Sunday morning weigh-in

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby deebee » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:56 am

javascript:emoticon(':-D')

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVajes9/]
[/url]

Hi everyone. Missed last weeks weigh in, mostly because I didn't how to use this forum and put in my ticker. I am very happy. I haven't been hungry one time by sticking to the 4 food groups: veggies, fruit, grains and legumes. I don't miss cheese at all! Since starting on 1/7/08 I am down 15.5 pounds and lost 3.5 inches from my waist. Before this I never ate breakfast. I now eat the same breakfast everyday and truly believe it is the secret....steel cut oatmeal set out in the crock pot the evening before. I eat that with fresh berries, a few walnuts, ground flax seeds and soy milk! I have also pushed myself to eat more veggies which takes effort. I had raw kale in my salad and now I want it added every time! Not that it tastes so wonderfully, but because when I see it in the bowl, I think...vitamins, health, strength. I don't want to be one of those "unhealthy vegans". Stay the course everyone. There is peace of mind when you control your food rather than letting it control you. DeeBee
deebee

Postby Jackie J » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:19 pm

157.5 - down a pound from last week -- going down too slowly for my taste - i think i'll increase my veggie consumption and cut back on the potatoes
Jackie J

Postby LJ » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:12 pm

Weighed in at 200 this morning. UGH!! I was hoping to be in one-der land today. No biggie. Now down 17 lbs. since January 2nd. I'm still going down, even with the occasional cheat on the weekends. I'm way happy!

"The food you put into your body is the single most powerful factor that determines your health and well being." Dr. John A. McDougall, MD
LJ

Postby Sierra » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:25 pm

Down another pound!!!
Sierra

Postby susie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:26 am

LJ wrote:Weighed in at 200 this morning. UGH!! I was hoping to be in one-der land today. No biggie. Now down 17 lbs. since January 2nd. I'm still going down, even with the occasional cheat on the weekends. I'm way happy!

It will happen LJ. I know it is frustrating, but it is happening right now inside you. It just isn't showing up on the scales yet.
susie

Postby LJ » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:05 am

susie wrote:
LJ wrote:Weighed in at 200 this morning. UGH!! I was hoping to be in one-der land today. No biggie. Now down 17 lbs. since January 2nd. I'm still going down, even with the occasional cheat on the weekends. I'm way happy!

It will happen LJ. I know it is frustrating, but it is happening right now inside you. It just isn't showing up on the scales yet.

You are so correct Susie!! I'm really focusing on my eating and exercising and trying not to be so consumed by the scale. I feel SO great already!! I've also lost 2 1/2 inches off my waist since Jan. 2nd, so thats a big improvement. Jeans are getting loose too....I try to pay attention to that stuff more so than the scale. I FEEL the changes happening and it feels great!!!!!

"The food you put into your body is the single most powerful factor that determines your health and well being." Dr. John A. McDougall, MD
LJ

Postby veggieguy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:15 pm

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wAohbt7/]
[/url]

Well gained a pound, but waistline stayed the same. Guess I can no longer put off exercise. Monday it begins and I'm not counting snow shoveling, because that just seems to stress my system. 13 minutes on ellip Monday. It's a start. I probably ate too much comfort fat this past week too.

Stay strong everyone. This is for the long-haul. Take Care.
veggieguy

Postby deebee » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:29 pm

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVajes9/]
[/url]

oops...messed up my ticker again. Well today I weigh less than 200 lbs for the first time in MANY years. I want to keep going, see my energy level improve. Keep going everyone. DeeBee
deebee

Postby Jackie J » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:14 pm

I was 157.5 - so down to 155 -- 2 1/2 pounds given back out to the universe
i'm going to focus on more exercise - eat the same as I did last week -
and see if I can give back 3 pounds this week - really stretch myself.
wishing everyone a week of healthful eating....
Jackie J

Postby LJ » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:45 pm

198 yesterday....down 19 lbs since 1/2. Yeah!! Below 200!!!!!

LJ

Postby susie » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:02 pm

DeeBee congratulations. Great you made uit into the one hundreds.
susie

Postby dlb » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:01 pm

Deebee & LJ -

Out of the 2s!!! That's something to celebrate!!! Congratulations.

Donna
To read how the McDougall Program helped me reach my goals, go here:

http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/donna_byrnes.html
dlb

Postby susie » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:01 am

Gosh I missed your post LJ, congratulations and well done. Now there is no going back to the 200s.
susie

Postby LJ » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:56 am

susie wrote:Gosh I missed your post LJ, congratulations and well done. Now there is no going back to the 200s.

Amen sister!!!!!

LJ

Tuesday!!

Postby deebee » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi everyone. I am sending out this early message to encourage you all. Tuesday feels a long way from Sunday but...it seems that one of the biggest reasons vegan is the right course for health changes is because it is so definitive. To say, No I don't eat meat and dairy really puts you on the spot. went to a family party this past weekend. We brought vegan pizza and salad while everyone else had beef and cake. Was it hard? Sure, but mostly because of the reactions of others. I felt weird, like I am no longer part of the tribe, you know? Family were trying to be supportive but really, in between bites, kind of annoyed with us. I have learned that taking this path causes STRONG reactions from others. Something gets stirred. They become more intense if you move from, "I do this for my health....to I can no longer justify the cruelty that is caused by my food choices." YIKES!!! Now you are not only a party pooper but you may as well be a communist. My mother actually said that I am no fun anymore. Maybe you found yourself saddened to see the footage of the cows being "mistreated" in California. If I had the ear of any of the current presidential candidate right now.... that would be my question. What do you think about our current FDA practices....for the almighty dollar of fast food? Universal Health care??? What will we pay for...people slowly killing themselves? OK by now you are saying to your screen...chill out DeeBee!! This is just a place to mark our progress each week. I want to send out support to each one of you, maybe you are here because you are ill and in pain. The "diet" can feel like a sentance, too difficult. Don't be hard on yourself if you slip. I know you won't be of me if my next blog is to share that I waivered, fell totally off the wagon. And I will share it with you. By opening myself up to the things I don't want to see, you know, "meet your meat" stuff, those nutty peta people, I gain strength in my conviction. Why not let it be about THAT for awhile? It really has helped me. Be strong! DeeBee
deebee

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program