Jan 09 "ON PLAN PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY" MWL

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Jan 09

Postby jams » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Count me in. Is there standard information that we provide?
260/252/140 Start Dec 27th,2008
YES I CAN! FAB VEGAN
jams

New Here

Postby veggie_mom » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

I did MWL about 8 years ago and have recently decided to start again. After two babies and very bad eating habits I have a ton of weight to lose. I am already a vegetarian so my biggest challenge is going to be cutting out all the junk in my diet, which is a lot!

I'd love to join your challenge for January to help keep me focused. I used to post on the VegSource board when this forum was over there.

So what information do people usually post? Do we post our starting weight and weekly loss or post every day?

Thanks and I look forward to being a part of your forum!
veggie_mom

Count me in

Postby Babstitches » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:49 am

I have vowed to start MLW and stick with it, January 1 is my target date to start so this is perfect.

Barbara
Barbara
Babstitches

Postby Letha » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:41 am

Welcome or Welcome Back luvdachiess, big_guy_denver, Mommylut, Quiver0f10, Mrs. Doodlepunk, kimba, mairead11, Sksamboots, Felini, Stephanie, jams, veggie_mom, Babstitches. With LauraA and myself that makes 16 folks already committed to the group for January. I’m so happy. Participating in these groups in November and December has been so helpful to me.

To answer jams question:
jams wrote:Count me in. Is there standard information that we provide?

I’d have to say no. Utilize the thread in whatever way works best for you. I’ll share what works for me. I post every single day. Every day I restate the group motto “on plan and planning to stay that way.” Just doing that gives me a basic level of accountability. I also post my weekly weight loss results. Beyond that I usually write a few sentences about whatever is on my mind. New foods I’ve tried, new appliances I’ve purchased. Improvements in my health. Links to posts or recipes or websites. If I’m feeling chatty I might write responses to what everyone else has said that day. I think last month I was feeling silly one day and posted a Robert Frost poem. It’s all good. Talk to you all soon.
Letha
Letha

Postby MrsIrishOD » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:00 am

I would like to be included in the Jan '09 On Plan challenge!

I am new to the forum, but have had the MWL book for a few months. I've tried a few recipes and find the rest of the recipes posted on this forum and blogs will be extremely helpful!

I eat 80% healthy (organic when I can), and only chicken or fish when and if I do eat meat. I continue to hover around the 155-160 lb level and should really be more in the 130's for a healthy BMI. It just seems that even with some efforts on eating healthy that I experience any weight loss.

Exercise fluctuates with my schedule. I'm guessing that's part of the success in the plan (or lack of it.)

I've taken part in weight loss forums before, about 4 years ago (6 week body makeover). I find them extremely supportive in sharing goals and ideas for success for everyone!

I know I'll have questions along the way regarding portion sizes and what is allowed on the MWL vs. the regular McDougall plan.

Looking forward to joining along!

Kathy
MrsIrishOD

Postby seallen711 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi everyone!

Count me in! I have about 40 pounds to lose. Looking forward to all of your support!

Sara
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8Wcpz/]
[/url]
seallen711

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:39 pm

I don't do challenges, but I'll read and see what's up with everyone.

I've found that just taking it one day at a time, and trying to live it it and eat healthy and not treat it as a diet is the way I have to go about it. Hope it's ok if I stick my nose in. I usually don't even open your challenge threads.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby FreedomHDD » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:48 pm

I'm game.
FreedomHDD

Postby fulenn » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:28 pm

Count me in, too. I've been doing regular McDougalling since the beginning of August and have found my weight loss has slowed quite a bit this past month. So MWL it is! It would also help if I upped my exercise from whenever-I-get-around-to-it to several days each week. LOL

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby Quiver0f10 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:34 pm

I went shopping today and stocked up on veggies and some fruits. I have been eating a lot of potatoes, rice, beans and lentils, but not enough veggies. So I am ready to go!
Jean
Quiver0f10

Postby Dallasmom » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:31 pm

I would love to be in this as well. I've been doing MWL for awhile now and lost about 50 lbs. Just found out I was pregnant (lol) but still want to be healthy for me and the baby. I might not lose a lot of weight but just want to be held accountable. Thanks!
Resa
Dallasmom

Postby topview1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:39 pm

I'm in...

I have about 16lbs to go to my target weight... It might not sound like much, but on my 5'0 body and small frame, it starts showing up as sore knees, fatigue and larger clothes...

I let things go while traveling over the holidays and just feel yucky. MWL is the quickest way to feel "normal" :) and healthy for me.

I actuallly started today, totally on plan. Go me.

126lbs
waist 32.5
tummy 34

I haven't been exercising at all, we live in Ontario out in the country (ice and snow), so I will be statrting with 10 minutes of stretching type excersize and perhaps a 15minute walk if my children sleep late...

My goal is actually more health than weight loss, but that is a great side benefit.
Melanie
McDougalling with 5 special somebodies
4 boys - 9,7,5,3

topview1

Postby AffectedMangoO » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:24 am

I'm in too! First time mcdougalling, and going vegan. I'm starting on the 2nd of jan, no need to upset the family festivities without preparing them.

My mwl book hasn't arrived yet, I hope it will be here soon. The whole wheat is not ok is a bit confusing. I think it will be quite challenging at first, but I am excited. I hope to stay on the plan for at least a year.
AffectedMangoO

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:24 pm

Congratulations Resa. Keep health in your mind. I was so bad when I was pregnant. So terrible.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby toadfood » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:09 pm

Count me in, too!

I lost about 20 lb on the regular McDougall plan in the spring/summer. Then I started slipping junk in here and there, and for the month of December it was more than here and there. I've gained back about 5 of the pounds I'd lost. I want to lose those and then another 50. If I do that, I will still be "overweight" according to the BMI charts, but I will no longer be "obese." I have diabetes, PCOS, sleep apnea and GERD, so I really need to focus on my health!
toadfood

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program