July 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: July 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby inverts99 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:40 pm

Friday Weigh In
Starting Weight - 278.6
Height 5' 10"
I am looking forward to this MWL program.
inverts99

Postby Jan Daley » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:38 pm

Hi all, I would really like to join this group.
Jan Daley

Postby MelMoore » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:17 pm

Weight change: -1.6 (since the 1st)

A 10-Point Checklist for Maximum Weight Loss

Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. (Doing good)
Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. (Doing good)
Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. (My biggest thing is salt, so I'm trying to cut back and have done a much better job since the 1st.)
Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). (Done)
Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). (Done)
Eliminate any added oil. (Done)
Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. (Done)
Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). (Done)
Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. (Doing good)
Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). (I'm not up to 30 minutes yet, but am planning to start!)

I started at 247 and today got to 199.6!!! It was so exciting to finally be in the one hundreds! I'm so glad to be a part of this group. It's so helpful to have all the info for doing this way of eating available like this. It makes it so much quicker to learn. Thank you so much for having this group!
MelMoore

Postby ukeplayer » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:22 pm

Zero change in weight today.
The hardest part of the checklist for me will be eliminating high fat foods like nut butter, tahini in my hummus, guacamole in my tacos, and white flour.
ukeplayer

Postby AnnieB20 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:32 pm

I just joined this group. My goal is to lose 20 pounds. Where do I post my weekly weight? Thanks so much for hosting this group!

My starting weight is 144.
Height 5’4”.
Last edited by AnnieB20 on Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnnieB20

Postby laura_delao » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:33 pm

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. :)
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals. Choose fruit for dessert. :)
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. :)
4. Eliminate all animal foods. :)
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods. :)
6. Eliminate any added oil. :)
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. :cry: but greatly reducing
8.Don’t drink your calories. :)
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full.. :-D
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily. :cry: working on a plan

Today: 138.6
Started: 140.2 June 30, 2020
Change - 1.6

I want to see how much more weight I can lose. I had a pre-diabetes diagnosis and my a1c is now at 6.0 from 6.7, I hope it will drop even more. My husband and I went plant based in July 2017 after I watched What the Health. My husband had a heart attack in 2014 and had two stents put in and we had been trying to eat better following the American Heart Association recommendations. So glad we found plant based.
laura_delao

Postby RiceBurner » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:50 pm

Starting weight 192 lbs.
Just getting underway. Only about 75 % good, but that's a big improvement. :|
RiceBurner

Postby VivianS » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:47 pm

I noticed at the bottom that named participants and guests are reading the posts. I am logged in, but I don't see my name listed. Have I left something undone? Am I still a guest or will my name not be listed while I am reading the posts of others? VivianS 7/4/2020
VivianS

Postby NatalieJ » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:07 am

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay for my first weigh in. I had to go out and buy a scale.

My weight is 155.87lbs.

Thank you.
Natalie
NatalieJ

Postby jenniferhopeful_ » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:09 am

Well, I didn't end up getting the new scale I wanted for this, but according to mine I am 147 pounds this morning. 5'4". I'm 49 and went vegetarian when I was 18 and vegan at 27. Just in recent times, though, really upping the ante on fruits and vegetables, leaning more WFPB. Unfortunately, though, I've had a pretty bad year personally and professionally, and have put on 26 pounds. I'm prone to binge eating and just went bananas, add in menopause and (before COVID) started eating out and ordering take out several times a week, which I had never done in the past. So I am trying to get it together now. I have done okay with the MWL guidelines. I did cheat and have a half glass of soy milk and half of whole wheat English muffin before bed tonight. Ugh. I have a hard time not having any soy milk or bread, and I got weak. But aside from that I have completely adhered. I've been eating super clean as of late, just too many calories and eating nuts. I'm hoping by following these guidelines more closely (and eliminating the high fat high calorie foods) that I will lose weight.
jenniferhopeful_

Postby Pann » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:20 am

Very curious to see where the McDougall program will take me. Thank you for the opportunity.
My starting weight is 156.5lbs (71 kg) and for my height I have approx 5 kg to lose gradually.
I have stopped consuming wine and meat. I need to give attention to stopping dairy and caffeine. I am going quite well in reducing both but they are not yet eliminated. Exercise consists of two bike rides x20 Km and 3 gym visits per week. Need to add some walking.
I love the food and feel excited to try new recipes. None of my family or friends are interested, so I will face challenges.
Pann

Postby EmmaLW » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:08 am

Hello - just starting - my weight is 256 lbs. I am 5’11’’. I had my gall bladder removed 5 years ago and have gradually put on more and more weight. I am hoping this high starch, fat free approach will help me lose the 70 lbs I have put on.
EmmaLW

Postby chef16 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:54 am

Hi! I would like to join this group. I thought I had but now I am not sure now . My starting weight is 274#. I really need to get my life back!
Doreen
chef16

Postby avanburen » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:57 am

My starting weight as of yesterday is 258.6lbs.
avanburen

Postby Sherr61 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:02 am

jkcook wrote:I was wondering, since there’s probably not a lot of restaurants around, can you go to your favorite restaurant or two during a non-busy time and talk to them about creating a couple of dishes that are compliant? I have several restaurants around here are trained to fix my food without oil. I always tip a little bit extra, for their trouble. It’s worth a try.

Hi... that's a great idea. My friend owns the restaurant and I will ask her about it. I appreciate your consideration!
Sherr61

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program