May'09 - MWL, "ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Letha. » Sun May 24, 2009 12:08 pm

Checking in. I’m on plan and planning to stay that way. I’ll check back tomorrow.
Letha
Letha.

Postby Starchyme » Sun May 24, 2009 1:07 pm

Great going, Mary. I'm also re-starting my strength training program.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby LauraA » Sun May 24, 2009 4:06 pm

I just got back from a weekend of staying with my mom. She is 89, has Alzheimer's and is blind, and her husband is 94 and just had surgery. It is all pretty sad. Anyway, I'm home now. Food was challenging, but I did fine, and mostly took my own food with me. What has suffered for the last couple of weeks for me is exercise. Tomorrow is a new day, right? I've mostly just been walking a little, but we've had lots of rainy days. I'm getting back on track tomorrow. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Monday

Postby seestorcoo » Mon May 25, 2009 5:05 am

argh...too early. On plan and planning to stay that way. My plan for the next WEEK is:

Stay 100% McDougall.
If family wants to go out to eat, choose a place I can stay on plan.
Make my own food as much as possible.
Don't eat any unhealthy airport food.
No emotional eating from being around my family.
Revel in their amazement at my weight loss.
Continue to lose weight while on vacation.
If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits.
seestorcoo

Postby toadfood » Mon May 25, 2009 6:51 am

Sounds like a great plan, seestorcoo. Have fun on your trip!

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby Letha. » Mon May 25, 2009 8:01 pm

Checking in. I’m on plan and planning to stay that way. I’ll check back tomorrow.
Letha
Letha.

Postby LauraA » Mon May 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Today I got going with the exercise - I rode my bike for a little over an hour - 10 miles. I've done well with eating too - 4 meals, no snacks. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

Letha
LauraA

Postby droxine » Tue May 26, 2009 9:05 am

I love this thread, and as a newcomer, the turtle energy idea. I took a picture of a box turtle by my stream this weekend, so he's my new avatar. I have my meals planned today, and am going to enjoy them!

Droxine
droxine

Postby LauraA » Tue May 26, 2009 9:20 am

droxine wrote:I love this thread, and as a newcomer, the turtle energy idea. I took a picture of a box turtle by my stream this weekend, so he's my new avatar. I have my meals planned today, and am going to enjoy them!

Droxine
I like it !! LauraA
Take care, LauraA

Letha
LauraA

Postby cowgirrlup » Tue May 26, 2009 9:59 am

Wow, did I go off program this last 5 or 6 days. I am ashamed of myself and I am breaking the cycle today. I am back on plan...but I gained 8 pounds..hopefully some is water...sheesh. The food was all vegan, but not all MWL and not all healthy for me and I ate way too much of it all.

I know what set it off and its sooo dumb! I was self sabotaging my MWL because I have a Doctor's appt coming up in a few weeks. My Doctor has a habit of giving those nasty looks of disapproval at my weight and here I was subconciously living down to his expectations! The nerve of my subconcious! :D

I am going to fight that little voice that calls me a failure and work extra hard to silence it forever!

I know I can do it, I just got side tracked...

WE can do this!
cowgirrlup

Postby Faith in DC » Tue May 26, 2009 10:49 am

cowgirlup all you can do is keep fighting. It's what happens in the long run. By fighting the off times will become farther apart from eachother, and you'll notice that the off times also become shorter in duration. I'm at the point that a meal of off time is it, that's all I want. I like feeling better too much.

Droxine - I love the avatar box turtle photo. Gosh I haven't seen one of them in so long. We use to have them in my area.

Toadfood - amazing what that white flour will do isn't it.

I've had a good weekend being physical in the garden. Really to tackle another week.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby cowgirrlup » Tue May 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Faith in DC wrote:cowgirlup all you can do is keep fighting. It's what happens in the long run. By fighting the off times will become farther apart from eachother, and you'll notice that the off times also become shorter in duration. I'm at the point that a meal of off time is it, that's all I want. I like feeling better too much.

Droxine - I love the avatar box turtle photo. Gosh I haven't seen one of them in so long. We use to have them in my area.

Toadfood - amazing what that white flour will do isn't it.

I've had a good weekend being physical in the garden. Really to tackle another week.

Thank you. I truly thought I was past the major traps...I was so wrong! I also thought an occasional meal off was all I'd ever do, but whoa! I jumped in the snack trough with both feet.

I am over it and I am on track today.

WE can do this.
cowgirrlup

Postby Letha. » Tue May 26, 2009 2:31 pm

Letha
Letha.

Postby droxine » Tue May 26, 2009 4:46 pm

After having a day of lovely meals, I'm quite stuffed and happy. But I also realize that there are foods in the house that are going to have to go, or I will eventually cave in and eat them. There's bread in the freezer and cheese in the fridge, and chips in the cupboard. Even though I'm full, I keep thinking of these foods, probably because I'm not supposed to eat them. It's amazing how I can psych myself out. :(
Anyway, they're all going. Even though I admit I don't have a lot of will-power, I do know myself. I guess that's something. :)

Droxine
droxine

Postby slugmom » Tue May 26, 2009 7:15 pm

argh, I was gone for 5 days and did GREAT while away, and my weight was down and I was so excited and encouraged and I came home and BLEW IT and am so DIScouraged and frustrated. BUT I know falling farther in the pit won't help, and I dont want to lose the ground I gained (or is that gained the ground I lost) and so I! Am! Back! On! Track! :mad:
- Kim

slugmom

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program