Jan 09 "ON PLAN PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY" MWL

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby toadfood » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:42 pm

Congratulations to everyone for sticking with this program for a full month! And congratulations, losers!

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby Letha » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:41 am

Good morning everyone. I’m on plan and planning to stay that way. This is my last post in this thread. I’ve posted in this thread every single day in January & I’ve read every one of the 870 messages that have been posted. Reading all of your tips, suggestions, struggles, and triumphs have made me feel part of a group and that has helped to keep me on track. A big thank you from me to everyone who participated this month.

With the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas, where I followed the regular McDougall plan, I’ve been on the MWL plan since September 18th with no exceptions. I lost 10.5 pounds in January, and I’ve lost 56.4 pounds since I started Sept. 18th. Additionally, I’ve gotten significant relief from my GERD/IBS symptoms. I’ve had reduced swelling in my hands, wrists, knees, ankles, & feet. I no longer get short of breath walking from room to room in my house. My left knee continues to improve slowly so I’m depending less on my cane and the callous I had on my hand from the cane is nearly gone. The reduction in knee and leg pain resulted in my no longer feeling the need to keep Ibuprofen within arms reach at all times. And finally, I’m just feeling hopeful about the future.

I look forward to seeing all of you over in the February thread. Best wishes.
Letha
Letha

Postby Starchyme » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:06 am

Great going, Letha. That's phenomental!I'm so happy for you and wishing you continued success.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby toadfood » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:26 am

Thanks for sharing all your progress, Letha. There is so much to this program besides losing weight. I look forward to hearing more from everyone in the February thread!

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby LauraA » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi everyone - I'll see you all on the February thread beginning tomorrow. Today I did 30 minutes on the elliptical as well as some walking around NYC. My new goal for Feb will be to exercise at least thirty minutes per day, 5 days per week, and to post on the thread that I am on plan with exercise as well as with eating. I really appreciate everyone's participation in this January thread. It is so helpful to me to be checking in with such a supportive group. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program