January 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: January 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby Michele613 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:43 am

Well thank you Amy for taking the time 'ahead' of weigh in Friday to answer each one of your fledglings individually. Your commitment to the group is admirable and appreciated. You are careful to phrase your comments in positive terms which shows a conscious mind. That's what all of us need to in order to commit to the program....to be consciously living and choosing a healthy lifestyle. My week went better..I did not mindfully choose pizza again but I did experience on Wednesday significant bloating and was not eliminating on a daily basis as during last week. I ate 'on program' so don't know what the problem is...adzuki beans perhaps :) Haven't weighed all week...waiting for tomorrow morning. Feel 10#s heavier so not feeling positive about weigh in. We'll see. Still on program nonetheless. Be lookin' for you on Sunday for updates :-D
Michele613

Postby Michele613 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:18 am

Hi EVERYONE :D

Any suggestions on how to keep from losing food to waste? I have so much food in plastic containers in fridge that I can't remember what's what and often what's in the back gets overlooked and we seem to be throwing out food which bothers me for obvious reasons. It seems like a task to tape tags on all the containers each time I cook but..if that's what it takes I guess I'll have to do that. What do you do to make sure you pull out the right containers before they spoil? I see many of you do batch cooking. Thanks for your advice incoming...I hope. :D
Michele613

Postby moonlight » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:43 am

Michele613 wrote:Hi EVERYONE :D
Any suggestions on how to keep from losing food to waste? I have so much food in plastic containers in fridge that I can't remember what's what and often what's in the back gets overlooked and we seem to be throwing out food which bothers me for obvious reasons. It seems like a task to tape tags on all the containers each time I cook but..if that's what it takes I guess I'll have to do that. What do you do to make sure you pull out the right containers before they spoil? I see many of you do batch cooking. Thanks for your advice incoming...I hope. :D

Hi Michele, I can relate to the crowded fridge and freezer with mystery containers! I bought some freezer tape - it looks like masking tape. I keep a marker and the tape convenient in the kitchen and label evrything as I put food in containers w/ the date. It's at least not a mystery. I like the list that Plumerias uses. I may try that for my chest freezer. It's deep and I really have no idea what's in the bottom until I pull everything out. :shock:
moonlight

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:55 am

Hi Michele.

Getting the food rhythm right can take some practice, and everyone’s situation is so different that there is no “one size fits all” plan. Jeff has a great system for freezing dishes so that you always have something you can grab. I usually make meal “components,” like rice or pasta or beans to have on hand in the fridge, and combine in different combinations for meals. I love to cook, though, which can be part of the challenge as well, because I’ll make more than I can reasonably eat. Plumerias and Moonlight have great advice. It’s about finding the tricks that work for you!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby anne57 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:20 am

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby Michele613 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:38 am

Thanks P, M and L - great ideas. I guess if I keep pen and paper handy (I'll look for easy put on/off tape) then it won't be such a challenge. A list might work to as a reminder for the 'in the back' items to come to mind.
YAY....I'm happy to resolve this ongoing issue.
Michele613

Postby JOJO1947 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:52 pm

I miss the corn tortillas on the MWL but the addition of the whole grain pasta is nice.
JOJO1947

Postby Michele613 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:01 am

Hi Amy, = down 1.6 for the week

It was a more difficult week....not because I ate off program on Sunday but because I was bloated for a few days and not eliminating regularly as in the past for some reason though eating MWL foods. Okay..at least there was a loss even though I felt heavier. Well try to do a bit more walking during next week to spur some further loss and health.

Everyone should remain encouraged and committed. We can do this one challenge/day/week at a time!

SNIF SNIF - ticker updated at its website but URL code did not update when pasted here. Oh well...maybe next week
Michele613

Postby agissell » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:21 am

Ok, I think I definitely need to do most of my cooking on one day to up my chances of success... again, I think I will be the only one who didn't loose this week :'( … so... 0.00 down (at least I didn't gain)… but this was a difficult week with lots of temptations... any ideas of how I can get back in track?
agissell

Postby alishana » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:22 am

Hi everyone ! This week was great. The more I eat in the MWLP the more I crave healthy food, and I really have no desire to eat outside of the program.
So this week I lost 2,7 lbs !

I really feel grateful for this discussion, it's a real blessing to have this support and knowing we all are in the health journey together :-D
alishana

Postby Michele613 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:24 am

Alishana.....YAY .....you did it! Do it again next week ....and again...and again! We CAN do it!
Michele613

Postby alishana » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:34 am

Michele613 You are doing great ! 1.6 loss is quit a lot. I hope you are going to feel great this new week.
And THANK YOU so much for your encouragement, makes me smile a lot larger!

Agissell I really feel for you. It's a journey and you are doing great already. Keep going :-D Things that have helped me a lot is to always pack food with me, meals and snacks. And packing meals that I really like and are on the program because sometimes I've just packed food and ending not eating it. The other one is to always cook more starches that I need to always have food available to snack on or to pack if I need to go. The last one to me is to make it easy. At the moment I really crave rice, garbanzo beans, tomatoes and cucumbers, I just buy them in large quantities and eat that when I am hungry, it's really fast and easy.
I hope that it's going to help you out !
alishana

Postby Michele613 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:44 am

Hi Agissell,

Don't be discouraged. Also, don't worry about your loss or gain compared to anyone else. This is a personal journey being shared, not compared, with others. Life is full of temptations :twisted: and even more so when we want to resist them...when we are at our most vulnerable (tired, emotional, needy, busy) they attack and sometimes (not all times) we succumb. Each time is a ONE TIMER....we succeed one battle overcome at a time. A new week/new day is dawning...make the most of the new chance. As many have said: be prepared (ever been a girl scout). Whether it means having food in the fridge or in the purse or car....it is a life-line to meet the temptations that arise at any time, any place. YOU CAN DO THIS if your WANT to lose once and for all is greater and stronger than your WANT for a particular fast food. Hang in there. :)
Michele613

Postby anne57 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:57 am

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby ChasingHappy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:34 am

This second week for me was more of a struggle. While I still ate mostly onplan, I overate and in stressful times I went to my old favorites which are junk food candy bars from gas stations. so while I didn't gain anything this week. I didn't lose anything this week. So my total weight loss is still four pounds for the month. I am still learning how to cope with stress without eating poorly or overeating.
ChasingHappy

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program