Anyone up for Another MARY'S MINI CHALLENGE?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:35 am

I just looked back at this thread after being off it for a while. Star, I've been thinking about you. You were so close to your goal! I, too was getting near, but not doing well this last month, and it's because I've been eating various kinds of sweets--entirely my own fault. I've been baking cookies and stuff. Mostly the kind made from butter, eggs, flour, sugar and nuts in endless variations. Could I have found something healthier? Of course. I just didn't want to.

And I've attended several parties with good cheeses and other rich snaks appeared, and I ate just a little, but there were so many kinds to taste. Nobody made me do it. Gave me heartburn. And, well, here I am, up a few pounds. But, I'm still happy with the way I look and how my clothes fit.

But, anyway, I'd sure love to start a new Mary's mini or variation on that theme to begin in January. Anyone up for that?
Vanilla Orchid

Postby wendysmiling » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:51 am

I'm brand new and am up for this! I like "simple" ! :D
WendySmiling :-)
Dec 2000 - 250
Dec 2004 - 125
Dec 2009 - 200 (cortisone therapy)
Dec 2010 - 165
MAY 2011 - 150
May 2012 - 150
11/18/12 - 160 - Goal 120
45-41-42-36
wendysmiling

Mary's mini

Postby janeellen » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:09 pm

I'd sure like to start Mary's Mini. What do we do to officially start?
janeellen

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:36 pm

How about we start January 1, 2009 (whenever we wake up). I'm disgusted at how much I've gained over the last month after doing so well since August. I need a jump-start to get back on track. Shall we start a new thread, or just continue on with this one?
Vanilla Orchid

Mary's Mini

Postby janeellen » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:58 pm

January 1 sounds fine, and it seems simpler to continue with this thread, since it already exists and seems to be working. I'm going to adopt the approach described by MichaelBluejay last week -- train for a race and limit myself to five foods for a month. He ate brown rice, chickpeas, potatoes, broccoli and bananas.
janeellen

Postby bigdoglover » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:34 pm

HI, Sounds good to me. You can count me in. Lost 29 lbs since I started on Sept. 1 but really need to loose 25 more. So, over half way there but a bit more to go. My son is getting married Sept 12 so I want to get smaller for those pictures that will be around forever.
Thinking: potatoes, tomatoes, corn, bannanas, spinach. (or mabye green beans) I have a few das to decide. I did fall off the wagon last week for a few meals but nothing drastic but I have been eating too many different starches in one day. I really do better if I stick to potatoes.
So, count me in Jan 1, 2009 (whenever we wake up!)
bigdoglover

Postby bigdoglover » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:57 pm

Just been thinking aobu this and want to change my 5 choices to: potatoes, tomatoes, beans, greens (lettuce) and corn. and that's that. I'll stick to it too.. Need to get the rest of this weight off!
bigdoglover

Mary's Mini

Postby janeellen » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:27 pm

Hi bigdoglover!

Your food list got me to rethink mine, especially the corn. Do I really like chickpeas? I do, but I don't really love them. I want to love evrything. I may change my chickpeas to corn, so the big 5 would be brown rice, corn, broccoli, bananas, and potatotes. I want to love everything. Does your "beans" refer to green beans or the black, kidney, garbanzo variety?
janeellen

Postby bigdoglover » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:39 pm

HI, Just beans. I usually eat black beans but don't think it matters. I rethought the bannana thing. I like them but don't know about a month of them.
bigdoglover

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program