May 2017 McDougall Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: May 2017 McDougall Weigh-In Group

Postby RoseKatherine » Sun May 07, 2017 6:36 am

How do you create a signature?
RoseKatherine

Postby Qwerty988 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:32 am

RoseKatherine wrote:How do you create a signature?

Click on User Control Panel..... then click on the Profile tab..... then click on Edit Signature.
Qwerty988

Postby RoseKatherine » Sun May 07, 2017 7:45 am

Thank you Qwerty988. It worked.
RoseKatherine

Postby Svenja » Sun May 07, 2017 2:04 pm

amandamechele wrote:Svenja - Your weekend sounds lovely...I'm so glad you find time for fun and relaxation while studying and setting up a new business. Tai Chi! Fantastic!

It was great ... finally to sunny weather ... we did a 27 km tour. For picknick I had fruit salad and a bun with a kidney-bean-burger. The others had coffee, cake and biscuits.

Monday evening Tai Chi is a highlight of the week, even though I have to drive over an hour to get there ... it keeps me flexible and in tune with my ability to move smoothly (despite the weight) ... so that I can work well with my clients.

Setting up the practice is really an adventure ... it is beyond my wildest dreams!!! Just ordered the new flooring and bought all it needs for a restroom for the clients. At the moment I am working 70% in my normal job and 30% seeing clients. If I pass all the planned senior exams, I am planning on moving to 60% / 40% or even 50% / 50% ...
First of the 4 big exams this year is in 4 weeks!! :eek:

Have a great week everyone!
Svenja.

(How do I upload a photo?)
03.03.17 = 245 lbs
Svenja

Postby Chelspaz » Mon May 08, 2017 8:14 am

Phew! What a crazy last couple of weeks! Had a blast in LA with my bestie [who initially inspired me to go vegan/plant-based last June]! We biked around Venice Beach and the Santa Monica Pier, hiked the trails near the Griffith Observatory to get wonderful views of the city, mountains, and the Hollywood sign, and geeked out at LA VegFest! If anyone is interested in seeing a few highlights of our trip, check out my Instagram page. Just click my Instagram name in my signature. :D

Needless to say, when we were in LA I did not weigh myself...and last weekend I did weigh but didn't bother "counting" it as obviously I fluctuated a bit from traveling, eating out during my vacation, and the chaos of getting back to reality lol. I actually didn't gain as much as I thought I would, just a little over a pound, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Today I am kicking myself back into gear! No more eating out (other than maybe a treat or two on the weekends) and getting back to the movie room at my gym! VegFest was so inspiring and getting to meet my current weight loss inspiration, Hannah Howlett (AKA High Carb Hannah), has renewed my motivation and I'm so ready to get back on track!!
Chelspaz

Postby ANNAUK » Mon May 08, 2017 2:55 pm

Hey all. Could I ask for anyone to post a typical day of meals? I feel a bit lost lately. Normally having oatmeal or green smoothie. Salad sandwich then veggie and grain tea. Do you all sort of stick to the same things? I need easy and cheap xx
ANNAUK

Postby ANNAUK » Mon May 08, 2017 2:57 pm

Chelspaz wrote:Phew! What a crazy last couple of weeks! Had a blast in LA with my bestie [who initially inspired me to go vegan/plant-based last June]! We biked around Venice Beach and the Santa Monica Pier, hiked the trails near the Griffith Observatory to get wonderful views of the city, mountains, and the Hollywood sign, and geeked out at LA VegFest! If anyone is interested in seeing a few highlights of our trip, check out my Instagram page. Just click my Instagram name in my signature. :D

Needless to say, when we were in LA I did not weigh myself...and last weekend I did weigh but didn't bother "counting" it as obviously I fluctuated a bit from traveling, eating out during my vacation, and the chaos of getting back to reality lol. I actually didn't gain as much as I thought I would, just a little over a pound, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Today I am kicking myself back into gear! No more eating out (other than maybe a treat or two on the weekends) and getting back to the movie room at my gym! VegFest was so inspiring and getting to meet my current weight loss inspiration, Hannah Howlett (AKA High Carb Hannah), has renewed my motivation and I'm so ready to get back on track!!

We have our local veg fest in a couple of weeks and I'm away. So gutted as every year I promise to go and life gets in the way. One day ..... xx
ANNAUK

Postby RoseKatherine » Mon May 08, 2017 3:16 pm

My typical breakfast is overnight oatmeal with fruit and cinnamon. I stopped doing smoothies since McDougall and Essylsten don't recommend them, although I like them. Lunch is salad or veggie wrap. Dinner veggies and a starch. In between I may snack on an apple, or raw veggies with bean dip or homemade ff hummus.
I often make a big pot of soup or stew or a casserole and have that everyday. It cuts down on the cooking.

