Mary's Mini and fruit - I'm confused!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Mary's Mini and fruit - I'm confused!

Postby Toadie » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:12 am

Well, it's been day one of McDougalling for me, also walked, briskly I might add, for 45 minutes.

I'm going to start Mary's Mini today (I'm working an overnight shift as I type this, so I'm into day 2 now.) I'm confused about the fruit issue. I had two apples, two peaches and a pear today, and a lot of the posts in the forum suggest keeping it to only 2 servings on fruit per day. However, I don't see that number anywhere in the details of Mary's Mini.

Why must one only eat two servings of fruit? How would eating more than that cause slower weight loss?

I'm not a calorie counter, but out of curiosity I'd say I had about 678 calories today, and my walk burned about half of those. I know my body's everyday functioning also burns calories (also did 30 sit-ups), but I know I won't lose weight unless I take in less than I expend. I'm not sure how to know if that's happening. I don't have a scale, so I have to rely on how I look to measure my progress.

Can one REALLY lose a pound a day doing Mary's Mini? Seems like an awful lot.

I should add that for various reasons I didn't eat ANYTHING else all day except one potato. I knew I was working overnight so I slept until very late in the afternoon then did my 45 minute walk and had to get ready for work. I also wasn't particularly hungry.

Thanks for any information you can provide. I've really enjoyed reading everyone's stories here on the forum.

Good luck to everyone!
2009: The year of turning my big booty into a beautiful badonkadonk!
Toadie

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:35 am

you need to eat more that's for sure. Goodness it's not a starvation diet.

The two fruits stems from the Maximum Weight Loss Plan book. Fruit is something most folks like, and it goes down so easy. So it could be consumed in high quantities. It also has more calories than vegetables. So it gets limited.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

What to eat

Postby storm20 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:19 pm

What should we eat in a day ideas please
storm20

Re: What to eat

Postby Letha. » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:27 pm

storm20 wrote:What should we eat in a day ideas please

Hi Storm20,
Dr. McDougall has a 12 day meal plan on his main website. Click here for more info.
http://drmcdougall.com/free_5b.html

Best wishes,
Letha
Letha.

Thank you

Postby storm20 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:12 pm

Thank you so much for the information, and your help
storm20

Postby Toadie » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:17 am

Yes, thanks everyone for the info!
2009: The year of turning my big booty into a beautiful badonkadonk!
Toadie

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program