads do you like to prepare? I love getting new ideas for salads...

Kathy - Fantastic! We were thinking of you this past Sunday and wishing you were back in the 6.

Sandra - I'd say so!! Great work this week.

Chris - I am so very happy for you! Your dedication to your goal and consistency in application of the guidelines has gotten you there. I hope you know that you are an inspiration to us all.

Yami - Welcome, welcome and we are happy to offer any support we can. There are many people here (myself included) who have similarly tried a variety of iterations of this plan only to eventually end up back here. I'm glad you are giving it another go. :)

Mark - Congratulations this week!

Anne - You have done extremely well while facing a number of difficulties. I honestly can't imagine what gout feels like and I'm sorry its been so painful for you. I hope you recognize how well you have done, even through these trying times. You have lost an average of almost a pound a week. That's a big loss. I will definitely be entering it in our database, :) , thank you for continuing to check in.

Anne (57) - That sounds like a good plan. I'm glad to hear you are able to slowly sort through this and hope that you are able to feel well soon. I also hope you don't end up sensitive to/allergic to any of your favourite foods!

Diane - Yay for your loss! Vegetables for breakfast sound delicious. I send my best to you and the Portland Potluck group this week.

Loralei - I'm sorry to hear that you have had a stressful week, but happy it provided you with a tiny bit of good news in the form of weight loss. I hope things in your life run more smoothly this next week and that you can leave this stressful week in the past.

Welcome Luvslife2 - Best wishes this coming week and let me know if you have any questions.
Last edited by amandamechele on Sat May 06, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amandamechele

Postby Svenja » Fri May 05, 2017 11:56 pm

Good Morning!

I didn't lose or gain ... so no change for me.

I found out, that Tuesdays is always my lowest weight ... funny! This week I was down to 240 labs again. Maybe it's because I have Taiji (Thai Chi) training on Monday evenings ... ??? Who knows.

Have a great weekend everyone!
For me it's studying, gardening, some projects around setting up my new practice ... and bike ride - picknick outing with friends on Sunday, since it's finally supposed to get a little warmer.

Blessings,
Svenja.
03.03.17 = 245 lbs
Svenja

Postby cambitsgirl » Sat May 06, 2017 11:07 am

Hi everyone. I am down 3 pounds this week. :) Hit 216 today. So happy about that.

I splurged a little this week too. Need to stop doing that so I don't fall back into bad eating habits. I love reading everyone's posts. Welcome to everyone new.
Cambitsgirl
cambitsgirl

Postby amandamechele » Sat May 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Hello All,

Congratulations to all of you! It has been a great start to May....like, a really great start.
The cutest toddler ever is sooo proud of us!

This month I have been rewatching Dr McDougall's webinars. He and Gustavo are currently doing a series on his book Dr McDougall's Digestive Tune-Up.
Here are the links to the series. They have covered Chapters 1-10 of the book, and there are still 5 more chapters to go:
DTU Chapter 4: My Stomach's on Fire and I can't put it out
DTU Chapters 1-3 plus bonus cooking demonstration by Gustavo
DTU Chapters 5-6: Ulcers and Gallbladder
DTU Chapter 7: The Liver to the Rescue
DTU Chapter 8: In Search of the Perfect Bowel Movement
DTU Chapter 9: Bowel Sickness and the Fibre Factor
DTU Chapter 10: Chained to the Bathroom with Colitis
Here is the link to the Video Section, where you can find all kinds of inspiration and information, no matter your reason for being here.

Have a wonderful week,
Amy XO

Here are the results for the first week in May:

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, May 12th, 2017

May 2017 Weight Loss Group :: Weekly Weigh-In Results
Total group loss reported in 2017: 436.96 pounds
Total group loss in January 2017: 137.25 pounds
Total group loss in February 2017: 102.91 pounds
Total group loss in March 2017: 111.3 pounds
Total group loss in April 2017: 56.1 pounds
Total group loss in May 2017: 29.4 pounds
Week ending 05/05/2017: 18 participants reported a total loss of 29.4 pounds

---------------------------------------

Total gains:
AnnaUK - 2.0
Qwerty988 - 0.8
ForestGoddess - 0.6
BMcCloud - 0.0
RoseKatherine - 0.0
Yomom - 1.0
Sandra760 - 5.0
Galooop - 4.6
Veggierunner - 0.0
Hazelrah - 1.0
Donaldpetemc - 7.7
Anne57 - 0.0
Dbassett - 1.0
Loralei - 2.7
Luvslife2 - 0.0
Svenja - 0.0
cambitsgirl - 3.0
amandamechele - 0.0
---------------------------------------------
Total losses: 29.4
---------------------------------------------

Total group loss in May 2017: 29.4 pounds
Week ending 05/05/2017: 18 participants reported a total loss of 29.4 pounds
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sat May 06, 2017 6:16 pm

RoseKatherine wrote:Can someone tell me how to post a ticker to show progress? Thanks

Hi RoseKatherine,

I still haven't tried to figure any of that out, but many people here have. Here is how to set up a ticker (I realize that wasn't your exact question, but I thought I'd share this too):
fancyfinch wrote:Amy -- go to tickerfactory.com > Choose a strip design that you like (lots of pages -- I just picked one from the first page) > Click Next > Choose yourticker mover > Click Next > (It tells you to choose a pin #, but I haven't figured out how to come back and edit a ticker I've already made, so I just keep making new ones...) > Choose tracking type (I chose Weight Change) > Put in target/starting/current weights and today's date > Click Next > It'll show you the ticker and will give you code at the bottom of the page that can be used in message boards or a website. Copy and paste into your reply on this message board. And Voila! Hopefully I can find how to keep that one that's already made....

Another member had similar issues and here is the thread for that query: Help With My Ticker.

I hope one of these responses is helpful. If not, let me know and I'm sure someone else here will chime in who has set one up already.

Amy
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sat May 06, 2017 6:20 pm

Svenja - Your weekend sounds lovely...I'm so glad you find time for fun and relaxation while studying and setting up a new business. Tai Chi! Fantastic!

cambitsgirl - Congratulations for your loss this week. I love reading everyone's posts too....you all inspire me. :)
amandamechele

Postby RoseKatherine » Sat May 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Thanks for the ticker help but I can only copy and paste the code, the ticker itself does not show up. This is beyond my limited computer skills.
RoseKatherine

Postby Qwerty988 » Sun May 07, 2017 2:56 am

RoseKatherine wrote:Thanks for the ticker help but I can only copy and paste the code, the ticker itself does not show up. This is beyond my limited computer skills.

It's been a while since I did this, so I could be wrong, but....

When editing your signature, use the Img (image) button. What you want is for the Img symbol in brackets to be showing on either side of the link. That way, the ticker shows up as an image and not just as a link in your signature. Does that make sense?

I believe this is how I did it.... hopefully someone will correct if this is wrong. :D
Qwerty988

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program