I find I do best when I keep it simple. Occasionally will make a tofu scramble or pancakes. I'm stricter since I joined the MWL group. I hope everyone's week is going well.
RoseKatherine

Postby Qwerty988 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:24 am

ANNAUK wrote:Hey all. Could I ask for anyone to post a typical day of meals? I feel a bit lost lately. Normally having oatmeal or green smoothie. Salad sandwich then veggie and grain tea. Do you all sort of stick to the same things? I need easy and cheap xx

I've posted every meal I've had for the past few months on MWL here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=54829&p=562136#p562136

Easy, quick and cheap sounds like Jeff's SNAP meal plan! https://www.drmcdougall.com/pdf/Advance ... t_3-13.pdf

Hope this helps :)
Qwerty988

Postby Qwerty988 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:26 am

Chelspaz wrote:Phew! What a crazy last couple of weeks! Had a blast in LA with my bestie [who initially inspired me to go vegan/plant-based last June]! We biked around Venice Beach and the Santa Monica Pier, hiked the trails near the Griffith Observatory to get wonderful views of the city, mountains, and the Hollywood sign, and geeked out at LA VegFest! If anyone is interested in seeing a few highlights of our trip, check out my Instagram page. Just click my Instagram name in my signature. :D

Yayyy -- how fun to meet High Carb Hannah!! Sounds like a great time, well done! :-D
Qwerty988

Postby Chelspaz » Tue May 09, 2017 8:05 am

Qwerty988 wrote:Yayyy -- how fun to meet High Carb Hannah!! Sounds like a great time, well done! :-D

This is my friend and I with Hannah and her husband Derek [top] as well as with the couple behind the YouTube channel "Happy Healthy Vegan" [bottom]. These people were the main people my friend and I were there to meet, so we are so happy we got the opportunity to do so. [FYI, I'm the brown-headed one 2nd from the left in both photos.]

ANNAUK wrote:We have our local veg fest in a couple of weeks and I'm away. So gutted as every year I promise to go and life gets in the way. One day ..... xx

Life does just get in the way sometimes and it sucks! We were lucky we got to pull this trip off as we flew from SC to CA...was a great trip though and we would love to go every year now...but we'll see how life is going each year and decide from there. :-D
Chelspaz

Postby Qwerty988 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:38 am

Chelspaz thanks for the pics!!! It really does sound like great fun :-D

I haven't heard of the Happy Healthy Vegan youtube channel -- I'll def be checking that one out next!
Qwerty988

Postby amandamechele » Tue May 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Svenja wrote:It was great ... finally to sunny weather ... we did a 27 km tour. For picknick I had fruit salad and a bun with a kidney-bean-burger. The others had coffee, cake and biscuits.

Monday evening Tai Chi is a highlight of the week, even though I have to drive over an hour to get there ... it keeps me flexible and in tune with my ability to move smoothly (despite the weight) ... so that I can work well with my clients.

Setting up the practice is really an adventure ... it is beyond my wildest dreams!!! Just ordered the new flooring and bought all it needs for a restroom for the clients. At the moment I am working 70% in my normal job and 30% seeing clients. If I pass all the planned senior exams, I am planning on moving to 60% / 40% or even 50% / 50% ...
First of the 4 big exams this year is in 4 weeks!! :eek:

Have a great week everyone!
Svenja.

(How do I upload a photo?)

Lovely lunch! And I hope to find an activity that I love, as much as you love yours. :)
Best wishes for your studies.

With regards to uploading photos, I use Flickr. Upload my photos there and then copy the link and paste it here in between the code [img]paste%20link%20here[/img].
I have better instructions somewhere here and I'll look for them and re-post them.
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Tue May 09, 2017 7:05 pm

I love the photos! Thanks for sharing. :-D You look great, so happy!!
Best wishes getting back in gear this week.
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Tue May 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Qwerty988 wrote:
ANNAUK wrote:Hey all. Could I ask for anyone to post a typical day of meals? I feel a bit lost lately. Normally having oatmeal or green smoothie. Salad sandwich then veggie and grain tea. Do you all sort of stick to the same things? I need easy and cheap xx

I've posted every meal I've had for the past few months on MWL here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=54829&p=562136#p562136

Easy, quick and cheap sounds like Jeff's SNAP meal plan! https://www.drmcdougall.com/pdf/Advance ... t_3-13.pdf

Hope this helps :)

Hi Anna,

I, also, post my meals in a journal...but only intermittently and in photo format. Here is a link if you want to take a look:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=36241&start=45#p528774

Yesterday's meals were pretty simple:
Potatos and chard and potato soup. The journal photos are a bit more fancy...lol...I haven't been feeling much like cooking this week. I also had some banana mango sorbet made in the vitamix, but I neglect to photograph it.

Qwerty988 I'm going to eventually set up a ticker like Rose Katherine, thank you for the instructions. Also, I look forward to checking out your meal link! :)
amandamechele

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program