July 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: July 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby Mmcg0306 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:37 am

Please add me to the group!

I have been plant based for a couple years but started MWL this week. I am hoping to jump start my weight loss again, and reset my palate a bit, as I have strayed too far into vegan junkfood territory the last few months. I am loving it so far!
Mmcg0306

Postby Katefromfr » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:02 am

Hello,
Are tomatoes considered non-starchy vegetables? Are they ok to be in the 50% non starchy side of the plate? Because they are not included in the « Green, yellow and orange non-starchy vegetables » list....
Thank you for your help
Katefromfr

Postby KarenMWL » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:22 am

Hello! I would like to join the July Maximum Weight Loss Group. I believe this post will accomplish that. Please let me know if I need to do something more to join. :nod:
KarenMWL

Postby Lindahamilton59 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:25 am

Do we post an initial weight tomorrow?
Lindahamilton59

Postby karina_r_s » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:32 am

Hi all!

I would love to join the group in July. Since years I haven't been on scales. This will be very exciting for me. ;-)

Nutrition and losing weight are not part of my daily business and English is not my mother tongue. Therefore I hope for your indulgence and patience if I make one or the other mistake. ;-)

Wish you all a maximum weight loss.

Kind regards
Karina
karina_r_s

Postby cagal » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:33 am

Good morning.. I'd like to join this group, I've been following the McDougall MWL plan for a few months. It's been slow going, but I'm now starting to see some results.
cagal

Hi!

Postby Rejaneration » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:57 am

Hi everyone,

I have been on a plant based journey since November , 2019 and have embraced this way of life! I am looking to refine my lifestyle even further and to lose additional pounds!!!

Janice :-D
Rejaneration

Postby LLB » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:31 am

Friday touchpoint:
High: 205
Current: 187.2
LLB

Postby tgitrailtime » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:29 am

Hello, my name is Elisa. I am not familiar with using a thread like this so I hope I’m doing it correctly. I have been 90% wfpb for 13 years but put on some weight from that 10% being off. I have lost 30 of it over the last 2 years by being careful, the last 11 pounds coming off in the last 11 weeks of adhering to MWL principles. I am 5’3 and a half and as of this morning dropped into the 130’s at 139.8. So exciting! I want to adhere to the principles and see where the weight loss gets to this month. :)
tgitrailtime

Postby Wfpb2020 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:50 am

I would love to join the MWL group. Is the diet workable since I had a gastric bypass 10 years ago. Lost 103 lbs but put 50 back on. It was before I even knew about whole food plant based eating. If I had known I never would have had the bypass. Will it work since I cannot fit that much food into my stomach?
Since you can't have nuts, can you have Unsweetened Almond Milk or Oat milk, or are those too processed? I usually have almond milk on my homemade granola. I make it from oatmeal, flaxseed, unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon. Can I still eat that?
Thank you in advance for answering my questions. I am excited to have the structure and support I need to do this. Thank you.
Wfpb2020

Postby wolffie » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:05 am

I went vegan almost 29 years ago. The only vegan books/cookbooks I could find back then were Dr. and Mary McDougall's. The word "vegan" was relatively unknown then, so you can imagine my excitement when I found the McDougall's books. It sounds silly now, but I had no idea how to cook vegan. Thanks to Mary, my whole world was opened up. I'll always be eternally grateful to the dynamic McDougall machine for introducing me to a healthier and more compassionate lifestyle. Unfortunately, I'm fat and need to lose some weight, so I'd appreciate it if you'd add me to the list. Thanks!
wolffie

Postby CJean » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:11 am

To join, do I just post that I want to join?

Thanks.
CJean

Postby Gspeech3 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:20 am

Hi Everyone:

Excited about this journey. New to vegan lifestyle and loving it. Need to knock off the last ten pounds and KEEP IT OFF! Most importantly, I want to be done with dieting and use this way of eating to have optimal health.

Also, looking for an accountability partner who is in same part of their journey.

Gayle
Gspeech3

Postby JeffN » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:27 am

Greetings All. Welcome to the July 2020 MWL Weight-In and best wishes to all of you.

In case you missed it, as it was in a post from Mark with many other items, the following paragraph is the most important one to understanding the program and how best to implement it

Here it is ....

A reminder to all participants, please be sure to review the introductory post, MWL 10-Point Checklist and MWL Program Guidelines - these will serve as our "textbook" for this group. I also recommend watching Jeff's presentation - Calorie Density: How To Eat More, Weigh Less and Live Longer; this video provides a clear understanding of the concepts embodied in the MWL program, and it will likely answer MANY questions and help alleviate confusion. If you'd like to get a better sense of how the group works, perhaps take a moment to survey the June thread, we had some enlightening and valuable discussions last month.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby Johannah » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:27 am

I'm in for July!! :) Trying to get the last 10lbs off.
Johannah

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program