FEB '09 MWL "ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY"

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Anndreak » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:57 am

I'm up 5lbs from the last 2 weeks. I'm really really really not happy about it. :( I'm seriously considering doing the MM's Diet for the next 2 weeks.
~ Anndrea
Anndreak

0 pounds

Postby Love the Lorax » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:13 am

Well, not McD's fault in the least, that's all I can say. Yep.... when I stay on plan things go well. Otherwise, not so much.....
Love the Lorax

Postby LauraA » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:23 am

HealthE1 wrote:Good early morning! I weighed in at 1 pound weight loss.

Goals this week:

No snacking in-between meals other than a mineola and banana.

Get back to fitness program - Walk at least 3 times for no less than 30 minutes & strength-training machines no less than 2 days.

What is a mineola??
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby Felini » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:27 am

I lost 1.2 lbs. this week and I feel fantastic! My goal for the week is to do some more exercise.

I am losing weight and can honestly say am rarely hungry. Oh, I get hungry enough to know when to eat again, but it's not "dieting" hunger.

It's been 57 days Vegan and it's second nature now. Everything is easier. Looking forward to March challenge.

Hang in there everyone!

Felini

"I know I can, I know You can!"
Felini

Postby Bambie113 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:01 am

Awesome job everyone!
I wont be able to weigh in until after 4pm (work and then acupuncture!) but I'm looking forward to the scale. What other way of eating lets you look forward to the scale??! lol, and I don't even have to bust my butt at the gym everyday! Thats even better, I dont' have time for that anymore!

For those who didn't lose or even gained try not to get too discouraged and definitly watch a video! I've decided I want watch a couple every week. Even if I've already seen them. Great motivation, and then you can clearly remember their voices speaking, not just the facts.
Back to work! ugh... :-D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTiqtcQ/]
[/url]
Bambie113

Postby cowgirrlup » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:12 am

I stayed the same...it might be a 1/2 pound down, but I don't do the fractions of a pound...I am OK with staying the same as I made some bad choices during the week. Small snacks can really creep up on ya!

I did some praying yesterday for some more help with this and I feel really good about it today.

I have carrots, broccoli, baked potatoes & red peppers all roasting in the oven right now... and a small dish of tofu is baking...I had to use it rather than let it go bad, but I figure its a small package and spread out over a few days I don't think it can do much harm. We shall see. :D
I have bursts of being a lady, but it doesn't last long.

The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating.
cowgirrlup

Postby mairead11 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:12 am

The scales are unavailable to me today, and in a way I'm okay with that!! Letha, please count me as a zero for this week.

Hasn't been my best week—for the past two weeks, I've been staying in someone elses home, so there have been many challenges. For the most part I've been perfectly on track with meals, however...there have been a few stumbling blocks. It's been an "all or nothing" deal with green veggies...my meals were either HUGE salads, or beans + rice/potatoes. Which I'm thinking has not been doing me many favours [I can put away quite an amount of rice + beans/potatoes!]. This week, I'll aim to have salads at lunch, and a smaller salad first with dinner.

Also, in the evening I've taken to having a few squares of vegan dark chocolate. Not a practice I intend to keep up, but boy did I enjoy it while it lasted! Oh...yeah, there was also a vegan cookie in there during the week. Ahem...I guess I really didn't have such a stellar week after all! Haahaa.

I plan on being able to take the weekend to get better organized. Here's to another week ladies + gentlemen!
mairead11

Postby LauraA » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:58 am

Hi all - some of us are still struggling, but it seems to me that more and more of us are saying how great we feel, how easy this is, how we are not hungry and don't have cravings. That is so great! For me (and I have "dieted" for about 40 years), the real key here is to be strict enough to get rid of compulsive eating and cravings. I know that for others it seems better to cut out foods gradually, or to have treats so that you don't feel deprived. I don't feel deprived ever anymore, and that is so new for me. It did take me nearly a year to get going with McDougalling, though. I kept starting and stopping. I don't think that I ever stuck with it long enough to hit this cruising speed! Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby liam13 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:13 am

this am I weighed in at 240.8. About where I was a week ago. Frustrated, but will keep on keeping on. Liam :-(
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/][img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slider-man2/lb/245/185/250/.png[/img][/url]
liam13

Postby potatolicious » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:49 am

LauraA wrote:What is a mineola??

