Anyone up for Another MARY'S MINI CHALLENGE?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby star » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:46 pm

Thanks Vanilla Orchid. It will be interesting to see if I really hit it by Nov 1st. The good thing is that I am already excited about my accomplishments thus far so I won't be too dissappointed if it doesn't happen. But I am hopeful :) .
star

Postby rebecca » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:25 pm

Hi all! I am starting M M tomorrow. My starch will be potatoes. Is it better to stick with one type of potato or is it ok to do red potatoes, russets, white, sweet potatoes? Thanks
rebecca

Postby cowgirrlup » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:30 pm

Ok, since I just joined this week, do we start another one at the end of the month??

Pretty please?? :D
cowgirrlup

Postby proverbs31woman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:29 pm

Hello Rebecca,

Thanks for joining the group! In order to correctly follow MM, you should choose one type of starch because the main point of the diet is to lose weight quickly because the foods become so monotonous that the desire to eat a lot decreases.
proverbs31woman

Postby cowgirrlup » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:31 am

Oh, blast it all... :oops:

I got up this morning and I was so tired that I made oatmeal and ate it before I realized I should have made hash browns... :(

I know, it could have been worse, so I can deal with it, but I was surprised that it never even crossed my mind until a long time after I ate it... :shock:

I need more sleep.. :D
cowgirrlup

New Thread for November?

Postby auntemmy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:53 pm

Hasanismom, are you going to start a new "MINI" thread for November? This one is pretty long.... :)
~Emmy

What's taters, precious?
Po-ta-toes? Boil 'em. mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew?
auntemmy

Re: New Thread for November?

Postby proverbs31woman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:19 pm

auntemmy wrote:Hasanismom, are you going to start a new "MINI" thread for November? This one is pretty long.... :)

Hello Aunt Emmy,

That's a good suggestion. I didn't think of starting a new one, but it is about that time. I probably won't start one because I'm finished with the challenge. I do follow most of the MM principles, but I'm slowly introducing flour products into my diet since I've reached my goal.

I like to come to this thread to support others and make sure that I follow at least most of the MM principles in order to keep my weight down. If a new thread is started, I probably won't participate in the challenge, but I would like to offer my support.

Anyone care to start a new MINI thread?
proverbs31woman

Postby cowgirrlup » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:28 pm

I guess I can do it, unless someone who has been doing it longer wants to do it...
cowgirrlup

Re: How come nobody told me???

Postby VeggieSue » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:36 pm

Vanilla Orchid wrote:Yesterday I decided to re-read Maximum Weight Loss, and guess what? Tortillas aren't allowed.

That's right, BUT a year or so ago Dr. McDougall wrote, either here on the forums or in a newsletter article, that corn tortillas are served at the MWLP weekends because, in his opinion, people don't eat that many of them to make a difference and slow weightloss.

"He don't know us very well, do he?" to quote Tweety Bird. I know that if allowed, *I* could eat a whole package of them, unadorned and untoasted, and I'm sure other volume eaters here could, too.
VeggieSue

Postby rebecca » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:02 pm

Day 1 of MM for me. So far so good. I made some potato salad for my snacks-which has helped. I noticed that I am not searching through the kitchen for stuff to eat. Cowgirrlup, how did your day go? I think it would be a good idea to start a new thread for Nov. So ,you go girl!
:-D
rebecca

Postby proverbs31woman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:29 pm

cowgirrlup wrote:I guess I can do it, unless someone who has been doing it longer wants to do it...

I think that would be a good idea as well. I'm passing on the weight-loss torch! I'm training to maintain.

proverbs31woman

Postby cowgirrlup » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:34 pm

hasanismom wrote:
cowgirrlup wrote:I guess I can do it, unless someone who has been doing it longer wants to do it...

I think that would be a good idea as well. I'm passing on the weight-loss torch! I'm training to maintain.

Good idea for me to do it? or for someone who has been doing it longer?
cowgirrlup

Do it Cowgirrlup!

Postby auntemmy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:27 am

You do it Cowgirrlup! I want to start on November 11th because I will have family here from out of state until then. I will join the group then. Thank you Hasanismom for carrying the torch so far!

Go Cowgirrl! Go Cowgirrl!
~Emmy

What's taters, precious?
Po-ta-toes? Boil 'em. mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew?
auntemmy

Postby proverbs31woman » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:26 pm

cowgirrlup wrote:
hasanismom wrote:

It would be a good idea for you to do it, girl! :-D You are welcome, Aunt Emmy. I will definitely be keeping up with the thread though since I love Mary's Mini so much.
proverbs31woman

Postby cowgirrlup » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:11 pm

hasanismom wrote:
cowgirrlup wrote:
hasanismom wrote:

It would be a good idea for you to do it, girl! :-D You are welcome, Aunt Emmy. I will definitely be keeping up with the thread though since I love Mary's Mini so much.

Ok, it will just be a few days before I can start the new thread, but we are still in October, so it should be OK.

My mom is moving here from out of state and should arrive here tomorrow...

Its been a very weird experience so far... :? ....and it will take me a few days to get a minute or two away from her so I can use my computer..

I refuse to "stress eat" though!
cowgirrlup

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program