The November MMC is here!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

So, yesterday...

Postby Goosetracks » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:46 am

I did well on some of my goals and not so hot on a couple. :) OHWELL!

I'm starting to get sick (You know that feeling you get at the beginning of a cold? I've got it!) and I took it really easy on myself yesterday. So, no walking, but I did break into a sweat while doing house-work, does that count? LOL!!!!

Food went well. Ate as planned in "Roberta's Corner", except when supper came around I was feelin' weird and yucky, NOT hungry! I drank about a quart of water and skipped the apple.

Didn't do a quiet time, but will today. So, let's see... I hit 4 out of 6 of my MMC goals. WAHOO!!! for me!

ONWARD!!!
Arline
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcOMtZY/]
Goosetracks

Postby cowgirrlup » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:31 am

plantlvnveg wrote:I'm in.

Iv been a McDougaller and a vegan for a long time, last few months Iv been eating too much fat in the forms of soy lattes, soy "ice cream" basically all the vegan junk foods. Im back on startaing today Nov 1!!

My goals:
Exercise at least 3 times per week
NO FAT/NO OIL
Try harder to stop consuming diet cola

:cool:

Yeah! We have such a great group here. I'm so happy you are going to be part of it.

Vegan junk food & vegan baking were (are) a big problem for me, too. We can do this though!

WE are gonna rock this challenge!

Stay safe,
karyn
cowgirrlup

Re: So, yesterday...

Postby cowgirrlup » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:33 am

Goosetracks wrote:I did well on some of my goals and not so hot on a couple. :) OHWELL!

I'm starting to get sick (You know that feeling you get at the beginning of a cold? I've got it!) and I took it really easy on myself yesterday. So, no walking, but I did break into a sweat while doing house-work, does that count? LOL!!!!

Food went well. Ate as planned in "Roberta's Corner", except when supper came around I was feelin' weird and yucky, NOT hungry! I drank about a quart of water and skipped the apple.

Didn't do a quiet time, but will today. So, let's see... I hit 4 out of 6 of my MMC goals. WAHOO!!! for me!

ONWARD!!!
Arline

You did really good girlfriend!

When you are sick, though, yoiu have to make some adjustments. Take care of yourself.

Huggs,
karyn
cowgirrlup

Postby healthyrn » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:49 pm

I'm back from my 5K It was a great turnout!!! I've stayed true to my plan so far today.Good luck to all,
Karen
healthyrn

Postby cowgirrlup » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:27 pm

healthyrn wrote:I'm back from my 5K It was a great turnout!!! I've stayed true to my plan so far today.Good luck to all,
Karen

Good job, Karen! I did kind of OK,,,I guess..

I had squash for breakfast (spaghetti squash, butternut squash, edamame and salsa..

By lunchtime I couldn't stand the thought of the blasted squash for my meal..so I had a baked potato with corn, carrots, broccoli & green beans..

For dinner I ate the squash again..LOL..so I guess it wasn't too bad..

We can do this!
cowgirrlup

Sun. Morning Check-in

Postby Goosetracks » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:28 am

Yesterday was like Friday. I did great with 3 of my goals and didn't do the other two. Okay, fine. I did THREE!!! LOL!

The food went as planned in "Roberta's Corner". We have 3 extra teenage girls here overnight for a birthday sleep-over and there was MAJOR SAD food happening. Vegetarian but not vegan and sure as heck not low fat. I kinda freaked and went into a zipped lip mode. NOTHING for supper except water again. It felt like if I started eating I wouldn't stop. I knitted and went to bed "early". Well, earlier than everyone else. LOL!

This morning when I grabbed my husband's bathrobe and tied it around my waist... I HAVE A WAIST???? WHOA!!!! I don't have that puffy, over-filled feeling that has become normal. AWESOME!!! Pay back is SWEET!

I've planned today's food and activity, now I'm off here to DO my quiet time (while it IS still quiet! LOL!)

