My food budget has gone rampant!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby ThatGirl156 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:02 pm

Thank you for the wealth of information Chile!!

I looked into CSAs a year and a half ago, and there is only one in my area. I've been on a waiting list to join since then. :(
Mandy Marie
ThatGirl156

Postby Riceypuffcake » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:02 pm

Daffodil wrote:I just made 3 huge lentil loaves tonight that will last a couple weeks for lunches and dinner. Total cost of all the ingredients: $3. Cool, eh? 8)

I wanna know this recipe too!

I have been eating mostly uncooked food since I'm so busy working full time and going to school full time. I have no time except sundays really. So any recipes of something that's cooked or eaten warm AND can be eaten over a few days will be a score with me! =)
03/18/12 268 Start
03/23/12 265 -3
03/30/12 263.4 -1.6

Goal is to get out of the 200's =)

Highest weight was around 315, Haven't been there in over 10 years!

Riceypuffcake

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:17 am

looks like everyone gave the suggestions I would have. I have two adults, one large dog, one cat and usually spend under $100 by a good $20. We both eat lunch from it, dinner and I bring my breakfast to work.

I do watch sales closely, and clip coupons for non food items. I stock when things are on sale (just used last years blueberries that I stock piled when on sale last year) and any cooked veggies I use frozen UNLESS I get them really cheap. I rarely buy organic cause I can't afford it.

My grain staple is rice. It's a shame you don't have a Asian market. I get my five pounds of brown jasmine rice for $3.99. It may have went up. I buy 2-3 bags and it lasts me a long time.

Most of my basket is fresh produce though, which is all I eat for breakfast and lunch.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program