MARCH '09 - MWL "ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!&qu

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby mairead11 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:05 am

I'm slamming closed my month of march, like it was a bad book. A horror story. Hopefully this month will not be repeated again in '09—a lot of variables came into play and I found myself having to be resigned to just doing the best I could at any given point. I couldn't keep up with my vigorous exercise routine. Meal-wise, I didn't go so far off track in any one meal, but a little off a lot of meals [like a piece of bread, or a half dozen nuts], and this was enough for me to maintain at this weight. This stressed me out no end, as I need to loose. Not maintain.
I am gaining back my control. I've been armed for this week with baked potatoes, split pea soup, lentil-butternut squash soup, and salad.

Here's to a new month! =)
See you all in April.
Mairead
mairead11

Postby Starchyme » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:17 am

I hear ya, Mairead11. I didn't do the best I could do either. April brings renewal during the advent of Spring.

I've been AWOL from the gym since 1/26. So my goal for April is to work on that! Planning no less than 3 times a week at the gym for strength training and no less than 3 times walking outside for at 40 minutes to an hour. I HAVE NO EXCUSES TO OFFER! LOL

Who all is planning to rejoin the challenge in April?

Happy McDougalling.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Letha. » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:50 am

Good morning all. I’m still on plan and planning to stay that way. This is my last post in this thread. I’ve posted in this thread every single day in March and I’ve read every message posted here this month. Participating in this group thread has been very helpful to me. All of you have inspired and supported me and I am very grateful to all of you for hanging in there with me.

Regarding my results for the month. My weight loss is a little slower then I’d like, but I’m comfortable and not feeling tempted to eat off program so I’m just going to keep on the same path. I’m very pleased with myself for sticking with my 12 week exercise plan (I just started my 6th week). I think I’m seeing some good improvement in my overall balance & in the strength of my left knee/leg. Osteoarthritis and a sprain of my left knee has really limited my mobility since last summer – and being sedentary doesn’t help with the weight loss. It’s my hope to start (at a turtle’s pace) a walking program when I get done with my current 12 week plan.

I love you all & I’ll see you in the April thread. :)
Letha
Letha.

Postby luvdachiess » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:01 am

March has not been good for me either. Bring on April. =)
Teresa
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHMutQn/]
[/url]
luvdachiess

Postby luvdachiess » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:03 am

Have we started the thread for tomorrow yet? I did not see Aprils thread there.
Teresa
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHMutQn/]
[/url]
luvdachiess

Postby Starchyme » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:30 am

luvdachiess wrote:Have we started the thread for tomorrow yet? I did not see Aprils thread there.

I imagine we'll start reporting our first weigh-in for April tomorrow. I, myself, will be reporting Friday.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby LauraA » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:48 am

Hi All -

[/b]Luvdachiess-thanks for reminding me to get the April thread started - it's now up and running!

Luvdachiess,HealthE1,Mairead11-I think that no time on the program is wasted - even if you stayed the same or gained, you were figuring out what works for you, or what happens if you don't stay on plan. The big thing is, you're still here, and not giving up!! I'll see you in April!

Letha-You're doing great. I think that the speed of weight loss will come and go. Your exercise success is really good, and I'm so glad that your knee is getting better. November will be our 6th month with this thread. We're all doing a great job of sticking with it! Take care, lauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby LauraA » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:50 am

In my last post all of the wrong parts are in bold, but I'm not going to bother to fix it! Sorry! LauraA
Take care, LauraA

Letha
LauraA

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:18 am

Aren't computers great Laura LOL.

hey Letha and TopView (Melanie?), great going on the calendars. I love the stickers. If I had sticker room I'd use it. I get teased because my calendar is flylady stickers. Not sure who all here knows flylady, but she's been my help for several years now. she helped change my attitude.

Laura - high five for going out to 'eat' and just visiting because of the unhealthy choices.

Riva same to you, but please don't let that stuff sit under your nose. Especially if it's bothering you at all.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby topview1 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:30 am

Faith in DC wrote: If I had sticker room I'd use it. I get teased because my calendar is flylady stickers. Not sure who all here knows flylady, but she's been my help for several years now. she helped change my attitude.

Where do you think I got the sticker idea? :D :D

I use my version of her routines to put my day on automatic pilot, a weekly menu calender on the fridge keeps the food on table fairly easily. I found her site when my almost 5 year old was 6mo. and my house/life was overwhelming. I don't pay too much attention to the emails and stuff now, it is pretty automatic. :D
Melanie
McDougalling with 5 special somebodies
4 boys - 9,7,5,3

topview1

March summary

Postby Riva » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:26 pm

March has been a good month for me.
That is because I switched to 100% adherence in late Feb and it has made all the difference.
On the not so good end I fell off my little exercise program when I hurt my back and did not climb back on when my back healed. Must work on that.
Riva
Riva

Postby Mommylut » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 pm

I too am so glad to have April begin. March is much better over!
Mommylut

Watching you

Postby veganfairy1 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:42 pm

Well, I have been peeking in on all your posts every week to see how you are all doing and I think that you are all doing great.

Letha, you amaze me...with all your hard work and your planning.

I am going to be commited to doing this as well. I was waiting to get my report back from my doc to see all the tests so I can start McDougalling and get my numbers down. Now that my Thyroid meds are all on track (I had cancer and they removed it), I can start the plan. I am a little shy so I am going to do it with you but won't post my weight yet.
I will hopefully be ready by the May thread.

Will keep in touch...
Veganfairy
No food tastes as good as being thin feels....
veganfairy1

Re: Watching you

Postby LauraA » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:21 am

veganfairy1 wrote:Well, I have been peeking in on all your posts every week to see how you are all doing and I think that you are all doing great.

Letha, you amaze me...with all your hard work and your planning.

I am going to be commited to doing this as well. I was waiting to get my report back from my doc to see all the tests so I can start McDougalling and get my numbers down. Now that my Thyroid meds are all on track (I had cancer and they removed it), I can start the plan. I am a little shy so I am going to do it with you but won't post my weight yet.
I will hopefully be ready by the May thread.

Will keep in touch...
Veganfairy

Hi and welcome - no need to post your weight. You can just post amount lost if you prefer! I'll see you over on the April thread. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

Letha
LauraA

Postby LauraA » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:22 am

Happy April to all - please join us on the May thread. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

Letha
LauraA

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program