JUNE '09 MWL "ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Jackie J » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:34 am

stayed the same at 154.5 - I'm happy considering I had to eat out 3X this week. I have 2 dinners out this coming week as well but am aiming for at least a 1 pound loss.
Jackie J

Stayed the Same

Postby Bambie113 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:02 am

Good morning everyone! Great job on the losses!
I stayed the same this week. I haven't been preparing anything lately and eating out ALOT! That didn't work out to well for me and the scale. But I prepared today and tomorrows lunch/snacks for work so I'm starting this week off right!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTiqtcQ/]
[/url]
Bambie113

Postby Faith in DC » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:22 am

I was up a pound. I won't be checking in next week. I'm gone tomorrow through next week. I hope everyone has a good week, and makes wise choices.

Mommylut sorry to hear about your surgery. I hope it helps.
Laura glad you made it back. Darn the month went so fast.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:50 am

Letha, you are amazing. How do you do it? You have consistently lost each and every week. And you didn't re-gain the wieght after you got sick.

I'm up one pound.

No big surprise here because last week I was down 2.2, and that was the day after I'd had the sigmoidoscopy that required being "cleaned out". So, last week I was artificially low.

Yesterday I donated blood, so I didn't exercise that day and I ate more than usual, and not all MWL. I had a bagel (plain), and for dinner ate quite a large bowl of buckwheat noodles and veggies. So, that's two flour products. Oh, yeah, then there were the chocolate covered almonds.

So, I know what I need to do to get back on track, and that began today.

Here's where I have a habit of messing up: I ride BART to work. Exit the station and have to walk past all kinds of places that sell goodies I should not eat. The best choice among those places sells freshly baked bagels, and that's the one place I still get sucked into. I can pass on Starbucks, Tully's. Primo's and Peet's, but a freshly baked bagel is heavenly. And fat-free. Yet, when I eat them, I don't lose weight.

Then, there's the stash of candy in the office next door. She only likes dark chocolate, and only the high end stuff--just like me. I only buy it to replentish what I take from her. And it just screams out to me.
Vanilla Orchid

Thursday weigh in

Postby Riva » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:01 am

No change and happy!
Riva
Riva

Postby cowgirrlup » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:07 am

Stayed the same...kind of surprised, but its OK, I'll take it.
I have bursts of being a lady, but it doesn't last long.

The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating.
cowgirrlup

Postby Calantha » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:21 pm

I didn't lose anything this week but didn't gain, either, so I'm glad for that.
Calantha

Calantha

Postby MelissaB » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:39 pm

I'm down 0.4 this week.
MelissaB

Postby slugmom » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:52 pm

down 2.0 after CT trip

my June Total - down 6.6
my Grand Total - down 16.0
- Kim

slugmom

On plan

Postby seestorcoo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:14 pm

and planning to stay that way. Down 2 lbs this week. My plan today is to:

Feel better.

100% MWL.
If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits.
seestorcoo

Postby Felini » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:24 pm

I gained two lbs. this week.

I am determined to get back on track.

I hope everyone has a healthy week.

Felini

"I know I can, I know You can!"
Felini

Postby Letha. » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:31 pm

Vanilla Orchid wrote:Letha, you are amazing. How do you do it? You have consistently lost each and every week. And you didn't re-gain the wieght after you got sick.

I don’t think it’s all that amazing. I only have McDougall food in my house and I seldom go anywhere. My ongoing health issues keep me motivated to stay on plan. My Basal metabolic rate (BMR=the amount of energy expended while at rest) is 2500 calories per day. That’s based on my current weight. It was even higher when I started. 2500 calories per day of McDougall food is a lot of food. It would be almost impossible to maintain a weight of 400-500 pounds only eating McDougall food. As I continue to lose weight my BMR will go down and the weight loss will either slow down or I’ll have to cut back a little bit or start exercising which I’m not doing right now.

Here is a link if you want to check your BMR.
Letha

http://health.discovery.com/tools/calcu ... basal.html
Letha.

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:43 pm

Letha. wrote:
Vanilla Orchid wrote:Letha, you are amazing. How do you do it? You have consistently lost each and every week. And you didn't re-gain the wieght after you got sick.

I don’t think it’s all that amazing. I only have McDougall food in my house and I seldom go anywhere. My ongoing health issues keep me motivated to stay on plan. My Basal metabolic rate (BMR=the amount of energy expended while at rest) is 2500 calories per day. That’s based on my current weight. It was even higher when I started. 2500 calories per day of McDougall food is a lot of food. It would be almost impossible to maintain a weight of 400-500 pounds only eating McDougall food. As I continue to lose weight my BMR will go down and the weight loss will either slow down or I’ll have to cut back a little bit or start exercising which I’m not doing right now.

Here is a link if you want to check your BMR.
Letha

http://health.discovery.com/tools/calcu ... basal.html

NOT FAIR!!! My BMR is only 1231.4. That's not a whole lot of food. :x
Vanilla Orchid

Postby Shackwacky » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:39 pm

That's an interesting site. My BMR is 1560, which seems to be a pretty adequate amount of food considering this is the amount of energy you would use if you just laid in bed.

I do 30 minutes each morning on my bike, and either walk my dogs for another 30-60 or garden each night. Plus all the energy you use during the day, up and downstairs, shopping, working, whatever.

Today I ate rice with veggies for breakfast, an apple and a banana for a snack, rice with veggies for lunch (in a rut ha ha) and just finished off a large potato with homemade salsa. I am not sure what the calories are there, but I don't imaging I am going over.

(Yet). My son's birthday today and there is pizza and ice cream in my kitchen. I am avoiding that part of the house altogether.

Congrats and the losses this month and see you in the July thread!
Shackwacky

Postby Love the Lorax » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:23 am

I forgot to post yesterday. Up .2, but considering that I went out to dinner and didn't behave.. ahem... well, I know WHY my weight went up a bit and I have no one to blame but me. Things will be better this coming week.
Love the Lorax

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program