Mary Mini and Easter

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby ReneeK » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:05 am

Chaplain Mike: Despite the unfortunate news at the doctor, you are doing terrific on sticking to your new, healthy lifestyle. Don't let this deter you from sticking to it. You are right that with God all things are possible. Everything will work out.

B: toasted cheeze sandwich - 12 grain bread and veggie kaas

S: coffee with soy creamer

L: instant mashed potatoes and cream style corn

S: apple

D: baked potato and steamed broccoli

LOTS of H2O today.
ReneeK

May I

Postby earnie » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:29 am

Mind if I join in this conversation. I began the Mini Mary’s last Saturday and despite not being even vegetarian for two day, I have lost three pounds in seven days. While I need to lose fifteen pounds I began this because I want to feel better and be healthier. I need to watch the cholesterol and the blood pressure. Not on medication and don’t want to go there.
earnie

Grilled portobello Mushrooms

Postby jmgoforth » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:08 pm

For those still with the Mary Mini Diet we are counting down the days-Just a week to go.
Then I will need to develop my plan for the rest of my life. I know it will be a McDougall.

Breakfast-
Hash Browns and Onions

Lunch-
Boiled Onions, carrots and potatoes

Supper-
Left over boiled onions, carrots and potatoes

Grilled Portobello Mushrooms-
3 Portobello Mushrooms
Clean and remove stems

In a bowl mix-
¼ C of water
3 T Chopped onion
4 Minced Garlic
5 4
6 T
Balsamic vinegar

Place mushrooms in the bowl allow standing 2-3 hours-

On hot grill place Portobello’s soft skin down and cook 5 minutes-
Turn over- pour juice over and cook another 5 Minutes.
Excellent- Feels and taste like a steak.
Phi 4:[13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
jmgoforth

Today

Postby earnie » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:58 pm

Breakfast – Potatoes O’Brien, Brussels sprouts
Lunch – Red potato, 1/2 tomato
Dinner – Potato cakes, sautéed kale and onions

I have lost 3.5 pounds since last Friday. So keep your fingers crossed for me that I can keep this streak going. This morning I weighed 141. I have to make that scale move under 140. Then keep heading down.

I am just getting started and you are finishing up. Hmmmmm!
earnie

Seem the longer we go the less are responding?

Postby jmgoforth » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:22 pm

Brearkfast-Hash browns

Lunch- Salad and beans

Supper-baked potatoe and green beans

I am down to 312. Still big but I am loosing. Christmas I was 332- Since on the Mini diet I have lost 10 lbs. So 20 lbs since Christmas. But it is just eating the right things, sometimes one less bite at a time.
Chaplain Mike
Phi 4:[13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
jmgoforth

Postby ReneeK » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:52 am

Weighed in at Dr. office this morning. Not as good as the results I'd hoped for, but still a 10# loss from starting McDougall. I have begun journalling again and will continue to keep up with the good things I have discovered while on this challenge. I made a new goal for myself to commit to exercising in the form of morning exercise DVDs and evening walks with my dog. I WILL walk with the dog each evening no matter how late I get home. Once we get into the routine, I KNOW she'll be my accountability partner. She loves to walk and will practically drag me out the door each night.

B: Kashi Autumn Wheat; ff soymilk; fresh blackberries

S: coffee with soy creamer

L: thai noodles (fatfreevegan.com); carrot sticks

S: more carrot sticks

D: on-the-go...Health Valley Black Bean Soup cup (if I remember to take it with me) or baked potato and steamed broccoli from food court

Lots of water today as well as enough carrot sticks to curb "the munchies". Also brought along a couple clementines in case I crave sweets this afternoon.
ReneeK

Hospital Day

Postby jmgoforth » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:23 pm

I was at the hospital at the rising of our beaytiful Indy sun.

Breakfastat the hospital Hot oat meal.

Lunch-Veggies

Supper-Baked potatoe and veggies.

Had a run this afternoon right across my street. A young man in his fories commited suscide. His mom told me had been depressed from the day he was born. He had 6-7 bottles of pills Doctors had given him to no help. I felt so sorry for him and his family. Tonight may be his first peaceful night.

Chaplain Mike
jmgoforth

Postby ReneeK » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:56 am

What was I thinking?????? Big cheat this morning! Time to get back on the wagon and do 50 extra crunches tonight.

B: Sausage McGriddle; hashbrown; LG Diet Coke BLECH!!!! McDougall's revenge is upon me and I feel my face getting oily.

S: still had my coffee with soy creamer this morning

L: baked potato; steamed green beans

D: rest of the thai noodles; sliced tomatos with fresh cracked pepper

Walking the dog; ab crunches; YBB DVD tonight when I get home.
ReneeK

Country Club

Postby jmgoforth » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:50 pm

My wife and I were invited you to lunch to the County Club. I called in advace and ordered veggies but he brought me Macaroni Meal with Artichoks. It was good but not what i ordered but it was on my plate and I didn't want to embrass the person who invited us.

Breakfast-Hashed potaotoes

Supper-Baked potatoe and veggies.
jmgoforth

Just 4 More days

Postby jmgoforth » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:53 pm

It has been a wonderful adventure leading up to Easter. I want to basically follow this plan after Easter. I may add alittle more beans. Maybe oatmeal for Breakfast otherwise just strarches and veggies. I only eat one fruit per day ususally. I want to continue drinking water.I admit I have missed my diet drink but I have survived. :cool:
jmgoforth

Just 3 days.

Postby jmgoforth » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:07 am

I plan to follow this closely with a few additions. It has truely helped me to think more McDougall.

Breakfast- Hash Browns

Lunch-Baked potatoe and Salad

Super-potato and green beans.

Snack-potato

Have a safe day!
jmgoforth

Postby ReneeK » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:14 am

B: Kashi Autumn Wheat; blackberries; ff soymilk - coffee with soy creamer

L: instant mashed potatoes; creamed corn

D: thai noodles; carrot sticks

S: clementine tangerines

Lately my meals have been highly starch-centered. After Easter I'll work on incorporating less starches and more green/yellow veggies.

Grandmother having Easter dinner on Sunday. She gets offended when people bring a passing dish along, and I've already gotten the "protein talk" from her this week. Menu will be ham, mashed potatoes loaded with butter, high-fat green bean casserole, broccoli salad loaded with mayonnaise, bacon, and cheese, high-fat homemade white dinner rolls, and very likely pecan pie and lemon meringue pie. And since she's "on to" and "highly against" my avoidance of meat and dairy, she'll be watching me like a hawk to make sure I eat what she serves. Since I'm staying at her house for the weekend, I'm going to offer to cook a new recipe for dinner on Saturday. I found a recipe off FatFreeVegan for Roasted Asparagus and Portobello Mushrooms with Horseradish Sauce. This looks absolutely delicious and I'll serve it over angel hair pasta to Grandma's liking. This will hopefully satisfy her that I am eating well-balanced, delicious meals and don't need meat and dairy in my diet.
ReneeK

Last Day

Postby jmgoforth » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:52 am

Any Holiday is a mine trap. We will eat out so I will have some choices. This morning I had potatoes and fruit.
Lunch Salad and beans-
Supper -potatoes and veggies

As I think of the next step here is what I committing too.
1. Drink water-
2. Continue my startch to be potatoe
3. Beans
4. Oatmeal for breakfast some times.
Continue exercise.
I lost a total of 12 lbs. I don't want to gain it back. For my health I must continue to loose.
Nice meeting you all. Keep in touch!
Chaplain Mike
jmgoforth

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program