Superbow Sunday!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Superbow Sunday!

Postby Anndreak » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:46 am

So my friends are having a huge potluck on Superbowl Sunday. Now Im not a fan really of football but my boyfriend is. Any sugguestions on dishes I could bring that will be MWL friendly yet satisfy the masses?
~ Anndrea
Anndreak

Postby Letha » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:58 am

Crock pot full of spicy chili. :cool:

Letha

Postby Bambie113 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:03 am

Good morning Anndreak! Maybe you could try making those stuffed peppers? My dad is the biggest carnivore ever but he said that he wanted me to make him those, hopefully that means less buffalo wings!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTiqtcQ/]
[/url]
Bambie113

Postby Anne-Marie » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:06 am

veggie chili - if you want add-ons you could have separate bowls of cheese, sour cream, onions etc

black bean salad - canned black beans, diced red pepper, sliced green onions, a can of corn with a lemon juice vinagrette. Marinate before leaving for the party. This always disappears when I take it to a party.

black bean dip with baked tortilla chips

crudite with fat-free hummus
McDougalling since Dec '06
Anne-Marie
Anne-Marie

Postby spud » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:32 pm

How about those Yummy Sloppy Lentils? You can serve over buns for the SAD folks and over potatoes for the MWL folks.

You can also bake some french fries when you get there. Serve with some home made dipping sauces. Yum
Meltin my behind in 2009!
MWL since Dec 26, 2008
Starting Weight 240, Current Weight 222
Total Loss 18lbs!
spud

Postby kpolninja » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:43 pm

when ever I try to make french fries they turn out LOUSY! Somebody please give me really good directions!!!
kpolninja

Postby kpolninja » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Oh yeah...I'm making these yummy looking chocolate cookies from FFVK...not MWL, but as good as it can get.
kpolninja

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:00 pm

French fries have to be sliced thin and cooked at a high heat. Frankly mine do better on the grill. In an oven - I'd bake for a while at a high heat and then broil for the crunch.

One of my favorites is Crab fries. I sprinkle the taters with Old Bay seasoning (A Maryland and east coast thing) and then dip them in cocktail sauce.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Anndreak » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:00 am

OOO such a good idea! I love Old Bay Seasoning! I'm going to have to pick some up this week!

Faith in DC wrote:French fries have to be sliced thin and cooked at a high heat. Frankly mine do better on the grill. In an oven - I'd bake for a while at a high heat and then broil for the crunch.

One of my favorites is Crab fries. I sprinkle the taters with Old Bay seasoning (A Maryland and east coast thing) and then dip them in cocktail sauce.
~ Anndrea
Anndreak

Postby nomikins » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:29 am

kpolninja wrote:when ever I try to make french fries they turn out LOUSY! Somebody please give me really good directions!!!

I bake potatoes until they are done. Then I cut them into wedges and put them in the convection toaster oven to get them brown and crispy (at 450). You could also broil the cut wedges if you don't have the convection oven. They turn out brown and crispy. And delicious.
nomikins

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:57 am

thanks Anndreak. Can't take credit for the idea as a restaurant I go to makes them with 'real' fries that are battered and they call them Bayside fries. One of the few things I've missed since going veggie was crabs (and shrimp) and these really fit the bill for that taste, and heck easier than picking and peeling LOL.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program