Greetings from a Really New Newbie

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Greetings from a Really New Newbie

Postby rlandis » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:08 pm

Hello all,
I just started this program yesterday. Since February 5, I've been on the Fat Smash Diet, and have lost 18 lbs. This program looks even better to me, so I figured I'll give it a try.

Years ago, I went to the Canyon Ranch, in Tucson AZ, and they advocated a low fat, high carb diet, on which I did very well. Then all of a sudden, low carb seemed to be in fashion, and I was never comfortable with it....so this looks like a plan I can live on.

Ciao,
Richard
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLUW2Zl/]
[/url]
rlandis

welcome

Postby Riva » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:54 am

Welcome! Great success so far...this is a good site for support and we will look forward to hearing from you. What was the smash fat plan like?
Riva
Riva

Postby rlandis » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:59 pm

Fat Smash advocates 4 or 5 meals daily, yellow/green veggies, no counting except for a few items....max of 2 cups brown rice daily, 1/2 cup dry measure oatmeal, 2 low fat yoghurts (no fruit on bottom), no animal proteins.....you can have beans, legumes.....no flour product, no pasta, no coffee
That goes on for 9 days....then you add small portions of animal protein, and a few other things....
There are 4 phases....by the time you finish, you get back a lot of foods in moderation.

I never made it past phase I....I really was attracted to a Vegan approach.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLUW2Zl/]
[/url]
rlandis

Postby Letha. » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:37 am

Hi Richard,
Welcome to the McDougall forum. This is a great place to hang out. Lots of friendly helpful people. Best wishes.
Letha
Letha.

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program