Workout Challenge?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Are you interested in a workout challenge?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:46 pm

Yes!
88%
No!
13%

Total votes : 8

Postby Rita » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:42 pm

Well, I had a good day. Plan to go early to the gym to do the bike 10 minutes and walk the indoor track 20. Will do the physical therapy exercises at home. In fact, I'm going to do that right now, too.
Rita

Postby proverbs31woman » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:44 pm

I've worked out twice this week so far, doing a combination of step aerobics and weight-training in a class at the gym. I'm not sure what I'll do for the rest of the week since I'm out of town.
proverbs31woman

Postby kpolninja » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:01 pm

I did 40 minutes walking on the treadmill. My abs are super sore so I didn't do those. This is my second day this week for a total of 70 minutes so far!

LauraA, my dogs probably wish I would linclude them in my workout :)
Mairead11, I got to leave work early today too! I hope you had a good workout today!
Awesome job Rita, I hope you had a great workout.
Hasanismom, two days down, only 2 more to meet your 4 day per week goal. I know you can do it even though you're out of town.
kpolninja

Postby LauraA » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:57 am

Happy Thanksgiving to All - It sounds like this thread is really helping everyone - lots of great exercise going on! Yesterday I walked thirty minutes again with my visiting daughter and my dog. Today we plan to walk in a few minutes- two of my daughters, two dogs and me! I'm so glad that we have this thread, and I'm glad it is on the MWL board! Take care, LauraA
LauraA

Postby mairead11 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:57 am

Hey kpolninja, yes thank you! I had a wonderful workout yesterday, had a solid hour uphill on the treadmill, powerwalking. It was so good, it inspired me to get up early this morning in the freezing cold to get a good walk in before the holiday took my chance away!
I will still go for a walk this afternoon, however, it'll probably be more of a stroll, as it will be more of a social occasion rather than dedicated exercise, but it will be nice not to feel pressure this afternoon to "get my workout in", and any extra exercise is just gravy [pardon the pun!].

Have a wonderful holiday everyone!
Mairead
mairead11

Postby kpolninja » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:18 pm

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday! I worked out for 30 minutes on the treadmill and did 100 situps!
kpolninja

Postby Rita » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:34 pm

Wasn't able to get to the gym or walk outside. But did do 1000 steps in my apartment, some of them a little trotting.

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I'll hit the gym for the bike and the PT exercises. If it's nice out as is promised (53 degrees) I'll walk in the park later.
Rita

45 minute bike ride NT

Postby Love the Lorax » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:18 pm

:-D
Love the Lorax

Lesson of the day:

Postby mairead11 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:21 pm

Never go out to exercise in anything less than what you're willing to be seen on TV in. :shock:

I guess it's a slow news day and the local station thought they'd catch some people working off the feast, instead of hitting the shops. It's 39˚ out and sunny: went for a good bike ride [1.5 hours].

Sigh. I think I was wearing about 15 different colors. I'm half afraid to watch the news! I hate to think that it's such a stretch for ME to be out exercising, that it's news worthy!!!

:D Mairead
mairead11

Postby LauraA » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:35 pm

Mairead11-That's kind of cool - being on TV exercising - that's a lot better than being caught overeating!! I have walked for the last three days, so today was one of my days off for the week. I hope that everyone has a great weekend. Take care, LauraA
LauraA

Sat. 11/30

Postby Rita » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:16 pm

Hi, all. Have you worked off your Thanksgiving dinner yet?

I didn't do all that well last evening in that department. Went to my niece's for dinner. She had loads of vegetarian foods, but most had a little oil in iit. And her pies are the best! Didn't have dairy in them, but did have eggs, I presume.

Well, today's another day and very good so far as far as the McD program is concerned. Also went to the park and walked/jogged 1 mile. Now having lunch and off to the gym to do the recumbent bike and machines.

Enjoy your weekend!
Rita

Postby LauraA » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:49 pm

Hi all - Rita, it sounds like you are really back on program.I took yesterday off from exercise, so this morning I walked again for 30 minutes. It seems to be helping me stay on track to know that I'm going to post here how I'm doing. Take care, LauraA
LauraA

Workout challenge

Postby cuddles » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:39 pm

This will be an easy challenge for me to find time to do exercise in December. I've been working out for an hour six days per week ever since February. My workout usually consists of a spin class 3 to 4 times per week, I work out with a personal trainer twice a week, and one day per week I will either do cardio or weights. I usually go to the gym at 5:00 AM before I go to work so that I have no excuses not to work out after work.
cuddles

Postby Rita » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:10 am

Cuddles, that's phenomenal! Once upon a time I went at 5:00 a.m. also. Nowadays, if I get up early it's going some. But today it's raining out, can't walk in the park, and at 7:00 a.m. I'm off to the gym. Will walk/jog 30 minutes, ride the recumbent bike 15 and do the free weights for 15.
Rita

50 minutes aerobics tape

Postby Love the Lorax » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:08 am

and planning for a bike ride later.
Love the Lorax

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program