This is the beginning of my 4th day of MMC. Traditionally what has happened after the third day of a squeaky clean lifestyle is that I start to have a clearer mind. Not so foggy and distractable. That would be fab! Especially for my quiet time. :)

ONWARD!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcOMtZY/]
Goosetracks

Re: Sun. Morning Check-in

Postby cowgirrlup » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:22 pm

Goosetracks wrote:Yesterday was like Friday. I did great with 3 of my goals and didn't do the other two. Okay, fine. I did THREE!!! LOL!

The food went as planned in "Roberta's Corner". We have 3 extra teenage girls here overnight for a birthday sleep-over and there was MAJOR SAD food happening. Vegetarian but not vegan and sure as heck not low fat. I kinda freaked and went into a zipped lip mode. NOTHING for supper except water again. It felt like if I started eating I wouldn't stop. I knitted and went to bed "early". Well, earlier than everyone else. LOL!

This morning when I grabbed my husband's bathrobe and tied it around my waist... I HAVE A WAIST???? WHOA!!!! I don't have that puffy, over-filled feeling that has become normal. AWESOME!!! Pay back is SWEET!

I've planned today's food and activity, now I'm off here to DO my quiet time (while it IS still quiet! LOL!)

This is the beginning of my 4th day of MMC. Traditionally what has happened after the third day of a squeaky clean lifestyle is that I start to have a clearer mind. Not so foggy and distractable. That would be fab! Especially for my quiet time. :)

ONWARD!!!

Woo Hoo! You are doing so good!

A waist is a lovely thing, isn't it?

stay safe,
karyn
cowgirrlup

Postby cowgirrlup » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:23 pm

I ate something not on plan today, but I would do it again under the same circumstances.

An elderly neighbor (93) invited me to lunch at her home as a thank you for doing most of her shopping. She had made a point of having someone go to the store and get her some vegan spicy chicken patties...very expensive for her budget.

She was so thrilled to surprise me with that spicy chicken patty, that I didnt even hesitate. I ate it and loved it and thanked her profusely. What a sweetheart she is.

So, I went off plan at lunch today, but I do not apologize for it. I will be back on plan for dinner and I really don't think any harm could have been done by that lunch that was made for me with such love.

I guess its just a little reminder to myself and everyone else who needs it....some times when we go off plan its not an "excuse" we give, it is in fact a very valid reason. I think there is a big difference!

We need to remember to be kind to ourselves!

Stay safe,
Karyn
cowgirrlup

Postby busymomof4 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:14 pm

cowgirrlup wrote:I ate something not on plan today, but I would do it again under the same circumstances.

An elderly neighbor (93) invited me to lunch at her home as a thank you for doing most of her shopping. She had made a point of having someone go to the store and get her some vegan spicy chicken patties...very expensive for her budget.

She was so thrilled to surprise me with that spicy chicken patty, that I didnt even hesitate. I ate it and loved it and thanked her profusely. What a sweetheart she is.

So, I went off plan at lunch today, but I do not apologize for it. I will be back on plan for dinner and I really don't think any harm could have been done by that lunch that was made for me with such love.

I guess its just a little reminder to myself and everyone else who needs it....some times when we go off plan its not an "excuse" we give, it is in fact a very valid reason. I think there is a big difference!

Stay safe,
Karyn

I applaud you, Karyn! There are legitimate times to go off plan. That was definitely one of them. How sweet of her to go out of her way to get something vegan for you to eat. :) How sweet of YOU for doing her shopping. :nod:
Michele
busymomof4

Postby proverbs31woman » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:34 pm

cowgirrlup wrote:I ate something not on plan today, but I would do it again under the same circumstances.

Stay safe,
Karyn

I agree with you, Cowgirrlup! You are such a sweetie for sacrificing your plan to make an elderly lady feel loved.

