January 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: January 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby Michele613 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:41 am

Hi ChasingHappy,

I too struggled this week....even grabbed 1 handful of potato chips that I left in house because "I could handle it'. Though I 'chose' to eat them as opposed to grabbing them without thinking, I was fortunate that I stopped at the 1 handful as they did taste good. I found I had to look underneath the urges to see what was triggering me and finding alternative ways of dealing with the cause. We all know that but it is hard to work through it. I am also working on solidifying my desire to be healthy and lose weight so that desire is so GREAT a desire that I will not want to mess up You can do it...be honest about what you truly want in the long run and how you are feeling and conducting yourself in the short run. You CAN do it....want it bad enough!!!!
Michele613

Postby moonlight » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:10 am

Good morning! I hope everyone is pleased with their progress. Whether you lose weight or not, showing up here, analyzing and planning meals are the keys to reaching our goals. :)

I'm down 1 lb this week. Woot!Woot! :D

Michele613 wrote:SNIF SNIF - ticker updated at its website but URL code did not update when pasted here. Oh well...maybe next week

Michele, try hitting the refresh button when you come back to the forum after you update your ticker. It should then reflect your update. :)
moonlight

Postby Merwoman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:52 am

I feel much better today about my weight loss plan. I am now down to
170.6#. I can't remember if I started out at 176# or 175#. I might start eating a little less food, I'm noticing that I tend to get rea,lly full. It's amazing how nicely I digest it though, and I am satiated for quite awhile. Moving helps. I'm still not ready to run a marathon, but looking forward to that kind of energy. Best of eating my friends!
Merwoman

Postby ColoradoHiker » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:54 am

Lost exactly 1# this week. I wish it were more but am happy that it is in right direction.

ColoradoHiker

Postby Merwoman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:02 am

Ok, got it, I started out at 175# and now I'm 170.6#, I've lost 4.4# all together. And, last week I was 174.8#, so I lost 4.2#.
Merwoman

Postby Humberto » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:38 am

Hola and Hello, last Friday was at 237.00, today at 235.00. so a net loss of 2.0 lbs :).

All the best to all,
Humberto
"May Kindness be our Walk"
Humberto

Postby Rosey » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:54 am

Last weigh in 273.3 lbs this week 271.1 lbs for a 2.2 lb loss
Rosey

Postby Ellen N » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:02 pm

I am 166#, down 4 this week and 5 total. I am surprised, really. Didn’t think I would loose this week as i cheated a bit a couple times, just little amounts of no no foods (dates, fudge, a potato chip!). Mostly I am eating potatoes. I bake 6-8 large ones and put them in the frig, serve them diced and heated over steamed broccoli or a bed of greens. Miss having pizza with my family! I make a mean vegan pizza, just crust, sauce and lots of veggies but not MWL.
Ellen N

Postby Belana » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:14 pm

Linda Dorrill wrote:Oops. I'm looking at my McDougall Program for Women. I'll go find the MWL book.
Linda Dorrill

Hi Linda, I'm Belana.
I read your post, and was surprised to learn that there's a McDougall program for women.
Would you mind giving me the details about that?
TIA.
Belana

Postby Dark Blonde » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:54 pm

Starting: 303
Last Week: 296
Today: 295.5
Weekly loss: .5
Total loss: 7.5

Only a half a pound this week, but after a huge drop las week I’m still in good shape. Thanks for the support.
Dark Blonde

Postby Belana » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Hello all,
I'm about to begin my journey to lose 20 lbs.
Back in 2010, I went on the Joel Fuhrman's, 'Eat To Live' diet and got down to 102 lbs.
Today I weigh 124 lbs.
Unfortunately, I broke my wrist one year, and then my knee the very next year. Those two injuries combined with a lot of stress caused me to gain a lot of weight-for me.
I'm short at 5', so I don't need to weigh a lot.
I'm trying the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss diet to lose weight this time, because the idea of going back on the Fuhrman diet feels onerous, and I found Fuhrman's diet unsustainable.
I like reading everyone's posts. It does help me to not feel so alone in doing this diet.
Personally, my biggest struggle is with social interactions.
I recently moved, so that's very stressful plus, I'm trying to make friends because I don't know anyone here where I moved. It seems like almost every social occasion centers around food and booze.
It almost feels like I can either choose between becoming a recluse in order to be on this diet or go to social occasions at bars and restaurants, and feel uncomfortable while everyone eats and drinks whatever they want.
I wanted to mention that I've also been to the True North Health Center, so I'm well versed on all the various dieting philosophies however, all of what I know does result in a few uncertainties and confusing facts.
Hopefully, I'll gain some clarity on the McDougall website and this forum.
I'm feeling a little more hopeful about getting some support here on this forum, while on this dieting journey.
Eating and cooking this way is by no means easy. Actually, I find it downright difficult!
Belana

Postby Kerrilyn2 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:03 pm

Down 1.5 :-D
Kerrilyn2

Postby fiftysix » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:38 pm

+ 1 lb. OOPS! Too many "special occasions" this week.
fiftysix

Postby anelson108 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:32 pm

Starting Weight: 204.6
Last Week: 198.2
Today: 199.8
Loss/Gain: +1.6
Total Loss: 4.8
Goal Weight: 150

Hello everyone, I expected to gain some weight this week because I was on a fast with my church the week before. I hope to level out next week with at least a 1 pound loss.
anelson108

Postby Linda Dorrill » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Belana wrote:
Linda Dorrill wrote:Oops. I'm looking at my McDougall Program for Women. I'll go find the MWL book.
Linda Dorrill

Hi Linda, I'm Belana.
I read your post, and was surprised to learn that there's a McDougall program for women.
Would you mind giving me the details about that?
TIA.

Hi Belana,

Nice to "meet" you. This is the Amazon link for the book:
https://smile.amazon.com/McDougall-Prog ... +for+women

It's copyright is 2000. There are several soups I like in this book. When it's dreary here, I usually fix the Potato Asparagus or Broccoli Bisque (p. 266-267). It calls for rice/soy milk. To be MWL compliant, homemade rice milk could replace the soy. But, my DHubby eats a lot of rice, so I use the soy. His arsenic has tested a little high because of his love for rice.

I like all of Dr. McDougall's books. Especially because Mary is such a wonderful cook and recipe writer!

Have a great weekend!
--Linda

Amy,
I'm down 2 pounds, but back up 1 pound because yesterday, I had 3 things not MWL--2 tater tots (oops), 1/8 c dry roasted unsalted peanuts, and about 6 baked corn tortillas with the McDougall Potato Leek soup. (oops, make that 4 things, I added a little soy milk in the soup.) Live and learn. Today, I've been a very good girl. I expect to see the scale reflect my staying on plan better this next week.

Thanks for all the support here.

Linda
Linda Dorrill

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program