MWL FEB 2010!! On plan and planning to stay that way!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: MWL FEB 2010!! On plan and planning to stay that way!

Postby Vegeloon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:34 pm

I'm excited about weigh in tomorrow. Four whole days with no junk food and doing complete mcd - mostly MWL. I'm looking forward to good numbers from this group!
What would Mc Dougall do?
Vegeloon

Postby Dechen » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:08 am

I put on 2 lb. I expected it. Things are slowly normalizing again but I still feel like I have been pulled backward through a holly bush. :?
https://mostlyfatfreemcdougall.wordpress.com/
Dechen

Location: Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan (halfway between Liverpool and Manchester) Lancashire, UK

Postby Sierra » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:54 am

My weight stayed the same this week. I'm disappointed, but at least I didn't gain. I still need to bump up the exercising.

100% MWL
Last edited by Sierra on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sierra

Postby amyla51 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:31 am

Good morning! I am excited to report a loss this week of 2.7 pounds! Yeah! :D :D :D

I think the difference for me this last month, especially since I have been back from Santa Rosa, is that I realize how seriously I need to take this. This is not a game........I have been able to stop many of my meds for GERD, BP and Diabetes, and I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK!!!! EVER!!!! I suddenly realized yesterday, that after being on GERD medicine for over 5 years, and then easing myself off of it (with Dr. McD's help) and using tums occasionally, that I have been acid reflux free for 3 days! What joy!
My DH and I are eating out only once a week, I am planning meals, and I am trying to walk every day, even in this cold weather. :eek:

I tell my friends who are scared to try this eating plan that, yes, it is hard to give up dairy and cheese and eggs, but in reality, it's not. I would much rather live healthy for a few more years than to eat a dozen eggs every week. And you know what? You can get used to ANYTHING! You can actually learn to LOVE vegetables and beans! :nod:

This way of eating is a learning process, and I think I am finaly starting to get it!

Peace and hugs to all of you,
Amy in NH :)
Amy in NH

"Potato Power!" (courtesy of Jeff Novick)
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
"On Plan and planning to stay that way." (Thanks, Letha)
amyla51

Postby freckles12 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:48 am

Congratulations on a wonderful weight loss Amy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got on the scale this morning and I weigh exactly the same as I did two weeks ago. I had been following the regular program until two days ago when I began MWL and joined this thread. I have such a big appetite and am fearful that I won't be able to loose weight even following MWL. We will see with my weigh in next Friday as I am planning to be 100% MWL this next week.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wH8BjVJ/]
[/url]
freckles12

Postby deelightful » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:05 am

Am down 2.6lbs this week :)
Mediocrity is no longer okay.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyE8bpS/]
[/url]
deelightful

Postby deelightful » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:09 am

Oops... Down 2.6lbs, 50% MWL, 25% McD, 25% SAD. I certainly could have done better in terms of consumption, but am going to start really working on that this week.
Mediocrity is no longer okay.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyE8bpS/]
[/url]
deelightful

Postby Yomom » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:21 am

Minus 2 lbs (lard birds) for me. Yeah, I am in the 160's!

I bought some almonds this week, but since I know I can't control myself around nuts, I gave them to my 17 yr old son to hide and dole out to me. I know it's not MWL to have any nuts, but I will stop when my weight loss stalls. Anyway, he now gives me 8 almonds every morning before he leaves for school - I get my little nut fix, but I can't gorge.

My size 14 pants are sliding off my hips, and my one pair of size 12 jeans are a little tight. If only the abdominal fat mounded above the size 12's would leave first; I thought it would because it was added last.

I ran into a couple of people lately, that I hadn't seen for awhile, and their eyes narrowed as they tried to figure out what had changed. Then they asked me if I'd lost weight... The big difference though is in how much more physical work I am capable of, before exhaustion. I am doing a lot of prep for moving - cleaning, purging, bending, lifting, carrying -- and can keep going without pause for 10 hours. What a change from last winter!

Hope y'all have a healthy and happy, losing week.
Yomom

Postby rebecca » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:38 am

I'm down 1 lb. today. Haven't been 100% MWL and it shows. Back to MWL :-D
Hope everone is having a great day! ;-)
rebecca

Postby NatureRabbi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:45 am

Good morning All
Yomom was the only post I read this morning since it came up as I turned on my computer -- Wonderful weight loss and great about the sizes. I too am between sizes - but it is a good thing to be in between going down the scale!! If the packing is for a move -- good luck on the move and great that you can see the energy improvement.

I finally made it to the gym yesterday and I could feel the difference of the 15 pounds I lost. I enjoyed my workout.

I am down only 1.3 this week. It is my lowest weight loss since I started and I wanted to be down 2 to be on weekly target for the 8 pound/month challenge. BUT I keep telling myself: Self, at least it went down!! and I am giving my body a chance to catch up.

My diet has been 97% MWL. The three percent is 2 TBSP of almonds and nuts and cranberries trail mix that I had several times a week before bed (after my evening shift -- around 1 a.m.). I am cutting that out for this upcoming week.

I am on plan and planning to stay that way. More determined than ever -- much of the determination is thanks to you guys.

my ticker is wrong. Got a new computer and nothing is where I can find it. Oy!
ann
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2hFRfm/]
[/url]

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN AND HEALTHY FEELS.
NatureRabbi

Postby Love the Lorax » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:05 am

Down 1.6 pounds. I had hoped for slightly better, but yesterday I wasn't as good and it shows, including extra salt so I think I retained a bit of water. 95% MWL, 3% McD, 2% off plan. I am definitely revved up to make next week go even better!
Last edited by Love the Lorax on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Love the Lorax

Postby comingtotrue » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:12 am

Released another three pounds this week.

On plan and planning to stay that way.
comingtotrue

Postby Vegeloon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:45 am

Yippee, I'm down 3.2 pounds! I'm pretty happy about that because I've only been back on track since the 1st. (4 days) I've stayed about 90% MWL, 10% regular McD, with probably just a touch of oil in the vegan black bean chili I ate at a restaurant last night. I feel great and am excited to be back in the McDougall groove! So far it has been easy and I haven't wanted to eat any junk. I'm going to get a calendar and mark it off for the number of days staying on track with McD and not eating any junk.
Congrats to all on the losses so far. Have a great weekend.
I'm planning to make ff hummus to eat with veggies for Super Bowl party. Might also do some baked potato wedges....
What would Mc Dougall do?
Vegeloon

Postby vickidau » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:24 am

(edit)
Last edited by vickidau on Wed May 12, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vickidau

Postby Jackie J » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:14 pm

I'm up 9 pounds to 156 since the last time I weighed in - a move to a new home and office and personal stress did me in and I feel terrible about it - some people wouldn't let this stuff pull them off course - but now on track and planning to stay that way --
Have a good week everyone.
Jackie J

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program