Today is the big day~

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:18 pm

yum fresh dates. I haven't had a fresh date before. :lol: really I haven't.

yeah it's those intestines that I was referring to. My god. You know those middle of the night infomercials. There is one talking about John Wayne dying with 40 lbs of crap in him. That we all have massive amounts stuck tot he walls. Well I'm wondering if that isn't true now with as much as I'm going.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Cindee » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:24 pm

I saw that recently. I don't know how much truth there is to that. I think they want to sell their product. No doubt we have a lot up there if we haven't been eating properly. I really believe it's those people who don't eat or believe in fiber foods that have a tougher problem. I know a gal who just refused to eat vegetables. Actually tries to choke them down, and can't. So, her cardiovascular doc tells her to buy metamucil. I know that works as they say, but fresh fiber is best. When you go days and you don't have a BM, I would think that maybe such a person might have 40 lbs. of that build up in them. I would also bet that with the smoking it probably all baked on. Not just the food, but it's gross to think about. Eating McDougall just goes in there and cleanses things out. I always feel better when I eat this way. I'm hoping to stick with it. Sounds faithless doesn't it? But, i'm a tryin'

Cindee
"I advocate eating in the healthiest manner possible. Your body will naturally move to a healthier weight, at the speed it chooses, not some predetermined rate set by someone’s opinion." Dr. Joel Fuhrman, MD
Cindee

Day 5

Postby KareninTN » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:12 pm

This is my last day, well, at least until Monday, when I'll need to go back on and undo the results of the birthday celebration weekend. At least I'm starting from a lower place. Tomorrow I'll post the official results of five days of being as good as I know how. :)

breakfast: oats, blueberries, banana
lunch: salad, potato, spinach and broccoli
snack: watermelon
supper: bean salad, sweet potato, raw veggies

karenturtle
McDougalling since summer, 2005. Maintaining my 100 pound weight loss since summer, 2007. My Star McDougaller stories: video written
KareninTN

Postby Cindee » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:06 pm

Faith in DC...maybe there is some truth to that now that I think about it. I just checked out a new book by Natalia Rose on Raw Foods and she talks about that in her book how years of eating bad foods...even decades is still in there and that is why people gain wait there is no where for it to go so it adds weight to he body and a whole bunch of other stuff. Oh boy.

Something else to worry about.

I'm tired. Need to go and have some watermelon so I can have something sweet then retire for the evening.

Take care all
Cindee
"I advocate eating in the healthiest manner possible. Your body will naturally move to a healthier weight, at the speed it chooses, not some predetermined rate set by someone’s opinion." Dr. Joel Fuhrman, MD
Cindee

Postby Cindee » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:26 pm

Yikes! does it have to be like this? Day 2 and I feel like I've got the flu. Near the lu for more than 2 hours. When is it going to stop?!! I've done well too!!

Help! :oops: :shock: :-(
Cindee

Postby Mart » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:11 am

Good Luck Cindee

I started tha MWL in June of 1994 I lost 125lbs and have never looked back, it's easy, try as many reciepts as possible stay focused and you will be rewarded.
The truth is not a matter of opinion.
Mart

Postby Cindee » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:15 am

How long did it take for the weight to come off.

I'll tell you, I've been up since 3 am this morning and I'm doing okay right now.

I did have to make myself some homemade chicken stock and noodles because I felt so horrible. Doubt that it helped, but I was feeling awfully weak.

I hope this week it gets better. I guess I have a lot of garbage in my system.

Thanks for the support. These first few days are the toughest.

Cindee
Cindee

Postby KareninTN » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:46 pm

So my total results for 5 days on MWL was 2.4 pounds; I think that's quite respectable. I'll be back on Monday after my birthday weekend celebration to resume efforts. Thanks for the company on the journey.

karenturtle
McDougalling since summer, 2005. Maintaining my 100 pound weight loss since summer, 2007. My Star McDougaller stories: video written
KareninTN

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:42 pm

Way to go Karen! For the week I'm down 1.6 - considering I hadn't been budging and I really ate a lot this week, I'm happy. Plus I may be older than many of ya.

Cindee, were you having the problems I was? My stomach was ok, but I had diahrrea. I know I felt like I couldn't be too far away either. I lightened up some of the weekend to give things a rest. I had some white flour. Back on today. I think I'll continue going at it like this if I keep getting results.

