Anyone else experience this?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Anyone else experience this?

Postby CarolWL » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:14 pm

My weight constantly goes up and down. It has always been this way for me on every diet and also when I'm not dieting.

For instance, I started easing into Mwl on Jan 19; I lost 2 lbs. before I became 100% MWL on Feb. 2. Then I gained 1 lb, then I lost 4, for a total of 5, but since then, I've gone up and down 1 or 2 lbs. every day or two. Wednesday I gained 2 lbs back; today I lost 1, and now I have to lose another lb just to get back to what I was over a week ago!!!!

Sorry if this is hard to follow. What I'm trying to say is: It is SOOOO frustrating to go up and down all the time.
CarolWL

Postby Bambie113 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi Carol,
Are you weighing yourself everyday? Weighing yourself everyday can be dangerous since really your just weighing water weight. Thats why we weigh in once a week, I know its hard thats why I do it twice, once on Monday's to give me a look at how I'm doing (more motivation to eat more greens to lose more by Thursday) and then on Thursday for the MWL weigh in. Maybe the days that you weigh more is the day after you had a little more sodium than normal so your body is holding extra water weight. Just keep truckin' sooner or later you're bound to see a result! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTiqtcQ/]
[/url]
Bambie113

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:28 pm

think about what all goes into weight. Weight is a tool. That's it. Most things dealing with the body is up and down. Think about, take a sip of water, guess what you've just gained some weight. Now go potty, there you go, you've lost. Also the body stores things for later, then you use them. So much goes into weight loss.

Like Bambie said, don't weigh daily. You are setting yourself up for going crazy. That use to be my favorite way to start a binge.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby kpolninja » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:37 pm

I totally have that too...I think it is just your body readjusting to the newly lighter you and how to hold water and things. As long as the net result at the end of the month is negative I think it is not a big deal. And as long as you are being honest with yourself about food.

I was up on the scale this week, but I know it is because of higher fat food choices.
kpolninja

Postby topview1 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:44 pm

If I really want to go crazy, I can watch my weight vary by as much as 4lbs during the day. Early morning before I eat anything is the lightest and after supper can be up as much as 4lbs. I found that the Thursday weigh in accountablity is keeping me on plan and motivating me to mwl 100%. It works the best, though sometimes I sneak a peak earlier in the week, but that is not official and I don't write it down.
Melanie
McDougalling with 5 special somebodies
4 boys - 9,7,5,3

topview1

Postby proverbs31woman » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:42 pm

I agree with the previous posters who said that you shouldn't weigh yourself every day. I know that if I kept a scale at home, I'd always sneak a peak, so I don't have a scale at home. Instead, I use the one at the gym, so that not only keeps me from weighing in every day, but it motivates me to go to the gym. On those days when I shouldn't weigh-in, I find it easier to pass by the scale if it's at the gym.
proverbs31woman

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:31 pm

Yeah, I've been going up and down a pound here and a pound there for several months. But my situation is different from yours in that the net result is I'm staying the same. I think its because I'm doing emotional eating, and I think I'll take that up in another thread.
Vanilla Orchid

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program