July 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: July 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby ajdotson » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:04 pm

I would love to join, please add me to the group.
ajdotson

Postby Marie M » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:10 pm

I'm glad to join in this months challenge as I need to get re-focused and back on board. I had gotten to goal weight (lost 40 lbs) and maintained for almost 2 years, but around the first of the year I started to succumb to fats, sweets, and breads. Consequently, weight started to creep back on. My cholesterol levels increased along with joint pain and hot flashes returning. I need and appreciate this opportunity to be held accountable and eat a healthy manner that I know is best for me. I'll be 69 next week. This morning I weighed 134.2 I plan to get back to 126+-. I know some people will scoff at this, but know that for each of us, the challenge is one meal at a time. My main reason for that goal is to be healthier and feel better!
Marie M

Postby Rbw » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:56 pm

Looking forward to being in the group, this is my first time. I started following the starch solution 3 and 1/2 years ago. I lost 30 pounds and over the past year I have gain 10 pounds back. I would like to loose 40 pounds. Over the past few months I have been letting processed junk food back in. I started MWL today and I have done really well. I feel like I can do it. Looking forward to some accountability and encouragement. Rene
Rbw

Postby Kathy62 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:01 pm

This is my first post and I’m glad to be joining. I’ve been eating mostly WFPB for a while, but not consistently. I still have a lot of weight to lose. Thank you for letting me join.
Kathy62

Postby AHALEA » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:08 pm

For the past month, I have been losing weight, but I often sabotage myself on weekends with the family. Look forward to the challenge.
AHALEA

Postby OrangeBird » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:29 pm

Hi there! Please add me to the group :)
OrangeBird

Postby VNiehoff » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:31 pm

Called my best friend yesterday. she agreed to support me in this endeavor. She should register today. Made it easily through day 1 since I spent time cooking yesterday. It doesn't help that my husband is an omnivore and a dedicated junk food junkie. Glad to have this area for support.
VNiehoff

Postby Cathy Ann » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:34 pm

I would love to join this group please. :)
Cathy Ann

Postby BeadLady » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:19 pm

I am a little nervous and confused. I got a confirmation that my account is activated. I am in process of reading the mega amounts of material. I have followed Starch Solution for years however, I have not reached my goals. I recently completed a 5 year round of drugs for my breast cancer. The SS has kept me strong and without secondary illness through my treatments. I now can move ahead using MWL to achieve my weight and health goals. Can someone explain how I begin my Weigh In on Friday and how I start a Journal? TIA
BeadLady

Postby cmurphy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:28 pm

I would like to join, please.
cmurphy

Postby Merwoman » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:43 pm

Time to get serious and lose some weight.
Merwoman

Postby BarbaraLynn » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:49 pm

Hello - I would love to join the MWL Weigh-In Group. I've been vegan for 9 years with about half of that as WFPB. The issue has been the inconsistency with toggling between unhealthy vegan and WFPB. I have been following MWL for the last five weeks and have released 19 pounds, so have already had my big drop. I'm excited to be a part of the group. I eat very simply and eat the same handful of compliant dishes over and over. Works though and the results are quite satisfying. Best wishes to everyone as we take this step to better our health!
Last edited by BarbaraLynn on Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
BarbaraLynn
BarbaraLynn

Postby Nvfab » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:14 pm

Please add me to this group. Thanks Nvfab!
Nvfab

Postby Autlander » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:31 pm

Hi everyone. I just bought The Starch Solution and I'm so glad I found this group. I've been plant-based for three years this month and I love it! I've tried to stick to whole foods, but there are so many vegan junk foods that taste so good! I gained about 8 pounds since March when I began working from home. I'm trying to kick sugar and oil. I'm looking forward to sharing in this group with all of you!
Autlander

Postby Livshaka » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:38 pm

I'm so happy to have found this! I've struggled with my weight since childhood.
Developed an eating disorder in my teen, then was severely injured in a bombing and struggled with my weight even more. Moved to the USA and hit 249lbs. Went through a divorce, counted calories, and lost 60lbs permanently. Kept it off mostly for the past 10 year but still fluctuate within 20lbs. Always worked out and been a give..weights, CrossFit, cardio, about 5 days a week.
Then last year I quit smoking and started the Ornish diet to reduce my familial high cholesterol. It worked but my weight is creeping up. I need help and community and this seems perfect. I didn't even know McDougall existed until yesterday. Got pitches a $1000 program to accomplish this and I knew there had to be something out there for support already.
Livshaka

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program