It's an orange citrus fruit, like a tangerine. Sweet. I've heard that they're the same as Honeybells, but I don't know that for sure.
potatolicious

Postby potatolicious » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:14 pm

No change for me this week. I, too, succumbed to the baked good demon, and ate 2 bagels. I also had a vegan but not necessarily McD-friendly lunch out with a friend that included a not-whole-grain wrap and some absolutely delicious black-bean hummus, which was too creamy and smooth to have no added oil. Oh well. Back on track for me. I'll have to come up with my own equally delicious and McD-style bb hummus.

To all those who are frustrated by the popularity/success of other diets, just keep in mind that we're improving our health as we lose weight. No need to worry about elevated cholesterol, kidney damage, etc. when we McDougall. In the long run, we will be ahead.

That said, I'm a little frustrated this week myself. (I hope this doesn't sound whiny). I've tried some recipes that were far from home runs. Even my tried-and-trues don't taste quite right. I've had a cold for over 2 weeks now; maybe that is affecting my sense of taste. I can't even look at anything tomato-based (soup, chili) - I'm just so sick of it. :x So, I'm back to lots of plain potatoes.

I've been reviewing what star/star-ish McDougallers have done. I can learn from their successes. Interestingly, most seem to have routinized their food - usually the same breakfast and lunch every day. I guess I'm still searching for those great (for me and my taste) recipes so I don't have to keep thinking about food. But I have to stop, for a while, and readjust my focus. That is my goal for the next week - to discover what satisfies me so much that I could eat it every day for breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Congrats to all who lost this week.
potatolicious

Postby Bambie113 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:07 pm

So I'm at work, on my lunch break. And I was asked to go get pizza for a birthday. I bought 6 boxes of pizzas (2 boxes have my favorite in them!) and they are now sitting on a table about 20 ft away from me.. and they smell amazingly, really good..

But geuss what?!! I'm eating BBQ Stew instead!!!(Letha's recipe) And geuss what else?! I really like it!! And I'm going to go have 2nds, and maybe even 3rds and geuss what will happen if I have 3rds?! I wont be sick, I wont feel gross, I wont want to go to sleep, I wont gain weight, AND I wont be guilty the REST of the week!! I'm sooo lucky!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTiqtcQ/]
[/url]
Bambie113

Postby mairead11 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Bambie113 wrote:But geuss what?!! I'm eating BBQ Stew instead!!!(Letha's recipe) And geuss what else?! I really like it!! And I'm going to go have 2nds, and maybe even 3rds and geuss what will happen if I have 3rds?! I wont be sick, I wont feel gross, I wont want to go to sleep, I wont gain weight, AND I wont be guilty the REST of the week!! I'm sooo lucky!

Bambie113, you rock!! What a fantastic attitude! [I'm absolutely going to let your positivity rub off on me!]. Thanks for sharing.
mairead11

Postby 141 by 41 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Lost track of days this week and didn't realize it was Thursday = weigh in day today! :o I'll weigh in tomorrow and post results.
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
141 by 41

Postby proverbs31woman » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:22 pm

That's so good to hear, Bambie! I know that it is hard, but the return is so worth it. Last night I had an incredible urge to eat a leftover turkey patty that I had cooked for the rest of the family. I had pigged out on Cheerios, so I thought that I might as well go all of the way, but thank God I convinced myself to just go to sleep.

Today I'm glad that I only have to worry about the tremendous amount of Honey Oat Cheerios that I had last night.

I will weigh-in tomorrow morning since I do not have a scale at home and I use the scale at the gym.
proverbs31woman

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program