You all are doing so well on this plan.
proverbs31woman

Postby cowgirrlup » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:43 pm

busymomof4 wrote:

Stay safe,
Karyn

I applaud you, Karyn! There are legitimate times to go off plan. That was definitely one of them. How sweet of her to go out of her way to get something vegan for you to eat. :) How sweet of YOU for doing her shopping. :nod:

Thank you. She is a really great person and that $6.00 box of vegan "chicken" was a huge expense for her. (I'll bring her a few things during the week).

Sometimes when I think back at all of life's many celebrations I am saddened at how many I missed because I was "on a diet".

I can't get those moments back and I wouldn't have suffered any damage by eating a bit of cake or ice cream or pizza or whatever it was. Some of those people are gone now, too.

Realistically, it was never a birthday party or a promotion party that made me fat, it was my day to day eating.

So, I may end up going off plan once in a while now, but I am going to refuse to lose any more of life's precious moments because of a bit of food on my plate.

You are 100% right, there are legitimate times to go off plan.

I will stay with being vegan, but if there is a vegan cake or some soy ice cream, from now on I'm in!

Then back on plan at the next meal.

Stay safe,
karyn
cowgirrlup

Postby cowgirrlup » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:49 pm

hasanismom wrote:

Stay safe,
Karyn

I agree with you, Cowgirrlup! You are such a sweetie for sacrificing your plan to make an elderly lady feel loved.

You all are doing so well on this plan.

Thank you, but I think I kind of did it for me, too. I don't think I could have looked at myself in the mirror if I had hurt her feelings. It was so nice of her and the $6.00 was a big expense for her.

I have hurt people before by not eating things that someone made for a celebration because it was fattening, etc... but never again. If its vegan, I'll eat some! Then back to the plan at the next meal.

You would love this woman! Very active mentally & physically, but cannot see well enough to drive or to shop.

I'll make sure I bring her some casseroles this week..I try to make extra and then I tell her they are leftovers.

We are doing well, aren't we? I'm so glad you are here with us. You are such role model for us!

Stay safe,
karyn
cowgirrlup

Postby cowgirrlup » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:56 pm

A note to all the November MMC'ers and to anyone else who is visiting us here...

I switched to potatos today 'cuz I would have been in tears if I had seen another squash right now. :D

I had hash browns for breakfast and I figured I'd have a baked potato and some veggies for dinner....by "baked" I usually mean "nuked".

Then I decided that I'd slow bake some potatos, so I scrubbed em and put them in the oven at 350 degrees for 3 hours.

HEAVEN! Crispy skins and sooo soft inside.

I like them so much better than the ones we bake and rush at 450 degrees..I baked 6 of them....hubby ate one! I should have baked 10 of them! :D

Anyways, such a small change in the preparation made a huge change in the flavor and my attitude!

So, let's share the easy tips that we think everyone knows and uses, because they may be stuck in a rut like I was.

Stay safe,
karyn
cowgirrlup

Postby Love the Lorax » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:42 pm

Way to go cowgirrlup!!!! In a heart beat I'd agree you did the right thing by eating that little patty.

I will join in the MMC for this week at least, maybe the week after.... I already know I won't be able to stay with it next Saturday, so why even pretend. Hubby wants us to go out to eat, and I'll be doing well to try to stay McDougall legal. Any how, I figure sticking with it for 5 days will be doable, and a way to try it without committing to a large time frame and then failing.

I will have potato as my starch. I'd love to knock off a couple of pounds doing this! Does this sound strange... I've lost 15 pounds, so far so good, and yet I swear I notice the remaining fat roll more NOW than I did when it was larger! I guess now I'm just focused on that fat roll and getting it smaller.....
Love the Lorax

Postby dagiosgirl » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:53 pm

Today was day 1 for me. I didn't get on the Wii like I'd planned, but I ate right. Lots and lots of brown rice and two salads.

I originally thought that I'd combine MMC with the elimination diet, but with our big move coming up soon, I don't think this is the right time to do the elimination diet. Plus, I found the last of the summer tomatoes at a local farm, and I just couldn't pass them up -- even if I might have a reaction to them!
dagiosgirl

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program