FEB '09 MWL "ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY"

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby proverbs31woman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:48 pm

stormie wrote:Hi Proverbs31Woman! It's good to see you over here! I'm hoping at the end of this month I'm at your weight! We're the exact same height!

It's good to see you on here as well. You've done so well in your first month. I'm sure you'll be passing me up in no time.

LauraA wrote:Yes, we weigh in on Thursdays, and the report of how we did as a group is posted by Letha on Fridays. It's been going really well.

Wow...you all are so organized! This is great! I'm already glad that I joined.
proverbs31woman

Postby liam13 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:17 pm

Not the greatest start to the month, but not terrible either. I will start my menu log tomorrow and hope to the weight melt away. Liam :oops:
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/][img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slider-man2/lb/245/185/250/.png[/img][/url]
liam13

Postby topview1 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:54 am

On plan and planning to stay that way.

Heading out the door for a day of running around, lunches and snacks packed and Fit10 done. Go me. I can do this.

Oatmeal with flax
Rice and veggies + a sweet potato
MWL coleslaw

Supper? LIkely potatoes...
Melanie
McDougalling with 5 special somebodies
4 boys - 9,7,5,3

topview1

Postby Letha » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:55 am

Welcome to the group Vanilla Orchid!

I’m on plan and planning to stay that way. I’ve posted my menu over in Roberta’s corner.

I picked up some resistance bands yesterday in the hope that a new toy might inspire me to move a little bit. Not prepared to commit to anything regular, but reading about all of the exercise that you folks are doing makes me want to try a little something something. :cool: I’ll check back tomorrow.
Letha
Letha

checking in...

Postby walker1 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:25 am

Good morning. I'm on plan and planning to stay that way.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. My goal was to avoid bread, and I did it.

Have a nice day,
Nancy.

Note to Emmy, I think rice is a great idea for a green wrap. I'd also add refried beans, salsa, and chopped onion.
walker1

Postby Anndreak » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:58 am

I'm really really really excited! I am addicted to Thai food! That has been probably my hardest thing to limit/give up/change.

So this new place opened by right by my house. I went there last night with my boyfriend! They have a whole section of food that I swear was made for the MWL!! It was soo good, I didn't miss Pad Thai at all! I got Steamed Brocolli, Carrots, Onion in a garlic sauce (soy and water based!)

I also had a cup of the best Tom Yum Soup Ive ever had. Its made to order, no oil, and was loaded with carrots, slip peas, baby corn and mushrooms! Mmm

Today
B - Oatmeal
L - Mash potatoes with corn and BBQ sauce & can of Green Beans
S - Banana
D - Probably a baked potato and green beans
~ Anndrea
Anndreak

Postby Letha » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:11 am

Anndreak wrote:So this new place opened by right by my house. I went there last night with my boyfriend! They have a whole section of food that I swear was made for the MWL!! It was soo good, I didn't miss Pad Thai at all! I got Steamed Brocolli, Carrots, Onion in a garlic sauce (soy and water based!)

I also had a cup of the best Tom Yum Soup Ive ever had. Its made to order, no oil, and was loaded with carrots, slip peas, baby corn and mushrooms! Mmm

Color me green with envy. :-D
Letha
Letha

Postby LauraA » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:23 am

Hi All - I'm about to go out for a walk in NYC, just as it is beginning to snow! I go back home to GA on Thursday, so I'll have to get up early on Friday to weigh in - I hope that's ok with you, Letha! I hope that everyone is doing well. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby Letha » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:58 am

LauraA wrote:Hi All - I'm about to go out for a walk in NYC, just as it is beginning to snow! I go back home to GA on Thursday, so I'll have to get up early on Friday to weigh in - I hope that's ok with you, Letha! I hope that everyone is doing well. Take care, LauraA

Hi LauraA,
No problem, if you don’t get a chance to post your results before the Friday morning wrap-up, then I’ll include your results in the Friday evening update. :)
Letha
Letha

Postby Anndreak » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:25 am

I am going to experiment with different Tom Yum soups to see if I can re create that goodness at home, then I will share with everyone :)
~ Anndrea
Anndreak

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:55 am

I've never seen a vegan Tom Yum soup but would love to try it. I do love Thai food.

Well, I'm on plan, though having a different lunch for once. Funny, I usually eat this huge salad, and soup. Today I bought tiny potatoes called creamers and mixed summer veggies and spinach, with triple succotash over it. It's not as filling. I usually do my heavy starch in the evening, it's a comfort thing.

Anyway had a great, sweaty, workout yesterday and looking forward to another tonight.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby cowgirrlup » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi! I am such a dork...I was just sitting here thinking how quiet the htread has been when it dawned on me its now February and its a new thread...DUH! :oops:

I'm in!
I have bursts of being a lady, but it doesn't last long.

The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating.
cowgirrlup

Postby kpolninja » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:00 pm

I got a great yoga dvd last night and did it at home. I really love the energy of a class, but at home is good too.

I'm going to make something with the fingerling potatoes I have at home...maybe some kind of a soup.

Husband has a cold, he wants sizzling rice soup so I'm going to try to make a vegan fat free version...it may turn in to asian vegetable rice soup, but whatever.
kpolninja

Postby wendysmiling » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:06 pm

Which yoga DVD do you use? I'm having trouble finding a beginner's DVD. The instructor I used to have said she had never seen one that beginners could actually use.

kpolninja wrote:I got a great yoga dvd last night and did it at home. I really love the energy of a class, but at home is good too.

I'm going to make something with the fingerling potatoes I have at home...maybe some kind of a soup.

Husband has a cold, he wants sizzling rice soup so I'm going to try to make a vegan fat free version...it may turn in to asian vegetable rice soup, but whatever.
WendySmiling :-)
Dec 2000 - 250
Dec 2004 - 125
Dec 2009 - 200 (cortisone therapy)
Dec 2010 - 165
MAY 2011 - 150
May 2012 - 150
11/18/12 - 160 - Goal 120
45-41-42-36
wendysmiling

Postby LauraA » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:35 pm

wendysmiling wrote:Which yoga DVD do you use? I'm having trouble finding a beginner's DVD. The instructor I used to have said she had never seen one that beginners could actually use.

kpolninja wrote:I got a great yoga dvd last night and did it at home. I really love the energy of a class, but at home is good too.

Hi - I'm not home, so I don't have the exact title, but I have a really nice yoga tape made by or for "Just My Size" I love it ! Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program