HOpe you are getting back to normal Cindee.
Faith
Faith in DC

Postby Cindee » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:57 pm

Hi There:

Yes, I was. Got on the scale this morning and I am down 4.5 lbs. I guess it was all worth it. I feel sooooooooooo much better today.

I'm eating only when hungry. Don't have any set timetable when to eat, I am trying very hard to stay intune with my body and eat only when I am hungry. I know I already said that. But, it's working and I feel so much peace.

I'm heading on another week. (Actually I started last Thursday, so I am technically on day 5, but I will call it he beginning of the second week since I had a rough beginning.

Hope all are well and having a great time.

Cindee
Cindee

Postby Cindee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:36 am

Karen in TN:

Hi! Looks like you're doing wonderful! Congratulations on your consistency and for keeping things interesting and flavorful.

Would you mind sharing all of your wonderful dressings you listed?

I'm stuck between bbq sauce and hot sauce. Would love a change.

Thanks so much!
Cindee
Cindee

Postby KareninTN » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:06 am

Well, I WAS doing wonderful...I'm too embarrassed to tell you how much I managed to gain in just one weekend of celebrating. :o However, I've been back on track since yesterday; the weight will follow along in due time. I don't think you'll find me inside a restaurant again for a VERY long time. It really wasn't worth it to undo all my hard work. Live and learn :oops:

The Honey BBQ sauce and Ginger Stir-Fry sauce and Thai Peanut sauce come from www.mrspice.com. I really enjoy their products - no oil, salt, wheat or soy, and they taste really good! (hard to believe, I know)

The three fatfree salad dressings I used last week were: Consorzio Raspberry & Balsamic, Consorzio Mango and Maple Grove Farms Maple Fig. I get those in Kroger and Fresh Market.

karenturtle, not using her ticker anytime soon :shock:
KareninTN

Postby Cindee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:15 pm

Thank You.

I know, and truly understand. I've been there so many times, and I must agree it isn't worth all the hard work. We live and learn and move on. But payback is heck isn't it? I know and I feel for you.

My little guy came in this morning and said he wants to go to Outback soon. I told him I'd come and watch everyone. Mom will eat and visit, but I won't be ordering anything except maybe a potato. I'm not much of a potato person, I prefer brown rice, but for this once IF we do go, it's the potato for me and possibly steamed broccoli, but they sometimes forget and put butter on the stuff and I'll just have to send it back.

I've saved a ton of grocery money eating home instead of out. Makes me sick to think of all the dough I spent over the past several years eating out because we were all too tired to fix it at home and not only fix it at home, but make it taste even better than restaurant food. Live and learn once again.

I could have purchased a new car with all that we've spent. Sure adds up. But, you can't replace the memories and that is where I keep my focus.

But, the kids know Mama isn't eating out at FF restaurants anymore. Ain't a happenin' 8)

Hoping you are on the mend soon.

Every time I think of eating something that sounds and tastes good, I immediately try to talk myself into where I will be sitting for the next 24 hours or how horrible my stomach will feel for the next 2 days and I finally see that I can't take the abuse my body goes through with poor eating choices.

Thanks so much for the recipes and salad dressings location. You must be in mid-west. I lived in Illinois for awhile and I remember a Krogers there. I'm on the West Coast near San Francisco. I'm sure I can find that dressing somewhere. I'll do an on-line search first.

Have a great week!
Cindee :)
Cindee

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:49 pm

Oh Karen I feel for ya. I get so mad at myself when I splurge and gain a ton in a short period of time. What's sickening, it takes like weeks to get it off. Hopefully your body doesn't punish you as bad as mine does.

Cindee, does outback have sweet potatoes? One of those steak places do. Thought it was them. As you can see it's been like 10 yrs since I was at one. Not a place we go. Usually my family prefers their own grilled steak to a restaurant.
Faith
Faith in DC

Postby Cindee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:01 pm

I don't know. I usually get the same thing over and over. But, it has been a long time. It's used to be a salad with the pecans, garlic mashed potatoes and chicken or rib-eye I think. I can't even remember, but I do usually stay with the chicken. That was then. Haven't seen sweet potaotes on the menu and frankly never asked, but I love those little buggers.

I've usually heat them in the over and I guess we can now pour sweet maple syrup on them. But, not MWL right? Just veggies.

:-D
Cindee

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program