Starting again

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

potatoes

Postby ncyg46 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:04 pm

i love mustard and horseradish on them...and always have mary's speedy international stew in the fridge...but i make my own spices in it for the low salt.
tonite i am eating that over brown rice while my sad eater has ribs! he doesn't know it but he is half a mcdougaller!!!
ncyg46

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:10 pm

if you are going to try cocktail sauce, sprinkle a little old bay on the tater first. mmmm
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby busymomof4 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:01 pm

Faith in DC wrote:if you are going to try cocktail sauce, sprinkle a little old bay on the tater first. mmmm

Okay, I give up. What is "old bay"? I've never heard of it. And where can I get it?
Michele
busymomof4

Old Bay Seasoning

Postby VeggieSue » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:41 am

Old Bay is a seasoning/spice mix that was originally intended for use on seafood but tastes great on lots of veggie things, too, like tofu or potatoes. It's made by McCormick, the spice people, and comes in a bright yellow box instead of the plastic bottles with the red top, but in the same section of the grocery store.

From the WikiPedia page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Bay_Seasoning

"The seasoning mix includes celery salt, bay leaf, mustard seed, both black and red pepper, cinnamon, and ginger."

I know there's a salt-free version out now, too.
VeggieSue

Postby busymomof4 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:48 am

Thanks, VeggieSue! I'll have to try some of that. :)
Michele
busymomof4

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program